• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Wolfbat Borgia

Somewhere in the Fog of War...
91 Badges
Mar 7, 2005
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
I love the work you'we done with HoI(1)-CORE! :cool: However, there was some wrong solutions in my opinion.

For an example all the different transportships wich can be build. What was the point? I think it over-complicate things more than it does good! 2 or 3 different transports would be enough.

The same goes partly with some of the technology stuff you put in. It became HUGE, and much time is being used in selecting (the right) technology. I hope you'll try to keep it simple, but better than it is now (Hoi2 1.1).

I'm looking forwar to CORE-Hoi2 because I'm sure it will be better than the original game! I hope you consider my suggestions for the CORE-HoI2.

Q: What happend to the Volkswagen-factory in the city of Wolfsburg (Wolfsburg-province (HoI2 1.1)? Was the factory too small to make a difference? Is the Industrial Capasity moved to Magdeburg for some reason, or what?

BTW: I could do some work for you if you want to!

Graf Blotenburg said:
I love the work you'we done with HoI(1)-CORE! :cool: However, there was some wrong solutions in my opinion.

For an example all the different transportships wich can be build. What was the point? I think it over-complicate things more than it does good! 2 or 3 different transports would be enough.

They were in there for historical flavor and to give the player options. There won't be as many transport choices as there were in HoI1, but there will be more than Vanilla HoI2. Right now, the plan is to have a coastal conversion, a merchant conversion, the auxiliary cruiser, the liners (good for the historical OOBs), and an assault transport. This will give the player choices (the AI can't take advantage) and allow for historical OOBs without too many models.

The same goes partly with some of the technology stuff you put in. It became HUGE, and much time is being used in selecting (the right) technology. I hope you'll try to keep it simple, but better than it is now (Hoi2 1.1).

The tech trees will be more simple than they were in CORE1 by virtue of the new tree structure that is present in HoI2. Many of those same techs will be in the tree as components of the techs on the tree, but they won't be listed individually.

I'm looking forwar to CORE-Hoi2 because I'm sure it will be better than the original game! I hope you consider my suggestions for the CORE-HoI2.

Hopefully you feel that your sugestions have already been implemented.

Q: What happend to the Volkswagen-factory in the city of Wolfsburg (Wolfsburg-province (HoI2 1.1)? Was the factory too small to make a difference? Is the Industrial Capasity moved to Magdeburg for some reason, or what?

BTW: I could do some work for you if you want to!

Is there any particular area you would like to help in? MDow

Encouraging Partisans

Each government at war attempted to sow discord and sabotage the economy of its enemies. Would it be possible to add a diplomatic function to allocate resources to do so? The basic idea would be to spend the money (and perhaps supplies) and target a particular area. The calculations of success would include the number of targets (level of industry) current level of dissent in the nation, the current security minister, and amount of protection supplied from on-board units. The least effect would be to increase the partisan level of the area. The greatest effect would include the destruction of a factory or reduction of infrastructure.

Charlie Jehlen said:
Each government at war attempted to sow discord and sabotage the economy of its enemies. Would it be possible to add a diplomatic function to allocate resources to do so? The basic idea would be to spend the money (and perhaps supplies) and target a particular area. The calculations of success would include the number of targets (level of industry) current level of dissent in the nation, the current security minister, and amount of protection supplied from on-board units. The least effect would be to increase the partisan level of the area. The greatest effect would include the destruction of a factory or reduction of infrastructure.
Somehow I doubt a partisan no matter how well equiped would be able to destroy an entire factory.

TC on the other hand already has a penalty added to it for partisan activity, so maybe events to equip resistance groups (supplies) in exchange for higher partisan activity in enemy provinces. I doubt you could do it in the diplomatic engine but as an event for UK it seems possible.

Charlie Jehlen said:

The partisan effect is pretty good in game IMO. More so given the scale of the game. The TC load (and IC impact if there's dissent) is enough for the game. What you propose really isn't something we implement via CORE. It would require some rather significant changes to the hard code, and we're not about that.

Now what could happen at some point, is that there could be some event driven increases to partisan activity, targeting some sort of area, at the cost of supplies/cash/MP. The effect could have some sort of IC loss, but I'd highly doubt it. We'll have to wait and see what happens along the way first, as there may be other changes that will render this moot.

Could a MOD sticky this please? Stoney, or Max, or Vult, or who ever happens to be around..

Well, I had some ideas for events, and I don't really see a topic for it, so I think I'll just post them here.

First of all, I would like to clarify, I've been a great fan of the work you did for HoI 1, and currently, I am trying to get HoI 2, so I would like to help so when I get it I already have some of the changes I wanted done. And, second, I may suggest some events that already have been added, so sorry if I do that.

My suggested events are, they are pretty simple right now: (for now they are all for Argentina)

An chain of events to give Argentina the chance to have paratroopers by 1943, as in reality they were by 1943 the 5th country to have paratroopers.

In 1941, a law was passed that gave autorization to begin excavations to find steel in the country, and they did that same year, in Jujuy steel was found in really large amounts (so I believe that an event should be added to give that province a good amount of steel, if possible of course, and to increase it's industry), causing an incredible industrial growth in that area.

So, what do you think? as I said somewhere, it is really simple by now, cause I want to see how do you respond.

Topic: Events (Country)
Example: "Pre-War: Danzig or War (Germany)"

New World Order Events: Far East (Japan), Africa (Italy), Middle East (Italy/Germany), West Europe and East Europe (Germany), America (Germany/Japan), Balkans (Italy/Germany).

Unification Events: Scandinavia (Denmark/Norway/Sweden), China (Any China Faction), Former Ottoman Empire (Turkey), Arab Federation (Any Arab Country).

Cores: Finland (Scandinavia)

Fix events: Eastern Poland to USSR.

Core .9 for HoI in HoI2. Having said that, I only really care for the tech tree and events (the rest is pure ecstasy)

Suggestions for HOI2

Three things that come to mind:

1) Airforce: Something needs to be done for airforce to take its rightful place in HOI2. Right now, in MP, nobody builds aircraft except for naval (a bit overpowered), air transports (para is always nice to have around) and fighters (or interceptors) to deal with the two previous. It is not normal that a player does not need to build any Strategic or Tactical bomber to win a game;

2) SU in 1936 is too powerful. In a MP game, a SU player managed to field 788 infantry divisions by 1940. Poor Germany had over 150 divisions among which there was some 60-70 armours. However, no matter how powerful his armours were, they could beat almost 800 infantry divisions. Decrease the initial IC by 40, increase initial dissent, add a peacetime modifier, there are a lot of possibilities, but something ought to be done;

3) Not sure you can do something about that, but diplomacy does not work very well. It is way too easy to convince countries to join your side, even though they have +200 toward your enemy!!! Or they favor your side, or the enemy's, but not both. And they should really refuse more often (Spain, Portugal, Turkey, etc., basically never chose one side or the other - except toward the end).

The tech tree needs reworking, but I know you guys already did that.

Ghis

Camrik said:
Three things that come to mind:

1) Airforce: Something needs to be done for airforce to take its rightful place in HOI2. Right now, in MP, nobody builds aircraft except for naval (a bit overpowered), air transports (para is always nice to have around) and fighters (or interceptors) to deal with the two previous. It is not normal that a player does not need to build any Strategic or Tactical bomber to win a game;

Some of these are being addressed through the new tech trees and some of this is limitations created by the game engine.

2) SU in 1936 is too powerful. In a MP game, a SU player managed to field 788 infantry divisions by 1940. Poor Germany had over 150 divisions among which there was some 60-70 armours. However, no matter how powerful his armours were, they could beat almost 800 infantry divisions. Decrease the initial IC by 40, increase initial dissent, add a peacetime modifier, there are a lot of possibilities, but something ought to be done;

For the moment we are going to be focusing on SP play and getting that as historical and balanced as we can. The way that we check balance is by running hands-off games. This usually shows what the AI can and can't do. I am not sure if you can ever provide balance for MP because the games tend to be very ahistorical. Hopefully if we get a very balanced and historical set-up for SP play that will translate well into MP play.

3) Not sure you can do something about that, but diplomacy does not work very well. It is way too easy to convince countries to join your side, even though they have +200 toward your enemy!!! Or they favor your side, or the enemy's, but not both. And they should really refuse more often (Spain, Portugal, Turkey, etc., basically never chose one side or the other - except toward the end).

We can do some tweaking of values to try and bring this about. It will require some testing and I wouldn't expect it for the initial release.

The tech tree needs reworking, but I know you guys already did that.

Ghis[/QUOTE]

Tech trees are the primary goal for the initial release. MDow

Pablo8 said:
Well, I had some ideas for events, and I don't really see a topic for it, so I think I'll just post them here.

First of all, I would like to clarify, I've been a great fan of the work you did for HoI 1, and currently, I am trying to get HoI 2, so I would like to help so when I get it I already have some of the changes I wanted done. And, second, I may suggest some events that already have been added, so sorry if I do that...

...So, what do you think? as I said somewhere, it is really simple by now, cause I want to see how do you respond.

Sorry that it took so long to respond. If you would like to code something up, drop me a PM and I will send you contact information. I look forward to seeing your work. MDow

Here are a few I've been thinking about:

--Sudentendland Crisis. What if UK had an option to offer an alliance to Czechloslovkia (heavy dissent hit for it, of course)

--A second Munich Agreement (two days after war with danzig). It was the intention of Hitler and Mussolini that Poland hand over Danzig without general war. Of course it didn't happen that way, but would it be worth mentioning?

--Pope Calls for Peace (during the phony war between France and Germany). After Poland fell, there was a lull called the sitzkrieg or phony war with no major land offensives on either side. Many peace efforts were attempted, but I think given his station that pope's is probably the most notable.

--Vichy Peace and Alliance with Germany. A biggie (1942?) The creation of Vichy France lacked a lot of legitimacy, and half of contiential france was run by the Germans. It was a goal of Petain to get those territories back and secure a peace and alliance with the Germans. For Germanys part, doing this would almost certainly deal serious damage to the Free French.

--Pearl Harbor event? Never recalled one in HOI 1 CORE, but the Japanese should get a cool event that allows them to DOW the USA and sink half the USA navy.

--Some Event for the Soviet Union going to war with another country before Munich (or maybe before Danzig) that severely stimgatizes the Soviets, mabe o the point that the Axis and Allies put aside their disputes and focus on the Comintern first?

--A nation that uses an A bomb on another country creates a "Surrender or be Vaporized" event that could force a surrender or bitter peace for opposing countries.

--Nuremburg Trials. It would be an option to showcase the fallen Axis Leaders, discredit neutral Fascist nations and cause a dissent hit and a loss of relations, or not to have them and ignore the whole deal.

--Vote of No Confidence in the Winston Churchill Governent in 1942 if the war is not going well (this is a historical event!) Churchill could well be replaced in this event, and it might reduce dissent to do so.

--Stalin Dies (If Moscow falls to the Axis). Stalin had said that he would not flee Moscow, and I'd assume that he meant it. If he dies, the Soviet Union might collapse, sue for peace with the Axis, or maybe just replace him.

--Doolittle Raid. Although this raid did little damage to Japan, it was a major propaganda victory for the USA. A quick chance for the USA to spend a bomber squadron and cause a dissent hit against Japan.

I might think of more, but I think these would be fun to at least consider.

Blue Max said:
Here are a few I've been thinking about:

Let's see here...

Blue Max said:
--Sudentendland Crisis. What if UK had an option to offer an alliance to Czechloslovkia (heavy dissent hit for it, of course)

This is being worked on over at coremod.org. Some really good ideas about this floating around.

Blue Max said:
--A second Munich Agreement (two days after war with danzig). It was the intention of Hitler and Mussolini that Poland hand over Danzig without general war. Of course it didn't happen that way, but would it be worth mentioning?

Poland already sort of gets this in teh Danzig or War event chain. Not really sure if it's worth all that much to expand it.

Blue Max said:
--Pope Calls for Peace (during the phony war between France and Germany). After Poland fell, there was a lull called the sitzkrieg or phony war with no major land offensives on either side. Many peace efforts were attempted, but I think given his station that pope's is probably the most notable.

This would be flavor only I would think. There wasn't any chance of this effort actually succeeding, but could be used for some sort of minor effect for France, Italy, Iberia, and Latin America.

