• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NothingLeft

Recruit
Mar 31, 2020
Hi guys, I bought this game shortly after it came out, and frankly, I found it underwhelming. I've recently pulled it out of the cupboard again, and I have to say I LOVE what you've done with the place. With that said, I've seen some things where I feel there is still room for improvement. Let's start with the worse issues I've encountered, and work our way down. Take into consideration that my experience has been on the PS4.
1. Game save mechanics may need better optimisation (I'm not pretending to be an expert on the subject. Remember, these comments are based purely on my experience). Auto save takes about 10 seconds, during which your game essentially pauses. My console has also crashed a few times already when manually saving.
2. When using a mouse on console, the mouse curser is invisible. I can see the different options highlighting, but I can't see the actual curser.
3. My console's cooling fan goes subsonic while in menu screens
4. Just to be clear, LOVE the addition of the tutorial. Wasn't a fan of crashing my way through the game to learn how to play the game. With that said, at the point during the colonists section where it asks you to select a building, there is no mention that you will have to select the dome first (basically, you have to push 'X' or 'A' twice). I initially believed zooming in past the dome would allow me to select the building directly. This could be better communicated. I also paused the game at that point recently, and the pause screen didn't come up for a few minutes.
5. I find that when in overview mode, moving between sections can be a little jumpy. That is to say, when I try to move over one square, I jump 2-3 spaces at times.
6. I can research the tech to UPGRADE the water vaporators far sooner (3 of 20) than I can research the tech to actually build them (19 of 20). I felt like I had to spend far too long importing them. Perhaps they should be the other way around.
7. This is simply a small aesthetic thing, but on start up, the mouse curser IS visible for a few seconds in the top left corner of the screen. If possible, could this be made invisible at the start, or reprogramed to start in the bottom right corner, out of sight?

I don't know if any or all of these topics have been raised already (I didn't see any), but I hope people agree and understand that by posting all of this, it will hopefully bring it all to the attention of Paradox. Thankyou.

Edit: I've since come to realise that the issue with the save screen mentioned in point 4 is in fact a stand alone bug. A few times now I've had issues getting certain UI's to come up (pause screen, research screen, etc.), although it does seem that I can still interact with what should be there, as I can hear the audio cues relative to my actions.
I've since researched how technology order works. It's even worse than I realised. It can be as soon as 1 (immediately available) for the upgrade for the vapes.

And another problem to add:
8. Certain menus refuse to open. Sometimes when using the RC transport, there's no option to select resources when selecting a path. Also, sometimes I pressing 'L1' does nothing, even after completely clearing back using the circle button (PS4), despite there being notifications. There may be others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0