• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Atruejedi

General
98 Badges
Jun 24, 2003
  • War of the Roses
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Lead and Gold
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
I've been resurrected.

The SMEP 6.0 BETA for Arsenal of Democracy 1.08 is here. Please note... I've barely tested this! I loaded it up. It plays fine, but there are going to be minister ID complications because I simply imported SMEP's ministers into the latest AOD minister file and swapped some numbers so there'd be no duplicates. I need YOUR help in making it perfect.

Please report bugs here. There will be bugs, but it is stable. Thanks!

SMEP 6.0 for AOD 1.08
Latest release: March 6, 2013
Download HERE
Checksum: FSCH
Thanks to bestmajor for the upload!

IMPORTANT:

For best results, activate "event 70000" (that's seventy-thousand) from the console (press F12) at the VERY BEGINNING OF YOUR GAME WITH ANY OF THE SCENARIOS.
Then unpause and let SMEP do it's thing! Once at the start of the scenario is all you need. You do NOT have to fire this event every time you load a save game.

Sexxicolors for AOD 1.08
Latest release: March 6, 2013
Download HERE
Checksum: UWQS
Sexxicolors WILL change your checksum and might not work with multiplayer if your opponent does not have the mod installed too!
This file is currently lost :(

Checksum for both SMEP and Sexxicolors installed: HTWD

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Wondering how to install?

(A) Either unzip the files right over your Armageddon main folder (example: C:\Games\AoD)
(B) Use the Generic Mod Enabler v2.1.0.107 to enable SMEP, available at http://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Generic-Mod-Enabler.shtml

What is SMEP?[/CENTER]

Great question. I'm not so good at writing about what SMEP is, so I'd love it if YOU, loyal minions, have any words you'd like to share. In the meantime, let me TRY to give you a description...

SMEP leaves the core gameplay of Hearts of Iron II intact. I was very satisfied with how the game plays. However, some things were not up to snuff. These are the things SMEP attempts to address. Here are some examples...

SMEP has many peace treaty events. Infact, SMEP's work was so stable and impressive that it was included (with typos) in later Hearts of Iron II patches (see "Faith of China", which I meant to type as "Fate of China"). Treaties include...

Soviet-Japanese War
Sino-Japanese War
Russian Civil War
Russo-German War
German-American War
Japanese-American War
Franco-German War
Romano-Hungarian War (included in later HOI patches)
Romano-Bulgarian War
...and more!

Other noteworthy event chains include...

Partition of Yugoslavia
Partition of Greece
Post-War Eastern Front events
Post-War Western Front events

And perhaps my favorite... SMEP includes what I call "capital capture" events to make the Allies and Soviets war against the Nazis competitive! Americans in Budapest? Ally Hungary after the war! Soviets in Denmark? Set up a puppet regime in Copenhagen! This creates a very worthwhile experience; you are rewarded for your actions!

SMEP now includes the Consolidated China Improvement Pack, which is altered to fit SMEP's needs and goals. Thank you to the team!

RANDOM SCREENSHOTS!

Results of a hands-off game as Cuba in the 1944 scenario, just to show off SMEP's awesome post-war border system :)

1944-results-1.png

The FRG is substantially larger than in our timeline, while the DDR is a mere one province... and neutral Czechoslovakia will be surrounded in flames should World War III break out :D

For those who don't know, SMEP uses capital-capture events to determine who controls what in the post-war environment. In the above scenario, no one managed to capture Prague, leaving Czechoslovakia neutral... while Belgrade was captured by the USA, making Yugoslavia join the Allies.

Here's another screenshot from the same game, showing the close of the war in Asia:

1944-results-2.png

Most of the territory controlled by Communist China was given to them by the Soviets after they invaded Manchuria. You can also see a small Communist Korea "liberated" by the USSR after they clawed their way into Korean territory.

Last edited:
I've been resurrected.....

Wow ! Excellent news ! Hope everything is fine for you. :cool:

Many thanks for your mod, I will give it a try very soon.
Does it work with Doomsday (aka 1945) scenario too ?

P.S. my admiration for your modding effort forced me to post here after more than 2 years of absence, in a sense you resurrected me too :p

......You may want to take a look at Pang's changes he's been doing to AoD (he calls it 1.09)....

Interesting, where can I find this changes please ?

Grazie triestino, ;)

And thanks for your graphic pack too, it is really "bellissimo" !
Am I to infer that you're Italian, Amadeus?

Anyway, thanks for the compliments! I'd be most obliged to you if you left a comment in the TP thread... :)

I know people reported them... but I'm a bit busy to hunt all that stuff down in the old thread. I'm interested in fixing outstanding and game-breaking issues, and if you guys could kindly report them here in some type of orderly fashion, I'd appreciate it and work on them when time permits me.

Hello Jedi,

I'm currently playing a test game with 1.09beta11 + your own Mod and I've not found any outstanding and game-breaking issues so far, but I don't know what to look for to be honest, so if you need any data or info just tell me.

