Snowfall Release Date and Price Announced!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TotalyMoo

Manager of Things
94 Badges
Jun 5, 2012
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sengoku
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Newest Expansion to Award-winning City-builder Presumed to Precipitate Promptly

STOCKHOLM – Feb. 3, 2016 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games for people who like to chill, today announced that the newest expansion to Cities: Skylines will be released on February 18th, 2016. Cities: Skylines, the award-winning city-building game from Colossal Order, will receive a flurry of new weather-related features in the “Snowfall” expansion. The new content will release this month on Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs, and will be available from digital retailers everywhere for $12.99.

In Snowfall, a new in-game temperature system will keep mayor-players on their toes. When the snow starts to fall, the roads will need to be kept clear, and buildings will need to be heated. Residents will also have the chance to visit new winter parks and landmarks available in Snowfall, along with an all-new tram system to get them across town in all sorts of weather. These features will arrive alongside free updates for all Cities: Skylines players when Snowfall launches on February 18th.

Players who are watching the skies for more details can find an ongoing Developer Diary series from Colossal Order on the Paradox Forums: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/official-information-announcements.878/

Reactions:
Good DLC and good price. 3 days later is my birthday - so thanks for that gift :D

Attachments

• CSS_ReleaseII.jpg
    CSS_ReleaseII.jpg
    250,8 KB · Views: 122
Reactions:
So the Nuclear winter arrives 18/2/16 Time to hunker down in my nuclear bunker until all the fuss and fallout from the launch has passed. Hopefully safe to emerge once the thaw sets in around mid March to minimum damage

Having seen a bit more of what's on offer my initial cold reaction is beginning to thaw- it looks fantastic and I love the effect of rain on the roads! There certainly seem to be more additional parks etc included than the disappointing stuff in After Dark too

Last edited:
Reactions:
Will be highly interesting, looking forward to seeing it and what modders will do with it :) .

Reactions:
well it's not the same.

it's a swedish publisher and a finnish developer. i want price in €. sek is also fine...

13 usd is 11.76€ + VAT = 14.70 EUR. so i'm gonna guess they'll round it out to 14,99€

You people need to put an awful lot more into this to justify €15... Otherwise this is just not worth it.
True words! 15€ for an expansion that basically adds nothing new to the base game is just overpriced. We could talk about 10€, maybe, but not 15€. The more I know about Snowfall the more it seems to me that the addition of trams is just a desperate attempt to sell features no one asked for.

Reactions:
Are you sure this should be released while winter's still here? There was a snowstorm yesterday in Minneapolis and some of us might still be bitter about having to go out in it. (If only Minneapolitans were reasonable enough to just shut everything down when their plows can't handle things)

Reactions:
it's not really a challenge, laying down pipes.
Heating, Health, Electricity, Pollution, Traffic, Temperatures....

Reactions:
btw, how do I add this AD-icon under my nick?

Hover over your forums name (top right), click on "Owned Items".
That`ll take you to where you can turn them on or off.

--------------

As for this DLC, same result as After Dark.
I didn`t buy that because it didn`t seem to really have anything, especially not for the price.
0/2 so far, not looking good ;)