• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Corwyn001

Private
Aug 21, 2022
Ok, now that I have the dual monitor issue fixed, I've been playing solo skirmishes just to get used to the game mechanics and pilot and mech roles. I have noticed that the enemy lance can do things my guys can't. For example: Multiple targeting. I can click that icon, but I only seem to be able to shoot at one target, while enemy mechs get to shoot more than one. I've tried this with the Trebuchet, intending to fire lasers at a close range target and save the LRMs for the farther target. But I fired the lasers and that was the end of my turn. I had multiple targets available and should have been able to fire the LRMs at the other target.

The other thing is with knockdowns, or more importantly, stand ups. I can stand up a mech that's been knocked down, but that's the end of my turn, while enemy mechs can stand up, move, and fire in the same turn.

What is up with this? Is it a function of pilot abilities? Both lances have the same mechs and the same pilots, yet the enemy lance seems to be more capable.

Thanks.

Multi Shot is a pilot specific ability. If your pilot doesn't have it, they can't do it. To do it, you need to click the special multi-shot icon, then click the multiple targets, then click the individual weapons that will cycle though the selected targets.

As for knockdowns, you should be able to stand up a mech and then do a full turn's worth of abilities. I've never seen otherwise, and I'm assuming that you're not using mods. I'm not sure what's going on with that.

The mech I used for multi-shot did have the icon and I used it but I could only shoot one target. I don't know what I was doing wrong. Do I need to select all the targets before firing?

I've only ever been able to stand up and that ends the turn. I don't get any other choices.

The mech I used for multi-shot did have the icon and I used it but I could only shoot one target. I don't know what I was doing wrong. Do I need to select all the targets before firing?
Yes. You need to select all targets before firing.

As for standing up, I know that Overheating makes you lose your turn to restart your mech, but just standing up from knockdown should give you a full turn. I've stood up, jumped behind an enemy mech, and blasted it to bits before. I don't think that Skirmish is different from the normal Campaign or Career game in that regard.

Are you running with any mods?

For multi shot - click the icon - select up to 3 targets ( A B C ) that are within range and in your arc of fire - assign weapons to each ( they must be in range ) by clicking/cycling on each weapon to assign it to target A B or C

As for not being able to move after standing never experienced it myself - Can you Jump ?

Multishot ... does not have a good user interface...

Others have described it better than I could, but I will add a video example:

Reactions:
Thanks to all who have responded. I am not using any mods. I've only been playing for about a week now, not many games a day, so still in the discovery phase of the game mechanics. I will play some more today and report back on the multi-shot thing. As for standing up, I had another knockdown in my Locust, stood up, and turn over. He just stood there and got blasted. That is very frustrating. More news as it happens.

Thanks to all who have responded. I am not using any mods. I've only been playing for about a week now, not many games a day, so still in the discovery phase of the game mechanics. I will play some more today and report back on the multi-shot thing. As for standing up, I had another knockdown in my Locust, stood up, and turn over. He just stood there and got blasted. That is very frustrating. More news as it happens.
When your mech is down and being targeted by everyone the damage is often too great and chances of surviving another turn very low EJECT don't stand up - saves the pilot and you get the mech back damaged but repairable. ( eject button is a tiny red symbol bottom left above your mechs doll figure )

When your mech is down and being targeted by everyone the damage is often too great and chances of surviving another turn very low EJECT don't stand up - saves the pilot and you get the mech back damaged but repairable. ( eject button is a tiny red symbol bottom left above your mechs doll figure )
I assume you're talking about Campaign battles. I'm in a solo skirmish and eject is not an option.

As such I suspect that the Skirmishes are just for learning the game mechanics.
They're also for pvp. Apparently, some people are into that kind of stuff. :)

Hmm, on one hand I want to recommend that new players just dive straight into a campaing. On the other, I did know the Battletech rules beforehand, so maybe skirmish is good?

Skirmish is good for testing mechs or strategies. It can also be fun to just play a quick one off match when you don't want to affect a campaign save. I didn't use it much after the full release, except for testing some game mechanics.

They're also for pvp. Apparently, some people are into that kind of stuff. :)

Hmm, on one hand I want to recommend that new players just dive straight into a campaign. On the other, I did know the Battletech rules beforehand, so maybe skirmish is good?
Before I started my first campaign I played well over a dozen (a bit short of 20?) skirmish battles to assure myself that I understood the game and interface. I reached a bunch of the achievements before going over to the campaign (beating enemy lances worth $5 million, $10 million, $15 million more than yours, beating an enemy lance with four Atlases using four Awesomes, etc.). I also made sure to play on every skirmish map.

Note that I thought I was going to be playing PvP against a friend who I convinced to buy the game, but both of us ended up in the vast majority who could never get PvP to work, so that was a bust.