Blue Max said:
--Vichy Peace and Alliance with Germany. A biggie (1942?) The creation of Vichy France lacked a lot of legitimacy, and half of contiential france was run by the Germans. It was a goal of Petain to get those territories back and secure a peace and alliance with the Germans. For Germanys part, doing this would almost certainly deal serious damage to the Free French.

Already worked on. You'll just have to be patient for this one...

Blue Max said:
--Pearl Harbor event? Never recalled one in HOI 1 CORE, but the Japanese should get a cool event that allows them to DOW the USA and sink half the USA navy.

The vanilla event (HoI2) will get reviewed in turn. I doubt that it will involve the loss of units for the USA though.

Blue Max said:
--Some Event for the Soviet Union going to war with another country before Munich (or maybe before Danzig) that severely stimgatizes the Soviets, mabe o the point that the Axis and Allies put aside their disputes and focus on the Comintern first?

Well, there already is the Winter War with Finland. Other than that, I think we'll leave that up to player choice.

Blue Max said:
--A nation that uses an A bomb on another country creates a "Surrender or be Vaporized" event that could force a surrender or bitter peace for opposing countries.

Not really possible. As in HoI1, there is no trigger condition that allows for detecting the use of an A bomb. We can't even tell if any given province has been hit by an A-bomb. Best that could be done is check if a nation has the right tech, but that becomes too gamey.

Blue Max said:
--Nuremburg Trials. It would be an option to showcase the fallen Axis Leaders, discredit neutral Fascist nations and cause a dissent hit and a loss of relations, or not to have them and ignore the whole deal.

I highly doubt this one. It's too close to certain unmentionable things that will definitely not be included at any point.

Blue Max said:
--Vote of No Confidence in the Winston Churchill Governent in 1942 if the war is not going well (this is a historical event!) Churchill could well be replaced in this event, and it might reduce dissent to do so.

The problem here would be trigger conditions. If you can come up with reasonable, and scriptable conditions, I see no reason why this couldn't be included.

Blue Max said:
--Stalin Dies (If Moscow falls to the Axis). Stalin had said that he would not flee Moscow, and I'd assume that he meant it. If he dies, the Soviet Union might collapse, sue for peace with the Axis, or maybe just replace him.

The entirety of teh Eastern front will get reviewed, from German intentions to Stalin's responses, to any potential peace.

Blue Max said:
--Doolittle Raid. Although this raid did little damage to Japan, it was a major propaganda victory for the USA. A quick chance for the USA to spend a bomber squadron and cause a dissent hit against Japan.

General policy is not to script specific battles, or their outcomes. I think that Doolittle's raid falls into this category. Now to add to the reasons against this, there's no guarantee that the USA will have the appropriate bombers, or even if they do, they may be on the other side of teh world. Also, the trigger conditions would be difficult at best to script and have work right in game. Plus there's the actual in game effects, which in this case I would consider minimal.

Blue Max said:
I might think of more, but I think these would be fun to at least consider.

Keep 'em coming! The more the merrier as the saying goes...

JRaup said:
The problem here would be trigger conditions. If you can come up with reasonable, and scriptable conditions, I see no reason why this couldn't be included.

easy. You could just have a look if GB/the allies in general has lost x percent of its provinces as well as certain key provinces (Singapore, Hong Kong and Cairo for example) and have it trigger then. Easy.

JRaup said:
Let's see here...
Keep 'em coming! The more the merrier as the saying goes...

Okay, here are some more that I've thought about.

Chamberlain replaced by Halifax, (Alternative to Churchill), and takes itself out of the War with Germany! Historically Germany didn't want to fight the UK, and would likely be quite willing to accept the UK suing for white peace, and Halifax really would do something like that. Perhaps the UK leaves the Allies?

Belgium learns of German plans. (Shortly before Fall Gelb). Historically, Belgium captured two german soldiers with secret plans to attack their country. Nothing was done offically, but this need not be the case. If atteneded to, this should cause the Belgians to consider an Alliance with the Allies--and maybe wreck the Manstein plan...

Really liked the Lipski-Ribbentrop Event from HOI1 CORE, I hope its in this game in some form.

I really like the Stavka order #2 and #3 from the Barbarossa scenario. Can you replicate those events in CORE so that Germany gets a short-term massive advantage against the Soviets?

Shouldn't Germany have some claims on Denmark? It did on fully patched HOI. And I would wonder about the low countries and Germany, as a small bit of German territory went to them, (Town of malmedy and more, I believe), Is that enought for a claim on for the border provinces of the low countries?

Does anything happen if the Soviets get into Paris, like they get to build a puppet french nation if they get Paris before the allies? (bad times for the Allies, I'm sure). I'm pretty sure that if the Soviets got there first, they'd be happy to do exactly that.

If a democratic nation is at war and its dissent hits some percentage, should it sue for peace? This didn't happen historically in WWII, but think about Vietnam War--it really could happen if the leader of a nation is pretty dumb, and victory is not coming soon. :wacko:

I personally think that the League of Nations could have been used with much, MUCH greater effect to prevent WW2 than it was historically. Can there be a LoN intervention in certain things, like Italy invading Ethiopia resulting in the Suez Canal being closed? It need not be the footnote in hstory that it is.

More to come, I like coming up with these things. :)

Blue Max said:
Okay, here are some more that I've thought about.

Okidoki!

Blue Max said:
Chamberlain replaced by Halifax, (Alternative to Churchill), and takes itself out of the War with Germany! Historically Germany didn't want to fight the UK, and would likely be quite willing to accept the UK suing for white peace, and Halifax really would do something like that. Perhaps the UK leaves the Allies?

This is most likely will be part of an ahistorical chain, ex. Edward VIII stays on teh throne, and part of the German occupation of Britain. I don't really see it as an option if things are going historical.

Blue Max said:
Belgium learns of German plans. (Shortly before Fall Gelb). Historically, Belgium captured two german soldiers with secret plans to attack their country. Nothing was done offically, but this need not be the case. If atteneded to, this should cause the Belgians to consider an Alliance with the Allies--and maybe wreck the Manstein plan...

Timing here would be critical. If it happens too early, then Belgium becomes too difficult for the AI to handle. Too late and it's pointless. Plus, there is the actual issue of what effects it should have. Belgium already has an AI switch to prepare for war with Germany in January 1940 IIRC. May even be Sept 1939.

Blue Max said:
Really liked the Lipski-Ribbentrop Event from HOI1 CORE, I hope its in this game in some form.

Me too. MAde the Eastern Front much more interesting to play. The three options I believe will return, but the time consuming aspect here will be effects and the effects of the follow on events.

Blue Max said:
I really like the Stavka order #2 and #3 from the Barbarossa scenario. Can you replicate those events in CORE so that Germany gets a short-term massive advantage against the Soviets?

I'll take a look at them. There are a lot of events from the BSC's that merit a look for inclusion. Particularly the more focused ones.

Blue Max said:
Shouldn't Germany have some claims on Denmark? It did on fully patched HOI. And I would wonder about the low countries and Germany, as a small bit of German territory went to them, (Town of malmedy and more, I believe), Is that enought for a claim on for the border provinces of the low countries?

The situation of the Low Countries is being looked at, and we have a solution to some of the partisan issues that are more than a bit ahistorical. It won't involve any claims by Germany though. As for Denmark, IIRC, Germany got claims on teh Jutland penisula, but not the Danish Isles in teh Baltic. We may include that, but I'll defer to our resident Danes to settle that issue.

Blue Max said:
Does anything happen if the Soviets get into Paris, like they get to build a puppet french nation if they get Paris before the allies? (bad times for the Allies, I'm sure). I'm pretty sure that if the Soviets got there first, they'd be happy to do exactly that.

ATM, it's not fully fleshed out. But CORE will expound upon the what if of near total Soviet domination of Europe. We hope to get in some of the key conferences, and have choices based on whether or not to honor those agreements.

Blue Max said:
If a democratic nation is at war and its dissent hits some percentage, should it sue for peace? This didn't happen historically in WWII, but think about Vietnam War--it really could happen if the leader of a nation is pretty dumb, and victory is not coming soon. :wacko:

This is tough to base in reality. Even in the UK, dissent reached pretty high levels in mid 41, threatening Churchill's coalition government. The USA, even after Pearl Harbor, ran a consistent 5-8% opposition to the war. As we have no "war exhaustion" factor, like in Victoria, this really isn't very practical to implement. Dissent can come from a variety of sources, and is not always war related. Plus, as war actions (battles, prodction, etc) don't have an effect on dissent, this isn't a good variable to use. We could script events where if a nations loses x% of its provinces it surrenders. Then again, most are already in.

