Smoke and Mirrors supply system (No step back)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't think i understand what you're saying here: are you saying that, as long as the capitol has a connection to a single supply hub, it's recognized by the game as the supply center, while if it has no connections, another city (based on VP i guess) automatically becomes the new supply center?
So, if i got it right, to sum it up:
-Encircled capitol, but inside the encirclement there is a connected hub: the capitol is still the supply center, and everything outside this encirclement suffers
-Pure encircled capitol without connections: another city becomes the new supply center (and the capitol poket should run out of supplies by this logic)

No i mean if a capitol has 5 tiles around it, and 3 of them contains a railroad. The capitol is "encircled" if you take the railroads.

I'm not sure at what exact point, a new logistics capitol is selected. I'm gonna just assume, the system attempts to connect as many hubs together as possible. Then it picks a logistics capitol based on: most hubs > capitol city priority list.

I will try and make a SP game tomorrow. Play as Soviet then deliberately split the country in 2, and see what i can find out. I suspect, cutting off the far east. Then putting down a bunch of supply hubs could yield interesting results.

• 1Love
Reactions:
No i mean if a capitol has 5 tiles around it, and 3 of them contains a railroad. The capitol is "encircled" if you take the railroads.

I'm not sure at what exact point, a new logistics capitol is selected. I'm gonna just assume, the system attempts to connect as many hubs together as possible. Then it picks a logistics capitol based on: most hubs > capitol city priority list.

I will try and make a SP game tomorrow. Play as Soviet then deliberately split the country in 2, and see what i can find out. I suspect, cutting off the far east. Then putting down a bunch of supply hubs could yield interesting results.
ah yes, i indeed suspected taking the the railroads would be enough to cut off the capitol supply-wise (i mean, it only makes sense given the new system).

Anyway, if the "new logistic capitol spawning" theory proves to be correct, then you can no longer abuse the infamous tactic of encircling the capitol and kill the rest, seems legit.

Thanks for the effort in figuring out btw

Reactions:
I'm having an issue where units do not move to the front line, or they all move to one space. This seems to have something to do with supply, but it isn't clear. Sometimes, when I check the movement tooltip, it specifically mentions supply, but others it says it's "moving to friendly territory" (it's not), or nothing at all. Any ideas?

The new Supply system is very good. It's very similar to the Unity of Command 2 supply system and that's good because Unity of Command 2 is almost perfection imo (really worried about that game's sales though). I'm 90% happy with it I'd say and I'm hard to please lol. I think maybe only minor tweaks/additions are needed.

@Axe99 thoughts: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...at-low-levels-beyond-a-certain-range.1499895/

My thoughts: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...beyond-a-certain-range.1499895/#post-27932574

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm having an issue where units do not move to the front line, or they all move to one space. This seems to have something to do with supply, but it isn't clear. Sometimes, when I check the movement tooltip, it specifically mentions supply, but others it says it's "moving to friendly territory" (it's not), or nothing at all. Any ideas?
If you see a yellow exclamation mark by their counter, they're holding because there isn't enough supply for them at their destination.

Reactions: