(Solved) how do I get my custom hair mesh to replace the default one?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Duditsfireguy

Second Lieutenant
12 Badges
Apr 5, 2018
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
I edit the .mesh in blender and overrwrite the original in a mod folder. but it doesn't show up ingame the default hairstyle is still shown. I know the mod is working correctly because other assets are showing up. Also how do I edit the .dds files to reflect the changes I've made to the hair or is there a way to create new dds files based off the hair i've created? Edit:for those wondering you’ll need to open the uv editing tab in blender

Last edited:
I edit the .mesh in blender and overrwrite the original in a mod folder. but it doesn't show up ingame the default hairstyle is still shown. I know the mod is working correctly because other assets are showing up. Also how do I edit the .dds files to reflect the changes I've made to the hair or is there a way to create new dds files based off the hair i've created? Edit:for those wondering you’ll need to open the uv editing tab in blender
When I opened it for the first time, it gave an error, I turned the steam off and on, I entered, the character's hair looked messy, and finally I will format it and load it again.