• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aregodas

First Lieutenant
30 Badges
Jun 14, 2017
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
Hi guys. I'm a newcomer in Paradox's forum, solely for the purpose of CK2 (at least for the time being) and I have a few questions for you all in relation to this amazing looking mod. I'm quite sure you've probably answered this same topics several times, however I couldn't find them listed in the FAQ... and creating a new thread is faster than searching down the entire subforum.
1. Where DLCs are concerned; they are not necessary to play, but are they all compatible? Is there any list of which are compatible and which are not with the mod? Maybe a list of which DLCs work together and which not? That'd be interesting to have as I have all of them but 3.
2. Will there be, in the short term, a version compatible with the latest patch 3.2 Iron Century?
3. Probably the most important question. After taking a look at all the features of the mod I then proceeded to at least read all the pinned posts, the important stuff, before downloading it... and then I saw this one here: Back to the Drawing Board. It mentions the mod isn't at its best and that it will take a while to make it shine at is should... so I guess my question is, is it worth the while to try the mod out or is it too buggy at the moment? Should I just stick to the base game+DLCs and wait for the mod to be properly patched and updated... or it's still enjoyable?

Hi guys. I'm a newcomer in Paradox's forum, solely for the purpose of CK2 (at least for the time being) and I have a few questions for you all in relation to this amazing looking mod. I'm quite sure you've probably answered this same topics several times, however I couldn't find them listed in the FAQ... and creating a new thread is faster than searching down the entire subforum.
1. Where DLCs are concerned; they are not necessary to play, but are they all compatible? Is there any list of which are compatible and which are not with the mod? Maybe a list of which DLCs work together and which not? That'd be interesting to have as I have all of them but 3.
2. Will there be, in the short term, a version compatible with the latest patch 3.2 Iron Century?
3. Probably the most important question. After taking a look at all the features of the mod I then proceeded to at least read all the pinned posts, the important stuff, before downloading it... and then I saw this one here: Back to the Drawing Board. It mentions the mod isn't at its best and that it will take a while to make it shine at is should... so I guess my question is, is it worth the while to try the mod out or is it too buggy at the moment? Should I just stick to the base game+DLCs and wait for the mod to be properly patched and updated... or it's still enjoyable?
To the best of my knowledge (please correct me when I'm mistaken):
1-) Currently, all DLCs are compatible, but you may have to roll your game back to the last compatible patch (indicated in the download thread)
2-) As I understand from the "drawing board post", not in the short term. If you're interested in the timeline, make sure to download the submod that reworks the HRE (Rex Teutonicorum) and has some very interesting mechanincs for Otto's period (but without the vanilla events)
3-) I don't know how buggy the current version is. You could roll back to the patch and download the version before Holy Fury, which was working fine. The only thing you may miss are bloodlines and reformations. The mod had already had special crusader events, combat mechanics, saints and coronations before Holy Fury came out.

All dlcs should be compatible. whizzer came out with a patch for the latest version of ck2 that came out this week, so check that out if u wanna play with the current version now.

glitches still exist though, most notably the court bug which slows down the game drastically according to some people. 12 years in and my neighbor nomads all have 40-50 court size and the nomads in general are glitched since their vassals all hold nomadic government irrespective of barony

Doesnt the pope supposed to be theocracy, not holy order? I remember so... as in my game I dont know if i have done some mistake in console commanding(done a lot of it), or it is supposed to be so, but yeah, the pope is head of a holy order (and heir to papal knights), and he doesnt have the latin rites trait (as opposed to the byzantine patriarch who has greek rites). Is it supposed to be like this, or can i repair this somehow? tried abdicating titles and then giving it to a real theocratic bishop but it didnt help, as the bishop converted from theocracy to holy order..... Im trying to make the schism happen as fast as possible but this seems to slow down it or even halted the whole process.

As a sidenote, Im playing 3.2.0 with CK2Plus408beta6v321

Here's a pic of the Pope https://i.imgur.com/vzoqGXt.png

Edit: The only good thing here is that if i would like, i could continue the game as Pope, through console commanding.... but still i'd prefer continuing as normal :D

Edit2: Some how this Holy order Pope can still call crusades.. https://i.imgur.com/hajjZnK.png

Last edited: