• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Small Pedestrian Tunnel Entrance

gw1500se

Corporal
1 Badges
Oct 13, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
I have an intersection that needs a pedestrian tunnel. I've searched but all I can find are entrances that are huge compared to sidewalks. Tunnel entrances around here are perhaps 1/2 the width of sidewalks and may 3 times as long. Can someone point me to tunnel entrances that are of reasonable size? TIA.

I also found a related problem that seems to be pretty common but I've not found a solution. It seems I can't build tunnels themselves. When I select a pedestrian road (vanilla) it forces the start at an existing traffic intersection. Why? I can't get it to start off a road. In addition, this is the common problem I've found, the pgdn does not work. Creating a pedestrian tunnel under an intersection should not be rocket science.

You should be able to build pedestrian paths anywhere. They don't have to be connected to a road, though it's helpful, otherwise it likely won't be able to get pedestrians on it.

It can be hard to properly connect it sometimes when "road guidelines" are on.

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps I don't understand how to do it. When I try to add a tunnel next to an intersection, the blue circle immediately goes to the center of the intersection. Why would a pedestrian road start in the middle of an intersection rather than on a point on the sidewalk? When I try to use pgdn, nothing happens. So what do I do?

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps I don't understand how to do it. When I try to add a tunnel next to an intersection, the blue circle immediately goes to the center of the intersection. Why would a pedestrian road start in the middle of an intersection rather than on a point on the sidewalk? When I try to use pgdn, nothing happens. So what do I do?

I'm not sure if there actually are any pedestrian tunnel pieces if I'm honest.

My best suggestion is to use Move It and Road Anarchy to move your paths down with the ground and drag it under the road in some form of subway layout like in crap areas of the UK.

Thanks for the reply though it is disappointing. I gave up on bridges as they take up too much room and are not scalable based on road size. Now I have to give up on pedestrian tunnels too. This seems like a major flaw in the simulator and a mods hole that would be nice if someone filled. I wish I had the time, skill and knowledge to do it myself.

Thanks for the reply though it is disappointing. I gave up on bridges as they take up too much room and are not scalable based on road size. Now I have to give up on pedestrian tunnels too. This seems like a major flaw in the simulator and a mods hole that would be nice if someone filled. I wish I had the time, skill and knowledge to do it myself.

These ones aren't too bad for pedestrian overpasses.

they're extremely fiddly to place but with enough effort you'll be able to locate the blue circle entirely within a roadside zoning square. click to start the tunnel then go pgdn then drag

I have the mods for the overpass but cannot find a tutorial or instructions. I can place the stairs but I cannot figure out how to connect them to the bridges. pgup does not raise them. They are always at ground level.

hang on, are you trying to build tunnels with pedestrian roads (in the roads menu) or pedestrian paths (in the landscaping menu)?

Last edited: