• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So will hoi board game be a rival to a&a or will it differ greatly to the risk for people with to much time on their hands. I love axis and allies and would not have a problem with either a loving clone or a very different take on the concept. I hope hoi focuses equally on research and production just as the PC game does however.
idk

Gonna be interesting.
I sure hope so. I hope the more minor powers get some love, as that is one of my more favorite parts of hoi. I hope we get a playable Hungary, Romania, Finland, and Bulgaria in the Eastern Front expansion that will release alongside the game. In the west I hope we get France, USA, Greece, Italy and others besides Germany and the UK. In short I hope the games includes the Mediterranean and North Africa. But that Eastern Front game has me the most excited. I like that because Soviet Union and the German Reich are both the "baddies" so you don't feel guilty playing them.

So will hoi board game be a rival to a&a or will it differ greatly to the risk for people with to much time on their hands. I love axis and allies and would not have a problem with either a loving clone or a very different take on the concept. I hope hoi focuses equally on research and production just as the PC game does however.
i love a&a but maybe we could have something like diplomacy where we can either stay neutral or join a war be fascist or communist or democratic or non-aligned and could we have different scenarios like 1936, 1939, 1940, 1941, 1943, 1945 and the cold war

There are ww2 grand strategy games far, far more advanced in terms of elegance and mechanics than Axis and Allies. GMT has Triumph and Tragedy, Cataclysm, and Chuchill; all three of these games are straight up amazing and once you’ve played them you would never go back to A&A

Great recommendations there. Thanks.