I'm playing with Poland for the first time in my life ( amazing considering I had purchased and played HOI since the day 1) and the only weird thing was that GER never asked for Danzig.
The war started on May 1940 event "Hitler's war", when they asked for Alsace; now is March 1st 1941 and I've more or less stalemated them, but I'm running low on all resources and even more scaring I've got almost no more manpower left....

best regards

@Amadeus: Hmmm. They never demanded Danzig? Strange. Can you look up exactly what happened in your history? For example, did the UK refuse to guarantee your independence? Or... something else funky? I honestly never play as Poland either, so I'm wondering if this is an AI-or-player-event type of issue.

@nigo: Thanks for the links. I'll check them out now and get back to you.

my bug report from last version

CTD in Xian Event and bug in United Front (china)
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum....0-for-AoD&p=12390719&viewfull=1#post12390719

I'm unsure of WHY this is crashing, but it isn't because of the "command = { type = peace which = CHC value = 0 }" line... let me explain why I rigged things this way:

For simplicity's sake, I forced peace in the first event if Nationalist China even OFFERS Communist China peace... because, well, as things have always worked in the HOI2 engine (tell me if things have changed!) a nation must be at peace with another country BEFORE it can enter an alliance with them... so, if Communist China and Nationalist China were already at war, they couldn't ally together unless they went to peace. This saved me from having to make these event chains even longer, especially because they exist for each Chinese faction. So, there are two possible "solutions":

1. Make this an AI event.
2. Expand the event chains to 3 events instead of 2, thereby multiplying the amount of events by... alot, since each faction gets them. Ugh. Not necessarily difficult, but superfluous, I think, when comparing this to solution 1.
3. Require Communist China (or any other faction) to already NOT be at war with Nationalist China... but then, not much of China will ever unify against Japan! I already had that command built into the event, but commented it out when I realized this.

Unfortunately many nations I added in SMEP do not have ministers, including Dietsland. Not a bug... just no content for me to add. I'm open to taking contributions to solve this issue with Dietsland and others.

The AI events popping up was for my testing purposes, and I'm still including them because I don't feel SMEP's AI events have been adequately tested. I don't write AI, so I just wanted to make SURE the correct AIs were being loaded... if this bothers you, you can edit it out. If ever SMEP has a "final" version they won't appear to the player :)

Unsure why I didn't actually paste 70444 in there... considering how I typed "Alt Unified Front???" with three question marks... that's usually how I type something when I'm confused. But as it's been years since I worked on this, I have no idea what I was confused about! Oh well. I added this in. Consider it "fixed"... unless I left it commented out for a reason and you just made me screw it up :)

Exactly what is meant by dead AI? As you may recall, I don't deal with AI... I just let the game run with the already-included AIs :) What are your suggestions to fix this?

Request: Here is what I need help with most right now!

I need help comparing the latest version of vanilla files to SMEP's files. I already went through the minister files. The area that concerns me most are the vanilla events that SMEP sleeps and has its own clones of. For example, I noticed something new about the German invasion of the USSR, according to the ai_ger.txt file. Something about surprise attack? I'm unsure... but that's what I mean. I'm afraid SMEP is a bit "left behind" when it comes to fixes applied to vanilla's events. I want to include those fixes in SMEP as well.

I'm particularly concerned with AI switches. For example, SMEP alters the behavior of how Germany behaves in the lead-up to the war with the USSR. I noticed today that Germany proudly proclaimed, via them, to have "CANCEL SEALION INVADE RUSSIA" but then continued on with Sealion. Then, after the USA joined the war, both "CANCEL SEALION" and "CANCEL RUSSIA INVASION BECAUSE OF USA" both fired. Odd. Then, as expected, in mid-1942 the USSR AI event "ATTACK GER" fired... but they haven't attacked. I need a few brave souls to hunt down the changes from vanilla to SMEP in the past few years...

Hello Atruejedi. Here are same changes I have found from the forums or made by myself to some of the files. Hope these help.

Attachments

• db.zip
    130,3 KB · Views: 114
I started a new game with the 1.08 patch and then installed this over it.

1936 Germany, did event chains to get me into WW2. Italy went after Greece and got DOWed by the Allies, I accepted them into the Axis which gave them a separate war with the Allies.
1941 I did Sealion and got the UK surrender event, installed Mosey to get UK as a puppet. After I did this everybody left the Axis. I retained my puppetted countries but inherited the UK's separate war against Italy. Since everyone left the Axis, including Germany and Italy, I found myself at war with Italy, which put a crimp in my plans to invade the Soviet Union.

Is this a fluke? Has anyone else noticed anything like this? What could cause everyone, including Germany, to leave the Axis after the event "Victory in the West"? Is that a criteria for the Axis, staying united until Victory in the West?

Hello Atruejedi. Here are same changes I have found from the forums or made by myself to some of the files. Hope these help.

Hello Julle. Do you know what the actual changes are which I should be looking for in those files?