• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FredLC

Recruit
Jan 22, 2022
Hi there.

Got Tyranny a while ago, and a few years back, made a playthrough without any issues on STEAM.

Recently got the game on an EPIC giveaway, and decided for a new playthrough, but I rapidly started getting issues on functionality.

First thing I noticed was that the cloud saving was broke. I tried to install on my desktop and laptop for seamless playing on both, but, instead, not only my recent save would not appear when I changed the device, but worse, frequently my most recent save would disappear. In the worst stance, I lost over 6 hours of progress. I also am sometimes logged out of my padradox account randomly.

Tried proceeding on steam, where I didn't experience those issues that time a few years back, but quickly found they were also there. It's just that I didn't have it the game on my weak laptop back then to trigger it.

Than I realized that new achievements were popping out only on the paradox account, but not on steam.

Than I got stuck on top of a spire because the teleporter would stay turned off. Saw online that it might be because I had two copied of the game running at once, and it might be the case, when I was migrating from EPIC to STEAM.

So, I decided to deal with it, and load an earlier save, despite a few more hours lost.

Now, today, I can't progress because the torchkeys I need to reach reef-talon didn't spawn. I'm looking on another couple of hours lost at least, and this time, I didn't even specifically figure out what to do and when to return to avoid the issue.

So the frustration was too much and I uninstalled. But now that I think of it, maybe the save file can be fixed, to activate the portal of the spire and give me the torchkeys. Is this still an option for a game this old?

Also, any advice on what might be happening with the cloud syncing of the savegames? That one is also rather baffling.

Thanks in advance, specially the paradox crew. If you guys say its possible, I'll upload my most recent save...

Regards.

Upvote 0
Soooo... no luck here as well, I guess.

Too bad, I wanted to finish that playthrough.

Maybe I could use console commands to get the torchkeys I need. You guys know how to do that?