Blue Max said:
I personally think that the League of Nations could have been used with much, MUCH greater effect to prevent WW2 than it was historically. Can there be a LoN intervention in certain things, like Italy invading Ethiopia resulting in the Suez Canal being closed? It need not be the footnote in hstory that it is.

The LoN was pretty toothless when it came to this sort of thing. They did impose sanctions and an embargo against Italy for invading Ethiopia. Though, according to 1 quote, Italy only lost out on some tennis balls. everyone ignored the LoN, even those who voted for sanctions (UK, FRA). Even Haille Selaisse's impassioned plea before the Council went unresponded. Add to this teh rate at which nations either dropped out of the LoN, or were expelled (USSR for ex), and it becomes even more useless as an organization. Then you can add in all those nations that didn't join (USA). So no, I don;t think we'll be doing anything along these lines. Of course, things can and do change..

Blue Max said:
More to come, I like coming up with these things. :)

Now we just need to get you to learn the event code so you can do these yourself!

:D

JRaup said:
Okidoki!
Now we just need to get you to learn the event code so you can do these yourself!
:D

I'm no hero when it comes to these things. I may be a WWII junkie, but I'm sure that I am in the company of far greater people than myself-- I could well be talking with WW2 vets or History Professors here. Better just stick to coming up with ideas.

Speaking of which, heres a few more:

France Threatens War over the Rhineland (Another HOI CORE personal favorite) Don't think we need to discuss this too much, but I'd love to see it make a comeback.

Germany historically wanted all Germans to live in Germany (such was the justification for Munich). Should there be an option to put claims on Switzerland (the whole thing would be fair) and Italy (Bolzano, I think, is the square Austria wants from Italy because its largely German) to try to make good on this principle, and maybe those claims are canceled with future events (Germany eventually said in both cases that they were exceptions to the stated principle, but in this game that need not be the case)

Please, if you can, try to find something that can be done about the negotiating for peace with allied nations. I have put the UK at -100% warscore and it will not accept white peace. Same also goes for France. Maybe additional difficulty can be expected and deserved, but I still think that this is too far.

More Battle Scenarios please. :)

A lot of nations are lacking leader for appropriate factions, for example, Kurdistan and Algeria have NO LEADERS, and other nations, such as Soviet Puppeted Austria lack communist leaders. Shouldn't every nation have at least four sets of leaders? The only point to liberate those guys seems to be to get the dissent off your back and onto the next guys.

A victory celebration event for finishing off a major foe, (VE day, VJ day are the historical examples.), Maybe Germany gets such an event for finishing off the Soviets or the UK. Would knock down dissent quite a bit to have a victorious outcome in WW2.

A fourth reich event (this is largely true). To escape the clutches of the Allies for the Nuremburg Trials related offenses, many of the top German leadership fled to Argentina. Don't know the likelihood of it happening, but if Argentina is in the Axis when Germany is taken out, shouldn't they get some cool German Millitary leaders?

Historically, when nations ran out of manpower they simply found new people to serve in their ranks, they DIDN'T STOP MAKING ARMY DIVISIONS. The Soviet Union was conscripting women for "light duty" armed forces work, and the Germans at the end of the war were conscripting Hitler Youth and old men in their ranks. I think that if a major nation runs out of manpower, they would be faced with an event that would cause a major dissent hit (15-20%?) and create lots more manpower, or get no dissent and no manpower.

Kim Phillsby spying on the UK event, where the Soviets get free blueprints at the expense of the UK. This is also historical, and while Phillsby himself may only have compromised UK intelligence agencies, there is no doubt that the Soviet Union was stealing western technology DURING WWII, need only to consider the short time it took the Soviets to make an A bomb after the Americans.

1936 Soviet Constitution (also historical) This was pretty much just a piece of paper, don't know if it had much effect, but it might have given the Soviets some better relations or something.

Another tidbit I found, the USA (In 1942) actually created the anti-Brazilian letter that infuriated the president and caused him to Join the Allies. I think it would be fitting if the USA had the opportunity to do it again.

Three days, three rounds of suggestions. Hope no ones sick of me yet.