• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I’ve long enjoyed adding Twitter into the mix with BattleTech/BATTLETECH gaming:
0C9E28D9-17B0-4B38-8E02-A5D54295954F.jpeg

With such a quick turn around needed for some visual support to Sol’s Star BATSUM’s I just couldn’t wait to round out Sol’s Star with my purchase of Catalyst CLAN INVASION Inner Sphere Lance Packs (Hunchback) and already Kickstarted Hero Lance (Marauder.)

Luckily I had my original 2nd Edition, 1985 BattleTech Boxed Set and the... IIRC 1987 CityTech Boxed Set. Together, they give me both the Smoke Jaguar Mechs and Second Sword of Light Vehicles (with a little photocopying!) needed to stage some BATSUM 1 and 2 shots like the one included in the above Tweet.

I am not quite sure in which direction I am going to go with the Twitter Account for “Sol’s Star” but likely I will use it along the lines of how Strix ran a Tumblr blog/journal for her character in Mitch’s Death from Above Live-streams on HyperRPG. Sort of an internal counter-point to some of the themes I touch upon in the FanFICTION.

I think it would be interesting to give Sol’s Chief MechTech a voice... but ONLY in the tweets posted from the “Sol’s Star” Twitter Account. It will be his inner monologue and mutterings while working on Sol, while putting Sol back together and while cleansing Sol of its former occupant (#aBattleTechTHING) that might give Sol some measure of Vitality and Purpose all its own.

BATSUM #3 is shaping up thanks to the advice and assistance I received above... but in similar fashion to how I released BATSUMs 1 and 2 simultaneously, I like the flow of a simultaneous release of BATSUMs 3 and 4. So I intend to release both 3 and 4 simultaneously.

More Tweets and BATSUMs to follow in the days and weeks ahead...

Last edited:
One of many interrupted efforts over this past year-plus were my efforts here. Stories, a Forum, a Twitter feed, a computer game, miniatures… there is so much Mech Goodness here, and so many possibilities. Reshape this effort and moving forward, will take some thought, planning and more time than there ever seems available. :)

One possible idea is to craft a 10-part BATSUM that tells the story of a Star on Star Trail from the PoVs of each MechWarrior. Some die, others are maimed. Some fall unconscious, others flee… everyone/no one is victorious.

Another idea is to follow up on the MechTech Twitter musings, that would take place between BATSUM 2 and 3.

Also there is the possibility of airbrushing Sol’s Star and various opponents to add some depth of visualization to this process.

More to follow… at some point. : )

Until then, have great days and ever better tomorrows. :bow:

I think we should be tolerant of interrupted efforts, even without global pandemics. Especially our own.

Reactions:
I think we should be tolerant of interrupted efforts, even without global pandemics. Especially our own.

Me, during last month: "I swear there was something I should be thinking about while writing this novella for no real reason... oh. OH.... oh...."

• 2Like
Reactions:
849239BD-0B51-4167-917B-F2E7A1F1DB85.jpeg

~ above, there are #shoutouts to many, all across our Team HBS and Paradox communities

~ @Kereminde, @HBS_Dagger (her lesser half @HBS_LordCommander), @Dnote @Zoft @Besuchov @JohannaUF; but also Alien, Star Trek, Star Wars, Apple, Catalyst Game Labs, etc and even multiple #reallife #MarksofDistinction

I did release this in Instagram and linked multimedia streams (https://www.instagram.com/p/CVKYO6OlC2g/?utm_medium=copy_link) but to best protect our very own @Kereminde, Instagram chose (and I concurred) to crop out the most important of Units portrayed here, my very own Priam Company, Sagittarius Lance velcro patch… my friend, might I include Priam Lance in my next installment of this thread’s Sol’s Star fanFiction? I promise to provide you Right of First Refusal when it comes to my end of the story (to those other than Kereminde and thus unfamiliar with that term, it has nothing to do with Clan Zelbrigin… well, seeing as how I am a Clan-gamer, I guess my friend @Kereminde, it does have a Clan-implication if not necessarily a form of Clan Challenge…)

I just got an idea… how about we chain write this fanFiction, I’ll stage-set the first of four chapters. I’ll then email you the copy, you pick up from there AND TAKE THE STORY WHEREVER YOU WANT.

And then just like a BATTLETECH Mech Draft tournament (see forum thread on Ragnorak, Tournament of Champions) we pass the script back and forth between us as Sol and Priam… COME TO GRIPS with one another.
Under this format, you Good Sir would have the responsibility to write the last chapter and finish the Big and Stompy Storytelling. Given the unique nature of Sol, as long as his hulk remains… semi-viable, I am happy. :bow:

Well bargained, friend @Kereminde?

Last edited:
Sol.

Sol is finally putting in a true and proper-fit appearance…

120AEF8F-AAB4-4F9E-92C8-BECEF0FB3492.jpeg

The rest of Sol’s Star will follow, I just need to source all but the Catapult in CGL resin.

@Kereminde, I cheated and am having these done up by ,y newest friend down at my local gaming and comics store: https://www.facebook.com/alchemistscove/ (ask for their Minies Paint Service, it is just a fledgling service as of yet, but with results like Sol and soon my Leviathan Heavy Cruiser, IJAS Yojimbo (@HBS_HighCommand and @HBS_Dagger, my latest tribute to a possible BATTLETECH: AEROTECH expansion. :bow: )

MOAR pics of Sol and Yojimbo to follow…

Hey @Kereminde , @stjobe and @Timaeus, do any of you have some Death From Above, Mason Garrilac Yojimbo Art available… I know I do not.

Hey @Kereminde , @stjobe and @Timaeus, do any of you have some Death From Above, Mason Garrilac Yojimbo Art available… I know I do not.

I don't think I had any actual DFA art saved anywhere... unfortunate!

… my friend, might I include Priam Lance in my next installment of this thread’s Sol’s Star fanFiction? I promise to provide you Right of First Refusal when it comes to my end of the story (to those other than Kereminde and thus unfamiliar with that term, it has nothing to do with Clan Zelbrigin… well, seeing as how I am a Clan-gamer, I guess my friend @Kereminde, it does have a Clan-implication if not necessarily a form of Clan Challenge…)

I just got an idea… how about we chain write this fanFiction, I’ll stage-set the first of four chapters. I’ll then email you the copy, you pick up from there AND TAKE THE STORY WHEREVER YOU WANT.

And then just like a BATTLETECH Mech Draft tournament (see forum thread on Ragnorak, Tournament of Champions) we pass the script back and forth between us as Sol and Priam… COME TO GRIPS with one another.
Under this format, you Good Sir would have the responsibility to write the last chapter and finish the Big and Stompy Storytelling. Given the unique nature of Sol, as long as his hulk remains… semi-viable, I am happy. :bow:

Well bargained, friend @Kereminde?

The first question is, what timeframe is this taking part in? Because currently... Priam Company has a questionable future. I have yet to finish the campaign on tabletop (a number of major reasons RL side but a big one is five letters and two digits disrupting everything) ... and with their operating base still technically on Twycross it's VERY uncertain what happened to them after... oh... June of 3050. I know by that time they technically could have had hardware enough to take on a Galaxy... but no idea of which characters survive to reach that date AND who would walk away. (If you know anything about Twycross and which Clan invades there...)

The second question being, of course, just what is it you were needing a lance out of Priam Company for? :)

• 1Like
Reactions:

The first question is, what timeframe is this taking part in? Because currently... Priam Company has a questionable future. I have yet to finish the campaign on tabletop (a number of major reasons RL side but a big one is five letters and two digits disrupting everything) ... and with their operating base still technically on Twycross it's VERY uncertain what happened to them after... oh... June of 3050. I know by that time they technically could have had hardware enough to take on a Galaxy... but no idea of which characters survive to reach that date AND who would walk away. (If you know anything about Twycross and which Clan invades there...)

The second question being, of course, just what is it you were needing a lance out of Priam Company for? :)
The Yojimbo…
83FC3D75-BD00-4E7E-BE7E-7F48BBAF21AF.jpeg

Ah… I had not realized how central the timeline was to your creative process. Then please disregard much of the above message.

As to why it was needed, Sol’s Star is composed of captured Isorla (Mechs and Drivers). At any one time, there may be 3 to 5 of the Star on Active Rolls for their Clan Smoke Jaguar Category-3 Main Battle Line Unit. (Marauder, Sol, pictured below; Catapublt, Griffin and paired Hunchbacks.

I had thought a fight between such forces might be fun and exceptionally good storycrafting. : )

A friend at my local hobby, gaming and comics shoo did this and others up for me…
A1535A7F-194F-498C-A86D-399EAE6CC2D3.jpeg

The latest incarnation of Sol’s Star is here…

For the upcoming, limited run of Clan Smoke Jaguar Battle Summaries, Sol’s Star has seen the addition of three True-born replacement MechWarriors.

True-born in a Solahma Star is nothing new. Disgraced, Injured, Old or some combination of these less-than-ideal attributes have often seen True-born relegated to a third-tier Clan Unit, like Sol’s Star, one of many such Solahma Stars in Clan Smoke Jaguars Rear Area Security Command.

However, in a break with tradition, the three newcomers to Sol’s Star were permitted to bring their personal OMNIMECHS from their previous Command, with them. This turn of events enhanced the capabilities of Sol’s Star dramatically past any previous collection of Inner Sphere Isorla BattleMechs. This also gave Sol’s MechWarrior a chance to put the Star’s Griffin-1S and pair of Hunchback-4G’s into deep-maintence.

The arrival and start of decanting is captured in a rare exclusive photo…
52429921-9C09-4284-B588-006FED7098B4.jpeg

While I will have some shots of Sol’s Lance later in the week… I have a Capstone Paper due in 3-weeks, a CONEP due for my position as Planning Commissioner for the Borough of Shenandoah PA and a Night of Tricking snd Treating to enjoy, all in the all to present, future.

So while my narrative outline, key deliverables and story-boarding / choreography of miniatures are all… percolating so to speak, there won’t be even the chance of a Battle Summary (BATSUM) until December.

With Halloween almost upon us, I’ll just offer these two thoughts…

Volunteer. Whether it be of your time or of your wallet, Volunteer.

B8EF9B58-B939-4D93-B1B6-295E07F06D79.jpeg

And of course, the Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything!

DFB35119-2EA1-4495-9F0C-422C26708730.jpeg

Ah… I had not realized how central the timeline was to your creative process. Then please disregard much of the above message.

As to why it was needed, Sol’s Star is composed of captured Isorla (Mechs and Drivers). At any one time, there may be 3 to 5 of the Star on Active Rolls for their Clan Smoke Jaguar Category-3 Main Battle Line Unit. (Marauder, Sol, pictured below; Catapublt, Griffin and paired Hunchbacks.

I had thought a fight between such forces might be fun and exceptionally good storycrafting. : )

Depends on whether I'm allowed to use the current Sagittarius Lance, the Pegasus Lance, or Xiphos Lance. And how to barter up pilot skills.

I had, at some point, built up a mock lineup for the defense of Trellshire Heavy Industries on Twycross during the Invasion. I had not figured in pilot skills, because one of the things which was going to happen was me rolling to see how far skills degraded over time. (Because I wound up way over-rewarding on points.) I expect six people to still be around, and their 'Mechs.

- Olivia Garrido and her WHM-6R Warhammer.
- Kelly Sedda and her WLF-1 Wolfhound.
- Simone de Lagrande and her VLK-QA Valkyrie.
- Casey Whiting and her GRF-1N Griffin.
- Otto Greene and his GLT-4P Guillotine.
- Calvin Schrade and his BLK-7-KNT Black Knight,

I know Olivia is likely to survive because she's slated for some other writer to kill off. Kelly is too stubborn to die, Otto isn't lucky enough to die before the Clans roll in... Simone and Casey deserve one last hurrah, and Calvin just has the name I like the most :) Of course, this is still around 3050, so later than that and who knows what salvage they might have scored.

But I am pretty sure Priam Company would not survive the FedCom Civil War AND the Jihad.

(... The 'Darkmoon Guard' on the other hand, are all too happy to sit around Coromodir and be paid well to babysit some rumored LosTech DropShip which can't drop. :) )

And seriously, the two absolute survivors are going to be Olivia and Kelly. I'm sure six months is all it'll take for the Clans to declare them both 'dezgra for life' after Kelly shows off her knife tricks as a Bondsman.

Depends on whether I'm allowed to use the current Sagittarius Lance, the Pegasus Lance, or Xiphos Lance. And how to barter up pilot skills.

I had, at some point, built up a mock lineup for the defense of Trellshire Heavy Industries on Twycross during the Invasion. I had not figured in pilot skills, because one of the things which was going to happen was me rolling to see how far skills degraded over time. (Because I wound up way over-rewarding on points.) I expect six people to still be around, and their 'Mechs.

- Olivia Garrido and her WHM-6R Warhammer.
- Kelly Sedda and her WLF-1 Wolfhound.
- Simone de Lagrande and her VLK-QA Valkyrie.
- Casey Whiting and her GRF-1N Griffin.
- Otto Greene and his GLT-4P Guillotine.
- Calvin Schrade and his BLK-7-KNT Black Knight,

I know Olivia is likely to survive because she's slated for some other writer to kill off. Kelly is too stubborn to die, Otto isn't lucky enough to die before the Clans roll in... Simone and Casey deserve one last hurrah, and Calvin just has the name I like the most :) Of course, this is still around 3050, so later than that and who knows what salvage they might have scored.

But I am pretty sure Priam Company would not survive the FedCom Civil War AND the Jihad.

(... The 'Darkmoon Guard' on the other hand, are all too happy to sit around Coromodir and be paid well to babysit some rumored LosTech DropShip which can't drop. :) )

And seriously, the two absolute survivors are going to be Olivia and Kelly. I'm sure six months is all it'll take for the Clans to declare them both 'dezgra for life' after Kelly shows off her knife tricks as a Bondsman.
This is a follow-up to the PM I sent a short while ago…

You can use whatever combination of Lances needed to have a bit of edge over:

@Kereminde has gone ahead and done the heavy lifting needed to craft the following. As I shared with him already, this breakdown is as professional and as authoritative as any I’ve seen from FASA or even CGL. Thank yo pu @Kereminde! :bow:

Now I get to assemble my Catalyst Minies, my FASA Minies and my FASA Cardboards! : )

ACT ONE - Sol’s Star Perspective, Not just another Mission…
—————————————————————————————

“So far the random forces for the first engagement with Local Forces, prior to retaliation / counterattack form Priam Company.

# Aggressors (First Battle) - Sol's Star - Clan Smoke Jaguar
Clan 'MechWarrior: (Sol, Commanding Officer) - MAD-3R Marauder
Clan 'MechWarrior: (Executive Officer)- CPLT-C1 Catapult
Pureblood 'MechWarrior:- Dire Wolf Prime
Pureblood 'MechWarrior:- Mad Dog Prime
Pureblood 'MechWarrior:- Timber Wolf Prime

# Defenders (First Battle) - Twycross TMM and THI Security

Twycross TMM 'Mech Lance - CN9-AL (3/4; Force Commander), PHX-1 Phoenix Hawk (3/4), FS9-H Firestarter (4/5), GRF-1S Griffin (4/6)
Twycross TMM Vehicle Support Alpha - Rommel (3/4), Vedette (3/4), Pegasus (4/6), Saladin (4/6)
Twycross TMM Vehicle Support Beta - Rommel (4/5), Vedette (3/4), Goblin (4/5), SRM Carrier (4/5)
THI Security 'Mech Lance - ARC-2S Archer (4/5; Watch Captain), OTL-4D Ostroc (4/6), RFL-3N Rifleman (4/5), COM-3A Commando (4/6)
THI Security Motor Pool - Vedette (4/5), Maxim (5/6), Savannah Master (4/6), Savannah Master (5/6)

