[SOLVED] Majesty 2 Collection problem, mouse wont work

• Crusader Kings II Expansion Subscription

Subscribe to the CK II Expansion and enjoy unlimited access to 13 major expansions and more!

• Paradox Space Exploration Sale has arrived! Up to 75% off

How's the space on your hard drive? Paradox wants to challenge your galaxy brain with a great selection of space exploration games - and they're all on sale for some very down-to-earth prices! The sale runs from May 4th until May 10th at 17:00 CEST / 08:00 PDT.

May 4th - May 10th
  • Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

unmerged(410712)

Corporal
1 Badges
Nov 14, 2011
  • Majesty 2 Collection
I received my game by mail but it installed trough steam, when I tried to play, the mouse simply woudnt work, I have windows 7 home premium with a microsoft 6000 lazer mouse. any idea? I'm eager to play this collection.

Richard

Hapuga

Major
8 Badges
Jan 14, 2010
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Age of Wonders III
Try to register your game here on Paradox, I think there was a section on that in support thread. They had a solution.

unmerged(410712)

Corporal
1 Badges
Nov 14, 2011
  • Majesty 2 Collection
I try to enter the activation key but it let me enter only 9 keys and thats all while they is 15 digits on the dvd, any idea?

Hapuga

Major
8 Badges
Jan 14, 2010
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Age of Wonders III
Decided to save you some time and looked for solutions :)

Here's what one guy wrote:

I don't know if anyone else is still having this problem but I found a fix for the cursor problem, at least it fixed my problem. In Windows 7 I had the ability to set my desktop resolution to 150% so that all the writing is not so small. I read in another game's forum that this was the cause of my problem. As soon as I set it back to 100%, everything was fine. Hopefully this helps everyone's cursor problem.

Here is another solution that works 100%

Just run the game in windowed mode. Select "windowed" in Options

Hope this helps.

unmerged(410712)

Corporal
1 Badges
Nov 14, 2011
  • Majesty 2 Collection
thanks for trying to help, I appreciate a lot. the problem is still present, I tried to put the text to 100%, that's didnt work. then for the windowed mode in the options menu, I simply cant move and click on the windowed window, a simple click and I cant do it, I tried with arrows and everything on the keyboard to move in the options menu but nothing work. Any more help?

unmerged(410712)

Corporal
1 Badges
Nov 14, 2011
  • Majesty 2 Collection
I've finally registered my game from the steam key they gave me. I cant move the mouse at all and the arrow keys only let me quit the game, that's all, where can I explain my trouble? I was really eager to play this game, oh well :/

unmerged(410712)

Corporal
1 Badges
Nov 14, 2011
  • Majesty 2 Collection
where I can d/l the patch for majesty 2? maybe it will make my mouse to work enough so I can reach the windowed icon in the options menu, thanks as usual.

Hapuga

Major
8 Badges
Jan 14, 2010
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Age of Wonders III
I would suggest to sticky this thread and change the name to SOLVED so people who come here would know how to solve it.

Gutzzu

Corporal
5 Badges
Jul 27, 2016
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Age of Wonders III
THis is the solution to the problem

Go to the Folder of the game Select the Majesty2 Folder Right Click/Properties/Compatibility/Run As:Win 8