• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Usually you can't make your heirs take the vows (unless it's by event) and enatic means, that only women inherit. So either you'll be unable to make your last daughter take the vows (or any of them, because of gavelkind) or you'll end up with a game over, because you have no eligible heirs.

1. Enatic/Agnatic Clans will force pure enatic/agnatic succession at the time of reformation, but you are allowed to later switch to enatic-cognaic/agnatic-cognatic succession.

2. You can force your heir to take the vows if you have them in prison.

You do get 40 tyranny for imprisoning without a reason, but excommunication is considered a valid reason. If you reform with hierocratic or autocephalous leadership you can then spend 100 Piety to get your heir excommunicated, imprison her, and force vows.

Got the event in my Heathenous Ways run, I believe the requirements are have an Empire-rank title and ~10,000 prestige. Will look up the script/code when I've got time and get back to you.

Thanks in advance :). I hope I don't have to go feudal for it to fire.

This is really helpful and what I've been looking for since HF released...

It should be cleaned up and added somehow to the wiki:
https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Pagans#Doctrine

One thing though: for the "Reformer becomes High God" synergy, I've read that it also requires the Dogmatic nature. Is that correct?

Nothing in 00_scripted_effects.txt that I can see requires Dogmatic, unless I've missed something.

Thanks in advance :). I hope I don't have to go feudal for it to fire.

Nope, no need to be feudal. Requires you're an emperor, have 10,000 prestige, an adult, not running in an alternative start, not the AI, and your capital is in Europe, Asia Minor, Jerusalem or Arabia. The event can fire once per ruler and the bloodline can only be triggered once per game.

There's a number of modifiers that make it more likely, starting at line 11,392 in HF_bloodline_events.txt.

Nothing in 00_scripted_effects.txt that I can see requires Dogmatic, unless I've missed something.

Nope, no need to be feudal. Requires you're an emperor, have 10,000 prestige, an adult, not running in an alternative start, not the AI, and your capital is in Europe, Asia Minor, Jerusalem or Arabia. The event can fire once per ruler and the bloodline can only be triggered once per game.

There's a number of modifiers that make it more likely, starting at line 11,392 in HF_bloodline_events.txt.

So based on this it looks like there's only one lifetime roll for the event instead of every year like I was hoping. It looks like there's one roll the instant the character has all the reqs and if the character doesn't get it then that character is never going to get it. Is that your interpretation as well?

So based on this it looks like there's only one lifetime roll for the event instead of every year like I was hoping. It looks like there's one roll the instant the character has all the reqs and if the character doesn't get it then that character is never going to get it. Is that your interpretation as well?

Nope. The event is triggered only and the trigger is on_decade_pulse in 00_on_actions.txt. So once per decade your character is checked if they meet the requirements.

Nope. The event is triggered only and the trigger is on_decade_pulse in 00_on_actions.txt. So once per decade your character is checked if they meet the requirements.

Sweet. Gonna hope for the best then; thanks again.

All the synergies I've found while reading the code:
(Attached as a screenshot since how to format a table on the forums isn't obvious to me)

View attachment 421548

The flower war CB is only available when the ruler has the
Bloodthirsty_gods_3.png
Haemoarch traits (which requires 100 burned_hearts_points so better play him as a young ruler if you want him to be Haemoarch one day)

The flower war CB is only available when the ruler has the
Bloodthirsty_gods_3.png
Haemoarch traits (which requires 100 burned_hearts_points so better play him as a young ruler if you want him to be Haemoarch one day)
It's super easy to get that if you raid a lot.

It's super easy to get that if you raid a lot.

Not that much. I've just spent 30 min in the game code trying to understand how hearts points work.
You basically get 1 point at each sacrifice (even in the battle, for the warrior lodge event), +2 more points if the person is an emperor or a divine child or a religious head -from another religion of course- (or your own child ? I didn't understood the last one)
You get +5, +10 or +15 for mass sacrifice depending on your choice (require rank 2 of bloodthirsty trait which means you already acquired 50 points )
You finally get about +10 (not sure about that one) if your champion win the gladiator tournament (requires rank 1 of bloodthirsty trait which means you already acquired 10 points ).

So finally you usually (I did at least, for 3 differents characters) need to kill about 60 person to get the third trait.
And double it to get the bloodline. It's doable, but definitely not easy, unless you have a good army, ready to serve you all your life, many weak neighbours and there is still a big part of luck. Of course you HAVE to be in a warrior lodge to get more and more prisonners (in battle, in siege etc.).

Neither Moses nor Hindu Brahmins would approve this statement.

Moses is a bit too early and too fictional (in that he would have lived long before Ancient Hebrew paganism became a reformed religion in the Second Temple period and never existed in the first place), but otherwise, yeah pretty much.

Hinduism is not really paganism, nor is it necessarily Polytheistic. Hinduism isn't even really one religion. Hinduism is a plethora of Vedic religious schools of thought from the Indian Subcontinent that share the same Divine Names and Sacred Geography, but their ideas about who the Supreme is, and how to achieve Moksha various.
I second this. Advaita Vedanta holds that all the gods are ultimately the manifestations of the Supreme One, so they are pretty much monotheistic. And since God's nature is infinite, we can relate to God in an infinite amount of ways.
The rampant sectarianism is a very new phenomena within Hindu circles, and it's running out of steam as we speak.

Not that much. I've just spent 30 min in the game code trying to understand how hearts points work.
You basically get 1 point at each sacrifice (even in the battle, for the warrior lodge event), +2 more points if the person is an emperor or a divine child or a religious head -from another religion of course- (or your own child ? I didn't understood the last one)
You get +5, +10 or +15 for mass sacrifice depending on your choice (require rank 2 of bloodthirsty trait which means you already acquired 50 points )
You finally get about +10 (not sure about that one) if your champion win the gladiator tournament (requires rank 1 of bloodthirsty trait which means you already acquired 10 points ).

So finally you usually (I did at least, for 3 differents characters) need to kill about 60 person to get the third trait.
And double it to get the bloodline. It's doable, but definitely not easy, unless you have a good army, ready to serve you all your life, many weak neighbours and there is still a big part of luck. Of course you HAVE to be in a warrior lodge to get more and more prisonners (in battle, in siege etc.).
Ive gotten that trait on every ruler ive played as with that doctrine.
Ransom anyone worth 70+ gold if you have below 2k gold, dont sacrifice the main leader you are fighting against in a war, dont sacrifice those who you get domestic tyranny with, and sacrifice everyone else.

And a question about the thread:
Stability (or Survivors of Ukko or Children of Perun) + Astrology (or hellenic) = gives better stats on birth -- what does 'gives better stats on birth' mean?
like just higher base skills? if so by around how many points?

and what about the 'education improvement synergy'?

Ive gotten that trait on every ruler ive played as with that doctrine.
Ransom anyone worth 70+ gold if you have below 2k gold, dont sacrifice the main leader you are fighting against in a war, dont sacrifice those who you get domestic tyranny with, and sacrifice everyone else.

Well it's easy if you're a king or emperor, or feudal with warmonger, but otherwise, I think it's not !

If you are in a position where you can reform the faith, there is a very high chance you are already at least a king.

Well it's easy if you're a king or emperor, or feudal with warmonger, but otherwise, I think it's not !
I never use warmonger (only once while founding the mongols) but we i suppose we just play in completely different styles.

Does anyone know if dawnbreaker adds any events because I find it very lacking so far. Only extra it has above divine marriage is marrying your children, which I find strange and useless, and multiple wifes.