• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Chapter I: No, You’re Not...​

... annexing Albania! Show me at least one successful attack.

1cu.gif

Well, a long time has passed from 1st February, without even the Albanian people noticing that there is a war with Italy going on. Yet finally, on 5th September, several ships were spotted in the vinicity of Durres and Vlore. Four divisions, currently defending the Yugoslavian border, were therefore hurriedly redeployed to defend these towns. If the invasion force manages to land, it would make a quick work of the Albanian Army.

rri.gif

Tirane was pummeled by air attacks, while the defence of Durres and Vlore continued. Needless to say that those pesky CAGs destroyed my HQs, thus my whole OOB...

3ou.gif

Ah, it seems that the Italians are loosing breath! It’s a bit different to invade human Albania instead of the AI one, huh?

bru.gif

And on 12nd October, the battle of Durres was over. Even though Italians had superior weaponry, and numbers, they still weren’t able to capitalize and lost the battle with horrendous losses on their side.

og9.gif

Meanwhile the battle of Vlore was still ongoing...

j7k.gif

The battle was over just a week later and Italians suffered even heavier casualties. Despite bringing an armored brigade to the fight, it was easily dealt with by Albanian AT rifles and Albanian Army could celebrate victory once again.

uuc.gif

That’s it for this "23rd July" chapter. The next one is going to be the last one...

Stay tuned, there might be multiple updates today on my other AARs! :)

The last one? That doesn't sound too hopeful...

Less than you'd thought :p

Really, though, I found the Italian AI in TFH so completely awful at tackling Albania I had to restrict Albania's troop production to give Mussolini the chance of a fair fight! Strange really as in SF Italy could do this easily.

Poor Albanians! As you can see, I was able to produce four infantry divisions and one garrison division, though I've no idea about their composition (it's been months already!).

And I thought this was dead :p

And I thought this was dead :p

Except for the last two sentences, this chapter is 2 months old. Hell, I don't even know what is written there! :D

In one of the other AAR's made by you (I think it was a Lithuanian AAR), someone wrote "Ikar being Ikar again". At that time (I was new on the forum) I thought, what is he talking about..... now I know :D.

But Albania.....? Really?! Ah well, you have to try it sometime I guess hehe.

In one of the other AAR's made by you (I think it was a Lithuanian AAR), someone wrote "Ikar being Ikar again". At that time (I was new on the forum) I thought, what is he talking about..... now I know :D.

But Albania.....? Really?! Ah well, you have to try it sometime I guess hehe.

I'm telling you that this AAR should've been finished for two months already :p

The last one? That doesn't sound too hopeful...

I guess...

Chapter I: No, You’re Not...​

... annexing Albania! Show me at least one successful attack.

The Italians showed the required single successful attack? :p

In all seriousness, I suspect that once the Italians can land any kind of troops, it's really all over for Albania. The mopping up might take a while, but if the troops are ashore, I don't see how the Albanians are going to win a stand-up fight.

The Italians showed the required single successful attack? :p

The thing is, they didn't. And if so, strategic redeployment is my friend before they even get there :)

In all seriousness, I suspect that once the Italians can land any kind of troops, it's really all over for Albania. The mopping up might take a while, but if the troops are ashore, I don't see how the Albanians are going to win a stand-up fight.

I guess you're right. But they would have to bring up marines to diminish the amphibious penalty so much, that I'd rather have them encircled and enveloped and I'd consider that too risky for a tiny bit of spared manpower :D

Chapter II: Ending on a Good Note

Alright, this chapter isn’t going to be long and nor it will be very interesting, but it will conclude this AAR nicely.

After the duo of Italian attacks, it seems like they aren’t coming down on me anytime soon. What happens are various events in the world, yet none of them is really concerning this proud little nation!

Partition of Poland:

vy5.gif

Winter War and Bessarabia cession:

ftc.gif

Second Vienna Award and Low Countries invasion:

s0k.gif

The creation of Vichy Regime:

5wj7.gif

The war in the Africa and Middle East:

xua.gif

Decisive Japanese victory in China:

l1nh.gif

Operation Barbarossa and continuation of war in Africa and Middle East:

5cb.gif

i9r.gif

6d1.gif

Full out war between the Axis and Comintern:

yna.gif

And then I got too bored to go on ^^

So, the myth about Albania getting inevitably annexed by Italy is...

ki0x.jpg

I hope you enjoyed this little AAR (I think I stopped playing at around March ’42 and done that during one day) and proved that even a single corps of infantry is able to stop the Italian behemoth :)

so, you watch mythbusters?

I don't, I just found out that it would be a nice analogy :)

Good to see Albania survived! It might have been different if anything had happened between Italy and Yugoslavia, though. I will need to have another a look at Italy's war plans. :)

I don't really know why, but I haven't seen Yugoslavia in action since... my very first AAR? It's kind of odd. Maybe they need to take Greece first? But that's when the event fired back then when I was playing Greece: "Hey, Yugoslavia, you either go with us against Greece or we will make you!"...

I'm confused! :eek:

Damn and here I was expecting a blockbuster with lots of action ;) and it ended after the 2nd update? I want MOAR!!! :p
Anyway it was good while it lasted! :)

I wish I could bring in more action, but I guess I broke the event chain for Italy, since they need to have Albania first in order to deliver Ultimatum to Greece. All I have remaining now are 69 screenshots for Hungary divided into six chapters. After that, I can finally get down to some gaming action in HoI :)