• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tiberius1st

Recruit
47 Badges
Jan 20, 2019
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II
Hi,

when I open the ingame browser I just see a blank green window and the buttons but no content (no mods running). I triple-checked my firewall if it is blocking the game, but it is not (I can see MP games). The problem isn't new for me but it hasn't bugged me that much, but maybe someone has a hint for me?

Reactions:
Is the Steam Overlay enabled for this game?

Can you do a test install of this game on some other machine on that site, to see if it is a problem there too? And/or connect via a VPN or a mobile phone there, as a test?

Sorry, but that is beyond my possibilities. I only have one gaming pc and I don't use VPN. Can I guess you're suspecting a problem with something blocking the traffic of the browser? Is the browser another application as stellaris.exe?

It uses cefprocess.exe , which is an instance of Chrome. You should see that in Task Manager. Make sure it too is allowed through all your firewalls.

So while this is marked as resolved I must apologies for necroing it. At the moment I cannot view my Achivement page in the ingame proser becuase of this issue. I have tried to white list the cefprocess.exe program but it did not fix the issue of just an empty green box. Whats more in general the in game browser is not well on my eld as the mouse buttons don't seem to work and keyboard commands like cut and past don't work either. I wonder if these are related issues.

I have tried to white list the cefprocess.exe program but it did not fix the issue of just an empty green box.
This was in your Windows firewall? Which one do you use in there?

This was in your Windows firewall? Which one do you use in there?
It was not in the fire wall, I had to manually add it to the fire wall. as for wich one while ther where three version running in the back ground according to task manager all of them where tied to the one .exe fire. so I white listed the .exe program.

Assuming you use the default Windows Defender firewall, you need to add them to both the Public and Private exception lists there.

If some other one, it will have a similar feature I'd assume.

I just double checked. And the program is white listed for both public and private networks. :-(
That includes stellaris.exe and cefprocess.exe?

Last edited:
That includes stellaris.exe and cefproces.exe?
Both of those .exe's are white listed currently. Thinking on it I wonder if the issue I am having is a side effect of another issue. While I can open and use the in game web browser. Other then moving the mouse curser around non o my mouse functions or keyboard short cuts work either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I have no idea what is causing this to you. Has it always happened since you've had this game? Or it was okay up to some point?

Can you test it on another machine in this same network? OR this machine on another network (ie moved elsewhere, or connected to the internet via a VPN or mobile hotspot)?

Then I have no idea what is causing this to you. Has it always happened since you've had this game? Or it was okay up to some point?

Can you test it on another machine in this same network? OR this machine on another network (ie moved elsewhere, or connected to the internet via a VPN or mobile hotspot)?
The issue with the mouse clicking and keyboard short custs not working has alwasy been a thing for me. And while that has always made looking at achievements a chore in the past this this the first time that they simply did not appear. As for trying on another matchine, Im afraind thats not an option currently for me. My ip is not static, and its not a huge deal so ill jsut hold tight and try again in a week or two. unless something else comes up.