Suggested Additional Rules
- Add THI Facility Complexes on the far side from the Aggressor's home edge. Three Level 3 buildings (Factory Facilities), one Level 2 building (Administrative Complex), four level 1 buildings (Parts Storage) Place no building more than three hexes from another building.
- Setup THI Security units within one hex of any THI facility complex or security unit. They receive no activations on the first turn.
- Twycross TMM must setup between the THI Facility and Aggressors' entering edge.
- Forced Withdrawal is in effect for all defending units. If escape is impossible within one turn, they surrender where they are. THI Security units are permitted to use Factory Facilities (Level 3 buildings) to escape to.
- THI Security suffers from bad morale. When any 'Mech is taken out of combat, roll piloting check with a +3 modifier to the Target Number. If they fail, treat as reaching Forced Withdrawal.
- Clan units are expected to obey zellbrigen for the engagement. Each Clan 'MechWarrior designates one target within line of sight not already claimed by another Star member. Changing targets is only permitted once the previous target has been neutralized. Zellbrigen will be suspended once any defender chooses to fire on a unit already occupied with a different target.

Victory Conditions
Sol's Star:
- Standard victory if over 50% of the defending units have been neutralized.
- Overwhelming victory if all opposing 'Mechs are destroyed.
- "Pyhrric Victory" if unit losses exceed 50% of the Star, in addition to either victory condition.
Defenders:
- Standard victory if 100% of the Aggressors forced to withdraw.
- Overwhelming victory if all enemy units are neutralized.
- "Pyhrric Victory" if THI Security is neutralized, in addition to either victory condition.

Campaign Conditions
Prior to the next mission, Sol's Star receives no repairs, only rearming ammunition and zeroing the heat scale.”

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
@Kereminde has gone ahead and done the heavy lifting needed to craft the following. As I shared with him already, this breakdown is as professional and as authoritative as any I’ve seen from FASA or even CGL. Thank yo pu @Kereminde! :bow:

A lot of this is because I was doing my own BatReps on the old HBS forum, now on WorldAnvil... so I had a "method" and "system" for myself. (One such BatRep is [here] for anyone interested.) The format is generally me treating it as I would a "lab report" I would submit to college courses. Be concise, make it easy to read for the data which is important, and leave enough in the report so it can be replicated if needed.

The only thing missing are the skill levels of the Aggressors. Prussian has that data himself, but I figure 3/4 is a baseline.

Once I get a little further in, I can start laying more foundations.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The JAGUAR PRIDE, a Black Lion-class SLDF-Legacy Battlecruiser will be on my AEROTECH Map.

For ACT ONE, I’ll actually “fight” my way in-system to Twycross via the new CGL AEROTECH rules, but using the old map and counters for Lyran Forces. I say “fight” but odds are when I roll moral check, the Lyran Commander may decide, “Discretion is the better part of Lyran-Valor.” and jump out of system with whatever he can from the Nadir Jump Point.

Between my #SoldByThePOUND IWM minies here and cardboard set, I should be able to cover down effectively enough on all Vehicles listed in the above posted Executive Summary.

This is shaping up very nicely indeed! : )

201FCD58-4A07-43DB-BCC9-354C4B66064E.jpeg

"Tell me that's not a WarShip which just jumped in."
"Sir-"
"Tell me that's not a WarShip which just jumped in."
"Sorry sir. I can't do that. They're on a course for orbit. What do we do?... Sir? ... Sir, where did you go?"

Assembly of Strategic (ARROTECH), Operational (BATTLEFORCE) and Tactical (BATTLETECH) Forces continue…

Here, now, at the beginning it is important for me to point out that Kereminde’s Fixtion-writing process and mine own, differ. Which is perfectly natural. While I will use HAREBRAINED / Kiva’s Turn Order mechanism to inform my Fiction, unlike Kereminde I will not be running three #CaralystGameLabs games concurrently, but the visuals, like depicted below, are now a part of my narration/story-crafting…

If anyone has any questions, comments or War Stories, please bring them forth here, or feel free to PM me. :bow:

82BB2068-D3A0-4384-A792-1172A1DA4005.jpeg

@Kereminde, ain’t nothing like a finishing touch… (thank you again for this patch, btw :bow: )

: )
BE1FE3D6-A464-4F41-BBB5-60B4082D56F3.jpeg