[SOLVED] Stuck on black screen cutscene after credit logos (Linux)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Slipening

Recruit
Jun 30, 2020
I can start the game via steam;
The HBS, Paradox, and Unity logos appear;
Then I get stuck on a black screen with no cursor; when I move the cursor, I see "PRESS [ESC] TO SKIP";
The game remains responsive, but the game stays on the cutscene with a black screen.

This is a similar issue to many other users as seen on this forum, but I can't find a solution for myself as I'm running the game on Linux.
GeForce GTX 660 graphics card
NVIDIA driver 440.82 - latest proprietary driver package on Arch Linux
AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor
12GB RAM

Even with searching Google and the forums, I can't find a solution. I also can't tell what's wrong from looking at my logs. I see OpenGL shader issues in Player.log, and other forum posts report A/V library issues, so that's where my attention is focused.

I have tried:
- Deleting Player.log
- Verifying game cache on steam
- Running via Proton 5.0.9 rather than natively (I had other issues via Proton, so let's get it running natively if possible)
- Full system update, and re-installing the Linux-native game
- Restarting the computer

I have not tried using the open-source Nouveau & Mesa drivers instead of Nvidia drivers because some of my games perform better with the Nvidia drivers.
Windows users have reported that renaming/deleting the *.dll library responsible for displaying cutscenes fixes the problem (at the expense of not seeing cutscenes). I can't find the Linux equivalent of this library.

EDIT - SOLUTION:
I needed to install the libbsd library manually.

Refer to the following posts for further information:
[CANNOT ADD URLS, GETTING FLAGGED AS SPAM]

Sure enough, I came across these posts previously, but failed to see the relation.

Attachments

• Player.log
    253,7 KB · Views: 0
  • output_log.txt
    11,5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0