Snowfall Release Date and Price Announced!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just wanna point out as many has done before me, implementing "eternal winter" maps instead of seasons is a BAD business decision.

You are already making a temperature and weather system for all themes, how hard can it be to allow snow in them? If it was up to me the boreal theme would have 3-4 months of snow a year, temperate 2-3 and european 1-2 (could also change to rain from time to time with temps just above 0 during winter months).

Tropic theme is okay without snow though, but I would add thunderstorms and heavy rain a few days during summer season. I would also add a new desert theme with very little rain and season changes.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I wont buy it

Me neither. Not really adding to the "depth" of the game to engross me in a more challenging way, then again no notes of intention to resolve issues etc to the existing game to convince me to pre-order.

Hopefully my CD Key for Xcom 2 should arrive soon and then "The Following" expansion for Dying Light so that leaves little room for this rather bland expansion.

Reactions:
i agree season mode would have been better (actually I think solstices only) but when you look at some problems happened with cycle/time...
I think that winter is better that way... sounds difficult enough (but I still hope that painful prob cycle/economy to be fixed asap!)

Reactions:
Actually I think although there are disappointments with the game, and this EP, the price is realistic for what we get. It's not a premium price point by any means, when you think what you could spend on The Sims for example.

Reactions:
Similar regional pricing, nothing detailed announced yet.

"similar regional pricing", what does that mean?

i'm not asking for a "regional price", i'm asking for price in sweden in euros (as steam doesn't take SEK).
EDIT: FYI, it's ok to say you don't know, better than "similar regional pricing"

Can't you use Google to convert it?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ate-and-price-announced.906040/#post-20601029

i know why i'm asking. i'm asking because the 13USD price tag is a pre-order bait. your mind will go, "oh hey, dolar is cheap, it's like 10€ that, i'll take it".
and then you get to taxes and realize you have to actually pay VAT in EU.
we're talking about a finnish developer (euro is in finland), and a swedish publisher (swedish krona), and we get a price tag in USD.

I don't mind the 15€ price tag, i dislike practice of hiding the real price with USD.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I'm not sure if I'll buy it or not. I might do it to try it out and such if I feel for it. 15 euros seem a bit on the edge of price, 10 would've been better.

Reactions:
Im just interested in the trams, tbh. which is a nice addition. not sure about all the other stuff. I think some things people really want is some better control of lanes on the roads - like merging lanes and neat transitions between different types of roads - and making the rail more functional, like modular stations and more realistic stations in general (like multiple platforms, making the stations more unique to fit around existing road and rail infrastructure - rather that having to fit road and rail infrastructure around the stations) imo.

The trams are a welcome addition though - I'll buy it just for that. but perhaps bear the above in mind for future development ?

this is still the best city building game of all time, so dont think Im having a go.

Reactions:
this is still the best city building game of all time, so dont think Im having a go.

LOL, you sir are funny! I would agree with you if it is still 2002 ;) Btw. your own wishlist should have been in the base vanilla game if you ask me...

Trams are till now the only reason to buy this software, but that is not worth even 7,5€!

I more interested in core game fixes/updates than this, sorry :(
THIS!!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Reactions:
I sincerely hope seasons can be modded in. Eternal winter will be very immersion-breaking.

Reactions:
It may be that finally the realisation has dawned on us that this is the way it's going to be:- new features = new map and therefore new game. We can't enjoy all the features or see all the effects in that one city we have been lovingly tending for months and want to go on nurturing for as long as possible.

Reactions: