• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Did the same. Cool, I'm the 3rd guy there. :D

HoI2

I miss all my MP games in HoI. But since I moved to Norway the vnet seemed to totaly block me out what ever I tried... so take vnet away and replace it with something that works pleace.

Plz fix the damn MP problems "no game found at ip" before HoI3 comes out.
All other games works fine in MP but all the Paradox games just love to be a bitch.

Just one thing I remembered guys. On several occations before and now testing with Delex, we haven't gotten Hamachi to work in the LAN. We've had to use Direct IP instead and put the Hamachi network IP there.

So I don't know if you can get it working in LAN, but if the situation is like this with several people, it means that there can't be more then one game running in that network at one time, right?

Maybe, I don't know. Never tried more that one game in a network. Not sure how that would influence thing, unless the HOI II program only shows one game on LAN. I have never had any problem going LAN in Hamachi.

In related news, I started a new Ongoing HOI II games thread, so if you have games going send me a PM and I will list them. Among other things listing games there might help prevent conflicts.

As I said, Lord Ederon is thinking of setting up some kind of chat network for players there, and its a good site with a bunch of hardcore HOI guys there all the time, so check it out.

I am interested to join you if there is space in your game. I tried to join your network to have a chat with you but it says the channel is full.

Do you have any slots for new players?
Untitled-2-4.gif

Yea, unfortunately another thing I came across. :( ...I counted and there were 15 players in my network. So I guess that it is the limit? So this is not good for our new valky... :(

Well it seems people are staying organized and that is the main thing. Things will certainly get better when Lord Ederon sets up their online chat function for HOI gamers.

Ok. So Lord Ederon has opened its new Online Gamers Chat line. It is open at this time only to forum members, but Lord Ederon will likely open it up to guests in the future. So, if you want to use it, you have to register at Ed's place.

Here is what it looks like:

Me and my friend used to be in there all the time. Whoever said it is never used has obviously never went in because there are always people on it. There is even a guy named TROXTER who lives in V-Net.

So I have to say "Nice Move Paradox". And don't try and play us off by saying that you can connect over the interent. We all know that is a farce and it hardly ever works. Me and my friend are trying it now and it fails.

Last edited:
I am as suprised as you at the decision. That said we are continuing to play regularly scheduled games through Hamachi and IP, and there has not been any realy technical problem. Organizing games hasn't changed that much either, really, since I myself, and numerous other players gave up on random valky games years ago, since they seem hardly to ever finish.

I think it hurts the community a little, but the actual gaming part has not changed much.

Her is a list of ongoing games with links: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399228

If you are having a problem set up Hamachi, and see if that works.

Regarding Hamachi:

If Paradox *wink wink* wanted a low cost solution to this, they could buy a Hamachi License, which I believe is fairly cheap, and allows for a Network to be created that has unlimited users.

The alternative is someone steps up to bat on this one. Until then, free users can only create networks which cap out at 16 people. (Which is reasonable, just not as a mass chatroom.)

That is a good idea. There is also the chat room at lord ederons which is browser based, and all people need to do is use it.

I can't understand why you have done that for HoI 2 since HoI 3 isn't out yet. For EU 2 etc. I can understand, but not for HoI 2. Better would have been if you had waited until HoI 3 was released.

Regarding Hamachi:

If Paradox *wink wink* wanted a low cost solution to this, they could buy a Hamachi License, which I believe is fairly cheap, and allows for a Network to be created that has unlimited users.

The alternative is someone steps up to bat on this one. Until then, free users can only create networks which cap out at 16 people. (Which is reasonable, just not as a mass chatroom.)

I say we e-mail someone with this.

Regarding Hamachi:

Let's just say that Paradox had some poor experiences with Hamachi /users on Hamachi.. I don't think they like Hamachi much as a result.

There is someking of a bug in hamachi, that is if you use that 30 day premium trial youll have it forever, I dont remenber if its for all versions...