Something I really really really want in this game but doubt will be put in

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

alex 9344

First Lieutenant
Oct 23, 2015
Now first an rpg where evil wins and your the dark lords top general thank you paradox! Now I really really want this game to have a dm mode
I think it would be so cool especially since its a case of evil has already won you could dm your own campaign (kinda what divinity original sin 2 plans) make your own story play as the box enemies etc
Think about it the dm could be the dark Lord and create new quest for you the pc

Or you the dm play against the pc as a shadowy hero creating a rebellion and the dm creates their own npc to act as a final boss

Or create your own original campaign's
Idk I'm super excited for divinity original sins 2 dm mode

I was excited for sword coast legends for the same reason

And I really want this game to have a dm/Gm mode it would be great considering the story about evil already winning

Imo more rpgs need a dm mode it's super fun!
And hell more rpgs just need to happen in general especially isometric

Sorry I'm super passionate about creating stories actively telling those stories out as as the game master and have people change and shape them is why I recently got into games like d&d

@alex 9344
This sounds a lot like a feature that vampire the masquerade on PC had. You could use any/all of the assets, levels ETC and spawn whatever you need as a DM and host your own campaigns. It was pretty fun.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you are saying, think about how much replayability it would add :D

@alex 9344
This sounds a lot like a feature that vampire the masquerade on PC had. You could use any/all of the assets, levels ETC and spawn whatever you need as a DM and host your own campaigns. It was pretty fun.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you are saying, think about how much replayability it would add :D
Ahh vampire of the masquerade. Such a great game. Their needs to be a sequel

@alex 9344

It would add so much replay value

Not a realistic option, I'm afraid: This game uses the same engines as Pillars of Eternity, and due to the way in which maps are made in both games, creating new maps is more or less impossible even for the most dedicated of modders. In addition, the engine is built from the ground up as a single player engine, and converting it to support multiplayer would be a massive undertaking,although such a rewrite would potentially be in-scope for a new game. However, if the developers planned on adding multi-player, they almost certainly would have announced it by now.

Note from the standpoint of developer time and resources, there is no difference between PvP, PvM, or a DM mode -- if your game can support one of these, it can support all of them with minimal technical tweaking (balance and the like is a totally different question, of course).

What is DM?

"Dungeon Master", more generally known as "Game Master". In terms of computer games, a person who is playing the game in a special, "god mode", to make the game more dynamic for the other players. Generally, this takes the form of possessing key NPCs (to provide free text dialog), spawn / de-spawning foes to ensure the challenge level is appropriate, and possessing individual foes to serve as a superior AI.

This occurs in MMORPGs on occasion ("events"), but generally the scale is 1 DM / 1000 players (or similar) -- NWN 1 / NWN 2 was played by many people with one DM / 10 players, making a far more interactive experience. That's what is being requested here.

@jmr5125
Yes, thank you XD. We are not even asking for the ability to edit maps, just let us use pre-existing ones with the power that you describe.

Honestly, I think putting in a DM mode without also putting in map creation capabilities is worse than useless (from Obsidian's point-of-view). See, for example, Dungeon and Dragons: Daggervale, which did exactly that, and got slammed for it (among many, many, many other complaints). Including a DM mode without map creation is just enough to tease those who want NWN 3 without actually fulfilling their desires.

I think there is a definite market for a NWN 3, and if I were Obsidian I'd have that on my "list of games that we should make", but it is important to do it right to avoid backlash.

Nobody has done it right since Neverwinter Nights, the first one. Sword Coast Legends made promises but didn't deliver but someone mentioned Vampire, sword coast was near identical to that.