some unit need ALT key to aim on the ground despite having an AOE attack.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

akinata

Major
24 Badges
Jun 8, 2020
  • Semper Fi
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
it is the case for the dvar foreman and paladin marquis.
i remember a dev telling me it was like that for the foreman for balance purpose but using ALT allow you to aim at the ground anyway.
this is a very counter intuitive design choice.

More like it's because the Foreman's mortar is his default attack, so it would be a bit awkward having to juggle between pressing 1 and 3 if you wanna' move him then shoot somewhere else when no other unit is like that.

Reactions:
interesting thinking. but new players will still be confused about why they can't target ground with their mortar while there is a specific move button anyway.

Imo the moving being default is preferable even for alternate skills. It is so tedious to select a skill, figure out where I need to move, select move, go there and do the thing. I would rather be able to see where I can position myself, move there, then hold alt to target where I want without having to juggle which ability I have selected.