Some mod bugged my map generation (made it smaller every time no matter what), removing all mods doesnt fix.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

taosk8r

Recruit
May 29, 2023
Not sure what to do, it almost seems as if disabling mods isnt really working as intended somehow. I tested it extensively with all my mods disabled and even with large distance set, it wont generate maps with as many tiles needed for expansion victory as previously needed for normal distance (119 vs ~84 in unmodded saves before I started adding them). Super frustrating.

Only thing I can think to do is de and reinstall the game, but I have very very little faith that that will fix anything, and it is also a pretty big problem that I effectively cannot play with mods as IDK which one is permanently breaking my game's map generation (there was only one I had that had anything to do with realms, and the only modification it did was to increase the hero cap, and I checked with the author and he was pretty certain it couldnt impact map generation size).

Also, Im not just idly speculating, there was another post I saw somewhere that someone had a similar issue where removing a mod (and ofc starting a new game) didnt actually appear to completely work).