• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zsar1

Major
52 Badges
Dec 19, 2014
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • King Arthur II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
Before I create a bug report I'd like to ask whether anyone else has had similar observations.
So far...
  • Imperial APC does not use APC Mounted Cannon; if all other abilities are on cooldown, it moves away from enemies as if Disable[d] or similar.
  • Repair Drones do not Nanite Repair; they move away from enemies as if Disable[d] or similar, even if a damaged friendly unit is already in range of the ability.
This means that the under manual control quite good Imperial APC is a liability, as it necessitates manual combat far more than nominally worse hero equipment. Similarly hero mods, which deploy Repair Drones.
I have not checked whether the drones of Drone Carriers are also affected, but I'd expect them to be - there is only one Repair Drones unit after all.

... Can anyone confirm these or add other abilities with the same issue?

I noticed that teh AI tend to pritorize using support abilities over attacking on its ai programming. This helps the AI when units is simple and straightforward but royally screws the ai over when it have more than one support ability and they require thought to be used.

Aka if a priest have two abilities, attack and heal. THey will always spam heal until they cannot for some reason like cooldown or whatever then they switch to attacking that ensures the priest perform as intended. Completely fails when units become more complicated though :p

Just to make sure, these units were not low on hp and therefore "fleeing"? The threshold for this is around 10% hp if I'm not mistaken. But yes there are certain abilities that can end up going unused if they never end up at the top of the ai's priority chain.

Oh, that is a thing? I never noticed. But then again, for most units, 10 or even 20% health is a one shot kill, so it is probably rather hard to experience.
I am sure, the Repair Drones were at full health - the AI seems to be reluctant to attack them... rather sensibly, as long as they do not heal.
... Not quite as sure on the APC, but I think the three times I observed it, it was at almost full health (~80%).

When I record for the bug report, I will make sure to note their relative HP just in case, thank you for the heads-up.
Is there a list of AI behaviours somewhere? I tried to search the Wiki for "retreat" and "auto combat" to no avail.

additional note: if more than 60% of repair hp ( 60% of 30=18) is wasted then the drone will not use the ability which means it will only heal units that are damaged more than 12 hp