• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zosete

Sergeant
56 Badges
Feb 8, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
I’m only in the tutorial, but I have some questions about basic combat mechanics that haven’t been explained and shouldn’t be locked even at this stage.

1. what’s the big red circle area that shows at the beginning? I’d tend to think it signals your group starting area, but it’s not centered around any character. Does it have any significant or real effect?

2. EoS paradox wiki states that you can fire a secondary weapon and then move. I assume this is wrong and firing any weapon ends completely the turn even if you just use 1 single AP.

Also, any site with reliable information about mechanics would be appreciated.
thanks

I’m only in the tutorial, but I have some questions about basic combat mechanics that haven’t been explained and shouldn’t be locked even at this stage.

1. what’s the big red circle area that shows at the beginning? I’d tend to think it signals your group starting area, but it’s not centered around any character. Does it have any significant or real effect?

2. EoS paradox wiki states that you can fire a secondary weapon and then move. I assume this is wrong and firing any weapon ends completely the turn even if you just use 1 single AP.

Also, any site with reliable information about mechanics would be appreciated.
thanks
1. The red circle probably relates to Maria's trigger-happy trait. At the start of combat she should automatically fire at any enemies within that circle.
2. When the game launched it was possible to fire a secondary weapon and then move but this has been changed so that firing a weapon will normally end the turn.

• 1Like
Reactions:
1. The red circle probably relates to Maria's trigger-happy trait. At the start of combat she should automatically fire at any enemies within that circle.
2. When the game launched it was possible to fire a secondary weapon and then move but this has been changed so that firing a weapon will normally end the turn.
Thanks a lot. That explains everything.
By the way, is there a way to check your passive talents somewhere while
In combat? For example, the one that grants you move after a kill. I get a notification when it happens and I have very few gangsters, so I usually remember. But so far, I’m not able to access the skill tree tab while on combat and I don’t see any indication (I’m playing on Xbox)