[Solved] Peace deal can not release nation with core on provinces

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mruuh

Captain
73 Badges
May 24, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Magicka
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
In my game, Milan just annexed Trent, a HRE member OPM. As emperor, I obviously want them to release it again, but I cannot see the option available in the peace treaty dialog. Trent still has full core on their former province, so it shouldn't be a problem.

What's up with that? Why can't I demand release of Trent? Screenshots of the situation attached.

Attachments

• trent1.png
    trent1.png
    827,2 KB · Views: 0
  • trent2.png
    trent2.png
    1.013,5 KB · Views: 0
  • trent3.png
    trent3.png
    854,4 KB · Views: 0
Have you already submitted a bug report? You could also conquer the province then return it in the province screen (or release it as a vassal, and then cancel vassalage, but I would not recommend that).

If Milan just annexed Trent, why Milan dont have a core on the province ?! Did you occuped these province while Milan annexed it ? Did the annexation occurred this month ? Did Trent was at war with you when annexed ?
There is something wrong in your screenshots.

Is Trent a tag with a German primary culture? If so, they can't be released, as Trent is a Venetian-cultured province, and annexed tags can't be restored to provinces not of their culture group. This sort of thing applies to the Latin Crusaders, such as Athens, Epirus, the Knights, Naxos, and Cyprus; as they have non-greek primary cultures, they can't be restored once they've been annexed. Although funnily enough Achaea can be restored even though, as a Latin Crusader-state, it should have a Latin primary culture and thus shouldn't be allowed to.

Reactions:
Why can't I demand release of Trent?
as @Styria pointed out it is because of the culture of the province. You can see in the first screenshot that the core expires after 50 years. That means that the province is in a different culture group as the primary culture of Trent. Trent starts the game with Austrian as their primary culture

Although funnily enough Achaea can be restored even though, as a Latin Crusader-state, it should have a Latin primary culture and thus shouldn't be allowed to.
Achaea has greek as their primary culture in their history file from 1432 onward. That's why they can be released.

Yes, I attacked Milan maybe a day or two after they annexed Trent, hence no milanese core.

Thanks guys for the bit about incorrect culture - I think I saw this rule mentioned somewhere already in the past, but somehow I did not have it internalized, so it did not occur to me. :)

I guess I will keep that province for myself after taking it (I'm definitely not letting Milan have it), or sell it to Austria or something.

Actually, another option presented itself - the "Return province" button, which I used to just release Trent without vassalage, at the cost of just 10 prestige. Although doing it like this barely removed any AE I got by taking the province, so it's not a perfect solution.

All is well that ends well, I guess. :)

trent4.png

Achaea has greek as their primary culture in their history file from 1432 onward. That's why they can be released.

Yes, but it's an example of an inconsistent rule. Achaea is a Latin Crusader-state with Greek as its primary culture, which means it can get battered out of Byzantium or the Ottomans, while other Latin Crusader-states don't get that option if they get eaten or integrated.

Reactions:
Yes, but it's an example of an inconsistent rule. Achaea is a Latin Crusader-state with Greek as its primary culture, which means it can get battered out of Byzantium or the Ottomans, while other Latin Crusader-states don't get that option if they get eaten or integrated.
I don't think that Achaea is supposed to be a "Latin Crusader-state" in eu4 after 1432. The line in Achaea's history file which changes the culture to greek and the religion to orthodox is followed by the comment "1432, Despotate of Morea". According to wikipedia , "Despotate of the Morea" was the name of the byzantine province which became independent after the fall of Constantinople.

I don't think that Achaea is supposed to be a "Latin Crusader-state" in eu4 after 1432. The line in Achaea's history file which changes the culture to greek and the religion to orthodox is followed by the comment "1432, Despotate of Morea". According to wikipedia , "Despotate of the Morea" was the name of the byzantine province which became independent after the fall of Constantinople.
Morea was already semi independent in 1444, so some would prefer it to be independent along with having hexamillion wall be buffed. There's already a morea tag iirc so aachea should be Latin crusader and get the mission tree

The Principality of Achaea was a Latin Crusader-state, established in 1205 by William of Champlitte, a Frankish knight, after the division of the Byzantine Empire following the Sack of Constantinople in 1204. The last Prince was installed by Laudislaus the Magnanimous of Naples in 1404, one Centurione II Zaccaria, a scion of a Genovese merchant family.

The Despotate of the Morea was established by Byzantine Emperor John VI Kantakouzenos in 1359 from territory seized from Achaea by Michael VIII Palaiologos in 1259. The Despotate eventually put the Principality of Achaea out of its misery in 1430, when Thomas and Constantine Palaiologos conquered most of the remainder. Centurione married his daughter Catherine to Thomas as a result, and when Centurione died in 1432 the last smidges passed to the Despotate of the Morea.

So it was conquered and/or integrated, at least going by game mechanics. But it was a Latin Crusader-state, and as such the same rules that apply to Athens and Epirus should apply the Achaea. Or vice versa, if we give the Crusader-States greek as a primary culture, since rulers can now have their own separate cultures and religions. I just think the rules ought to be applied evenly for all the Latin Crusader-states, and I feel like we should be able to knock them out of the Ottomans.

Reactions: