So you can play with two Sol systems now...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Akamia

Captain
23 Badges
Mar 30, 2019
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Surviving Mars
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
I just finished a Void Dweller campaign in 2.7.2 where I started in Void Dweller Sol. I had another, regular Sol custom empire set to force-spawn. I didn’t expect the game to actually spawn it... So, that campaign there were two Sol systems, one full of habitats, and one that was just regular. The empire I had force-spawned was a Post Apocalyptic origin, but that’s a bit beside the point.

Don’t get me wrong, I had a good time, but it was my understanding that one Sol is not supposed to be able to co-exist with another in single player. In multiplayer, anything goes; you can have like 20 Sol systems if everyone picks a civ that starts there. But up to this point, single player has enforced a strict One Sol Limit, and I think Void Dweller Sol might have introduced a loophole around it.

Reactions:
Never watched "Another Earth"?

Thats science fiction and if you "force spawn" it, then why should you not have two sol-systems?
When I say "force spawn", what I mean is "the civ had its little box to the right of its tab in empire selection highlighted with a lock", meaning if galaxy conditions allow, it will spawn. In the past, this meant that only one Sol (or Deneb) can exist at a time, and if it's the UNE, Earth Custodianship, or some custom Sol start, the game will not spawn another Sol anywhere else. So if I picked the UNE, I should expect not to see any of my custom Sol civs regardless of what their settings are. The same principle should apply to Void Dweller Sol in relation to regular Sol starts.

I don't yet know if Void Dweller Sol prevents another Sol from appearing if it's a pre-FTL or Tomb/Toxic Earth Sol, but it's definitely not stopping a custom regular Sol from showing up, and I bet it doesn’t stop the UNE or EC from appearing either.

Last edited: