So what's an immersion pack supposed to be?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The programmers are probably all working on Imperator.

Still, I would rather have less DLC with more content and reworks of the many problematic systems (Holy Fury approach) than a constant stream of nonsense DLC which add nothing of value like now.
But that would make PDX less $ so I doubt that will happen. Certainly not after the EU4 team set up the money printer (Mission Trees, Estates, etc. Things that can be made with very low effort and sold as DLC feature)

Thats the holy grail of gaming companies: to turn their franchise into a Esports model :D Kinda like how Fifa sells the same game every time but with updated names of players. Why not sell a DLC with just updated missions, national ideas, events, provinces and and estates for every region of the world :D

Immersion Packs are small focused DLCs on a specific area in the world. .
They are not small. The thematic focus is not what alone defines an immersion pack.

So small, but not small DLCs. Also focused, but there is also other focuses ...which makes them unfocused I guess?
I conculde that Immersion packs are a dlc of undetermined size and focus.

I think I am beginning to understand why this thread exists :)

Immersion Packs are small focused DLCs on a specific area in the world. The first one was Third Rome. They are supposed to be content heavy(mission trees, events, new governments, etc.) as programmers will be mostly working on bugs or similar stuff but it does not mean that zero work is done for features.
Which area of the world is Golden Century supposed to be focused on? Because "immersion" on Iberia will be quickly broken as soon as players start scratching their heads at Portugal's pacifist merchant republic ideas, at why Ibiza is on the map but Segovia isn't, why Franciscans can't exist outside Iberia, or why the Maghreb coast magically able to turn people into thieves (unlike the coast of "civilised" Europe which can never give rise to Pirate nations).

In fact, it is telling that the main talking point being pushed by Pdx to its propaganda teams gaming magazines is the Pirate stuff, not the Iberian experience. I wonder if the EU4 team is trying to copy the CK2 play book and start to add wacky alt-history stuff, but without actually putting in the work the CK2 team has to create alternate rules systems for players and deep fun mechanics that actually change how the game is played. We already know how pirates play, Coastal Raiding and Privateering are already in the game (and spoiler alert, they get boring very quickly).

Small would be the artpacks and similar that are sold for few euros or similar. Immersion pack is the next step up and after that there are expansions.

So small, but not small DLCs. Also focused, but there is also other focuses ...which makes them unfocused I guess?
I conculde that Immersion packs are a dlc of undetermined size and focus.

I think I am beginning to understand why this thread exists :)
The first post is about immersion packs. The second post is about Dharma and Cradle. Perhaps read what was posted between those 2 posts.

The first post is about immersion packs. The second post is about Dharma and Cradle. Perhaps read what was posted between those 2 posts.
Ah, okay that makes a lot more sense :D Got a bit confused there with which dlc is an immersion pack and which isnt.

So an Immersion pack is always small and always has a regional foucs, while an expansion is always big and comes with a regional focus AND a world wide mechanic upgrade?

Ah, okay that makes a lot more sense :D Got a bit confused there with which dlc is an immersion pack and which isnt.

So an Immersion pack is always small and always has a regional foucs, while an expansion is always big and comes with a regional focus AND a world wide mechanic upgrade?
Expansion isn't necessarily region focused, though it usually is.

Small and Big are quite subjective, and if you skip these words, then you get a definition where Dharma could be considered an Immersion Pack and Rule Britannia a full DLC.

I have no problems with more missions or events, but the developers have clearly decided (for lack of programers, profit, whatever reason) that its okay to make the last 6-7 batches of content 5% actual new playstyle changes, 10% new mechanics and 85% flavor buttons in the form of missions, events and 1 click bonuses.

Let’s state this clearly. Buttons are not flavor.

Tag-specific events add clearly way more flavor, but they are diminishing in quantity and scope as of late. Dharma added 5 new tag-specific events, Golden Century is set on three (for now): the Aragonese Succession (which is lacking the separation of Naples but it’s in the free patch),and couple of Merino wool related events (which the devs admitted were added due to community backlash). The mission-reward-events are only another way of minmaxing the game since you can trigger them when you want. You can even have advisor-spawning event when you want. Where’s the unpredictability that made our plays fun?

Assuming you mean Megacorp and Holy Fury? Megacorp was very much in development during PDXCON (Wiz showed a WIP teaser during his talk) meanwhile Holy Fury and Dharma were announced then. Might not be fair to compare an Immersive Pack (such as Golden Century) to a rework like Holy Fury, Megacorp or Dharma, IMO.

I'll agree that there are mechanics in EUIV I'd love to see reworked, but disagree that the solution is "apply more programmers".

But if you compare Megacorp or Holy Fury with Dharma or CoC?

And what big feature did Dharma add exactly? The Monsoon?

That's exactly what I mean. I was not interested in Dharma because it didn't add anything interesting or reworked existing systems in an interesting way.

Maybe we should look at Immersion DLC as unit models DLC with some content. I think the new ships are the most appealing feature of GC to me.