So I got auto joined into an AGGRESSIVE WAR with a small empire as my ally....the one that forced me, I HAVE NO RELATIONS with them!

So I got auto joined into an AGGRESSIVE WAR with a small empire as my ally....the one that forced me, I HAVE NO RELATIONS with them!

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Enlonwhite

Corporal
15 Badges
Mar 9, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Description:
Started a new save yesterday, ironman mode, I am in the bottom southern part of the galaxy, and things have been fun, one crash but that may of been due to a blink in power outage that happened 30 seconds before.
(seriously didnt realize it as it happened so fast that my roommates were the ones that informed me of it, his PS4 went down due to it.)

Getting side tracked sorry, anyways, reloaded this save to see if it worked, was fine for over 100 years ingame. then Suddenly this tiny empire up north, that I have NO ACCESS too, some how drags me into its war of ATTACK on a LARGER empire than either of us.....
Thing is I Have NOT put any effort or such into diplomatic relationship with this said small empire.....no treaties, no federation, nothing......So how did they make me join a war, that I didnt agree upon, (no I DID NOT make them a vassal if you ask).

Save file does not show in my steam cloud, and I cannot find it on my computer, I am not 100% sure where to look but I installed steam and its games on my D drive instead of my C drive, so I looked in both but steam only shows in D drive.

Attachments

Alfray Stryke

Embedded QA on Stellaris
128 Badges
Feb 21, 2014
  • PDXCON 2017 Gold Ticket holder
  • PDXCON 2018 "The Emperor"
  • PDXCon 2019 "Emperor"
Thank you for the report, do you have a save with the issue present, ideally both before and after the war starts?

Tobvo

Recruit
28 Badges
Aug 13, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Happened to me quiet a few times aswell. In the attached save you will get dragged into such a war after about 3 days.
And I don't know if this is a related bug or the same, but it can also happen that a federation member drags your federation into an offensive war without notifications, even if you follow the 'president decides' (with you as the president of course) or the 'unanimous decision' policy.

Attachments

Reactions: