• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hartmann

Kaiser v.G.G. (abdicated)
1 Badges
Oct 20, 2000
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV
Now, as Sapura has so kindly pointed out how to edit the scenario files to play a minor country, there are some questions arising:

1. If I delete from the (copy of the) eug-file all other major countries save the one I want to play (because I want them annexable), does this have any unwanted sideeffects concerning the behaviour and or stats of these countries, when computercontrolled?

2. Imagine, I replace France (FRA) with the Golden Horde (STE) the way Sapura has pointed out. Then (as long as I have not altered anything else) I will have for STE the following lines:

scenariotactics ='FRA_GC_HISTDESC'
countrytactics = 'FRA_GC_VPTACTIC'
picture = 'scenariosdataFRA1520.bmp'
missioncountry = 'FRA_GC_MISSDESC'
missiontactics = 'FRA_GC_MISSTACT'
countrydifficulty = 7
countryeconomy = 6
countrymilitary = 7
countrydiplomacy = 6
missiontype = 1
numcities = 26
numcolonies = 0
numtradingposts = 0
numgold = 500

Sapura told us, how to handle countrydifficulty, countryeconomy, countrymilitary, countrydiplomacy and numgold (simply the higher, the better from 1-7 for the first 4, numgold is selfexplaining).

3. Now how about

should I change these, too (as they look quite 'frenchy')? Do I have to replace the 'FRA'-strings here with 'STE' maybe? If not, do these 'frenchy' settings affect gameplay, when I choose to play the Golden Horde with these settings?

4. And lastly, what about these settings?

missiontype = 1
numcities = 26
numcolonies = 0
numtradingposts = 0

a) Do I have to change the missiontype (what is 'behind' the numbers here)?
b) Do I have to set the numcities to match the number of provinces the Golden Horde has at the start?
c) What effects has changing numcolonies and numtradingposts?

BIG thanx in advance to anyone, who will go through the labour of answering these questions! :)

Hartmann

[This message has been edited by Hartmann (edited 30-10-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Hartmann (edited 30-10-2000).]

Hi !
I think a small error has been introduced in the explanation somewhere. I shall try to help you out here.

If you change these you only change what texts shall be shown at game start. (History+strategy). And what picture shall be shown upper left.

countrydifficulty = 7
countryeconomy = 6
countrymilitary = 7
countrydiplomacy = 6

These ones only change what will be shown at game start. If you change it to 1 for all you'll get the text 'Very Hard' at game start, but it will not be very hard as you do not change anything in the inc.file.

missiontype = 1

This one I believe guides what type of missions you get. I don't now exactly how it works. Either you test a lot of countries and find out for yourself or you have to lobby Johan. He is probably the only man alive that really knows.

numcities = 26
numcolonies = 0
numtradingposts = 0
numgold = 500

Change these and you only change the text in the at start lobby. You can change Austria to numcities = 0 but you'll get 26 of em anyways.

To change things you have to do changes in the inc.-files that's where you change unit compositions, what provinces a country has at start its starting stability and much much more. However, be warned if you mess with it you can have problems. If you for example give Bavaria an extra province then you have to erase the same province for its former owner otherwise you get bugged down and the game crashes (lots of experience there my friend :))

Last, your questions.
a) Do I have to change the missiontype (what is 'behind' the numbers here)?

Nope!

b) Do I have to set the numcities to match the number of provinces the Golden Horde has at the start?

Could be good to know the correct numbers when you start the game, but technically you could have it say 0.

c) What effects has changing numcolonies and numtradingposts?

None whatsoever.

/Greven

[This message has been edited by Greven (edited 30-10-2000).]

Thousand thanx, Greven! :)

This explanation of Yours clarifies a lot! From what You wrote, I draw the conclusion that the info in the eug-file only affects

a) which countries can be chosen
b) what the start screen will show

So I draw the further conclusion, that erasing all the other powers (which I do not want to choose but annex) from the eug-file will not change their behavior within the game.
I will have to change the inc-files to change the other parameters. Now I hope, Johann will show mercy and explain to us what 'missiontype' means!

Many thanx again, Hartmann

[This message has been edited by Hartmann (edited 31-10-2000).]

Originally posted by Hartmann:
Thousand thanx, Greven! :)

This explanation of Yours clarifies a lot! From what You wrote, I draw the conclusion that the info in the eug-file only affects

a) which countries can be chosen
b) what the start screen will show

So I draw the further conclusion, that erasing all the other powers (which I do not want to choose but annex) from the eug-file will not change their behavior within the game.
I will have to change the inc-files to change the other parameters. Now I hope, Johann will show mercy and explain to us what 'missiontype' means!

Many thanx again, Hartmann

Yes, but if you take a playable nation away from the eug.file it will not be a major power anymore. Meaning that it will be a bit soft on you. :) From what I gather the difference is not very big, but there are at least some differences. Dunno which though!

/Greven

Greven wrote:

Yes, but if you take a playable nation away from the eug.file it will not be a major power anymore. Meaning that it will be a bit soft on you. From what I gather the difference is not very big, but there are at least some differences. Dunno which though!

Now that´s interesting! Does it mean that minors are less aggressive against major powers? (Then I simply would choose a higher AI aggresivity level.) Or does it by any chance mean, that major powers are more aggressive against the HUMAN player? (I hope not.) Maybe Johan could clarify this!?

Thanx, Hartmann