• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First of all - thank you for all your feedback so far! I know it can be difficult to weigh in the user experience from just screenshots, but I think you’ve managed to capture some key elements where we can improve
  • Topbar image taking too much space - yes we will make this slightly lower to give space for more of your content. The idea ahead is to give each game some more graphical elements from the game as well, will have to be balanced with usability of course
  • Lynx/Text Mode/508 compliance etc. Support should be there also post launch. However I’m myself is not a native user of such, so if you see any issues ping me and we’ll have a look
  • Watch thread and other alerts will popup as a number above your login name in top-right corner
  • Watch forums: the Forums you watch will be readily made available on front page, so it’s a click away to get to your most popular ones
  • Reactions: default is ”Like”, but hover the button and you will also have; Helpful, Agree, Respectfully disagree, Love, Haha and Sad
  • You will still be able to toggle BB Code

Again, truly appreciate your feedback. Although it may prove difficult in pleasing every wish, I’m here for you and would as we progress love to more of what you think is working out well and what can be improved!

Thanks for your support

Will the old pre-2011 forums post still be available on the new forums or you will purge them from the database.Based on what i've seen,it will not be the case(and i really hope it will not be the case)but just to be sure?
Thanks for any replies about this.

First of all - thank you for all your feedback so far! I know it can be difficult to weigh in the user experience from just screenshots, but I think you’ve managed to capture some key elements where we can improve
  • Topbar image taking too much space - yes we will make this slightly lower to give space for more of your content. The idea ahead is to give each game some more graphical elements from the game as well, will have to be balanced with usability of course
  • Lynx/Text Mode/508 compliance etc. Support should be there also post launch. However I’m myself is not a native user of such, so if you see any issues ping me and we’ll have a look
  • Watch thread and other alerts will popup as a number above your login name in top-right corner
  • Watch forums: the Forums you watch will be readily made available on front page, so it’s a click away to get to your most popular ones
  • Reactions: default is ”Like”, but hover the button and you will also have; Helpful, Agree, Respectfully disagree, Love, Haha and Sad
  • You will still be able to toggle BB Code
Again, truly appreciate your feedback. Although it may prove difficult in pleasing every wish, I’m here for you and would as we progress love to more of what you think is working out well and what can be improved!

Thanks for your support
Thank you for considering this feedback, the concerns about invisible sub-forums and non-dismissable advertisement on the right of the screen seem to remain.

Will there be a new functionality for developers to give feedback to user suggestions in the respective suggestion forums? It's long been an issue for users that they (usually) don't get feedback or even a "helpful" reaction from devs. Devs however maintain they read suggestions but can't possibly reply to every thread, so there is a gap between dev practice/needs and user experience. New functionality could mend this. E.g. an automatic message to the user when a dev has clicked his thread. Or special dev "reactions" that actually are somewhat useful to users, like "interesting idea, needs to work out some more details", or "missing sources", or "currently not in scope", "too complicated, needs simplification", etc. Maybe include this in an automatically generated mail to the user instead of making it public. Well, really any improvement would be welcome. :)

Thanks for bringing this to me, let's see what we can do!

Will there be a new functionality for developers to give feedback to user suggestions in the respective suggestion forums? It's long been an issue for users that they (usually) don't get feedback or even a "helpful" reaction from devs. Devs however maintain they read suggestions but can't possibly reply to every thread, so there is a gap between dev practice/needs and user experience. New functionality could mend this. E.g. an automatic message to the user when a dev has clicked his thread. Or special dev "reactions" that actually are somewhat useful to users, like "interesting idea, needs to work out some more details", or "missing sources", or "currently not in scope", "too complicated, needs simplification", etc. Maybe include this in an automatically generated mail to the user instead of making it public. Well, really any improvement would be welcome. :)

@pdxfreddy Do we know if this upgrade does indeed fix the "Remember me?" functionality on the forums? Its frustrating having to sign in every time I want to respond to something on the forums, and I don't ever log in on any other devices or locations, so getting automatically logged out after just closing my browser window despite other websites (Like Google, Twitch, Amazon, for examples) being able to keep me logged in between browser sessions.

@pdxfreddy Do we know if this upgrade does indeed fix the "Remember me?" functionality on the forums? Its frustrating having to sign in every time I want to respond to something on the forums, and I don't ever log in on any other devices or locations, so getting automatically logged out after just closing my browser window despite other websites (Like Google, Twitch, Amazon, for examples) being able to keep me logged in between browser sessions.
^ This

In another thread, he said it should be fixed.

Hey guys, sorry but you deserve an answer here. The authentication services (which are shared among many services) will be revamped later this spring. As we also upgrade the Forum platform, let's keep an eye on this behavior. Feel free to ping me with your experience post upgrade. /F

In another thread, he said it should be fixed.

The post you mentioned actually does NOT confirm nor deny that it is fixed...

Well, i cant say if i like or not the changes because with thing like this i can only dislike them after testing them...but:

1.-We will keep threadmarks? They are vital in the AAR forums and i think will be the biggest loss if we dont have them in the "new forums".

2. Will blogs be back?

Thanks for your answers and work, :cool:

This looks like Steam and Reddit had a child. It seems fitting.

Always nice when old features return :p
Best of luck with the process.