• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GeneralHannibal

JL Spokesman
7 Badges
Nov 29, 2005
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
First of all, I just wanted to post this now before I forget. My first idea is to turn Mexico into the Mexican Empire of the Hapsburgs (though supported by the French) and therefore an ally of the French (and it could have a European King).

More thoughts as well as a few questions will come soon.

First of all, can you reintroduce different ideologies (at least as a possibility later). Giving democracies special resistance to fascism (although making them much more hostile to the traditional autocratic powers) would make the game much more interesting. Especially if they started out different.

Just thinking, Mexico could have not suffered from the Mexican-American War or the Texan War of Independence. However, when the French intervention starts in the 1860's (or 50's, some dates can be changed) it results in the liberals and immigrants declaring independence in Texas and California (and Utah, which is more conservative but also more anti-Catholic, and therefore against the Mexican conservatives). France could fund the panama canal so the canal zone is French :cool:

The Confederacy would be in the French Sphere of Influence, as it is mostly ruled by the planter aristocracy. The RoA, Texas and California (at the beginning) are the main democratic powers on the planet (although there area few others) and are allies at the beginning (although this could change). The French Colonies, CSA and Mexican Empire form the autocratic or conservative faction in America, with the Indians dependent on a faction for support.

Will do more possible details on the South American situation later, but I'd like some comments Yukala. Clearly, these ideas would need polishing, but are they generally feasible. Or not.

Hi, thanks for posting!!

Some good ideas!

Have sent my signed contract in, am waiting in line with others...
:cool:

On other issues, I am setting up CMS programs for use both for this project and several others. The learning curve aside I have now three up and will have a secured place to work on-line. It will not be visable to search engines etc.

Though much has been done, I have never been a web-master before so progress is measured.

Kind Regards!
Yukala

Yukala said:
Hi, thanks for posting!!

Some good ideas!

Have sent my signed contract in, am waiting in line with others...

On other issues, I am setting up CMS programs for use both for this project and several others. The learning curve aside I have now three up and will have a secured place to work on-line. It will not be visable to search engines etc.

Though much has been done, I have never been a web-master before so progress is measured.

Kind Regards!
Yukala

Sounds cool.

Keep up the good Work!

Thanks...

I am now under contract or NDA, so will be working there, not here for a long spell.

The terms are strict regarding ANY public discussion, so do not expect any news what-so-ever.

Many thanks!!

Feel free to post your own ideas however, I will keep track of them.

Yukala said:
Thanks...

I am now under contract or NDA, so will be working there, not here for a long spell.

The terms are strict regarding ANY public discussion, so do not expect any news what-so-ever.

Many thanks!!

Feel free to post your own ideas however, I will keep track of them.

Just clarifying, but is it an NDA with Paradox? (I hope your allowed to say that)

Also, are you even allowed to discuss story ideas? Or their possible implementation and/or practicality? Or is it no for everything?

To add some more spice, Peru could/should be a Native American state, with its capital at Cuzco. Perhaps sort of friends with Japan? Gran Columbia is an unsteady oligarchic nation, ready to be toppled by either Liberal or Fascist revolutions.

Brazil is also Aristocratic, but a bit more stable. Aligned with France (as is Columbia), friendly towards Peru (no need to fight across jungle. Guyana is its puppet (maybe some territories in the Caribbean?). It is the strongest nation in South America; its main rival is Argentina.

Argentina is "progressive" (more authoritarian and leftist than liberal) and Brazil's main rival. It is sort of aligned with the RoA and European leftists but its far away from all of them. A bastion of anti-French activity.

GeneralHannibal said:
Just clarifying, but is it an NDA with Paradox? (I hope your allowed to say that)

Also, are you even allowed to discuss story ideas? Or their possible implementation and/or practicality? Or is it no for everything?

Yes, a NDA with Paradox.

Discuss story-line ideas yes, project status no.

It is like being in an alternate universe, where I can listen and you can discuss, however I am under a gag.

Yukala said:
Yes, a NDA with Paradox.

Discuss story-line ideas yes, project status no.

It is like being in an alternate universe, where I can listen and you can discuss, however I am under a gag.

So you can't answer this question:

"How likely/practical is it that you will be able to feature different ideologies that make a difference in playing style?"

I'm not asking how you would do it, but just if it is likely.

Also, are you allowed to say how your progress is doing (good, slow, fast, bad, nearly done, etc...) without giving details?

GeneralHannibal said:
So you can't answer this question:

"How likely/practical is it that you will be able to feature different ideologies that make a difference in playing style?"

I'm not asking how you would do it, but just if it is likely.

Also, are you allowed to say how your progress is doing (good, slow, fast, bad, nearly done, etc...) without giving details?

generally nope to questions,

...nope to progress, status, updates, long-shot possibilities, short shot possibilities... etc.

so by and large nope to clues, news or validity of possibilities...

:rolleyes:

Kind of like a 'gag' order...
:)

The only way to know what is going on is be on the other side of the fence.

Yukala said:
generally nope to questions,

...nope to progress, status, updates, long-shot possibilities, short shot possibilities... etc.

so by and large nope to clues, news or validity of possibilities...

:rolleyes:

Kind of like a 'gag' order...
:)

The only way to know what is going on is be on the other side of the fence.
I guess its a bit early for betaing... :eek:o

I'll just ask you this. Which would be most useful. A) continual regional flesh-outs as I've done so far, B) more details and more specific fleshouts, C) don't bother, or D) something specific (none of the above).

GeneralHannibal said:
I guess its a bit early for betaing... :eek:o

I'll just ask you this. Which would be most useful. A) continual regional flesh-outs as I've done so far, B) more details and more specific fleshouts, C) don't bother, or D) something specific (none of the above).

The more logical region wide story-lines tied to world.

Of course you can theme it with a handful of core countries and then flesh out the rest to match them.

Beta testing is bit off... as of yet.

How's progress? Sorry I haven't been around so much recently :(