• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wrong_user_logged

Corporal
7 Badges
Jul 5, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
I recently encountered a problem while trying to run Surviving Mars GP on my Mac M1 with 16 GB RAM. Unfortunately, the game is crashing and not even starting on Steam. I have been playing the game for a while now without any major issues, but this recent crash has left me unable to play.

I believe this issue may have been caused by a recent update to the game, as I have not encountered any problems with my system itself.
I tied to run the game and it's crashing. Not even starting. Does anyone have the same problem on M1 with Ventura or I'm isolated case?

I can post a long crash log, but I believe it's caused by the game update, not my system itself.

I would like to know if anyone else with a Mac M1 has encountered the same problem on M1 macs. If so, I would appreciate any information or advice on how to resolve the issue.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I recently encountered a problem while trying to run Surviving Mars GP on my Mac M1 with 16 GB RAM. Unfortunately, the game is crashing and not even starting on Steam. I have been playing the game for a while now without any major issues, but this recent crash has left me unable to play.

I believe this issue may have been caused by a recent update to the game, as I have not encountered any problems with my system itself.
I tied to run the game and it's crashing. Not even starting. Does anyone have the same problem on M1 with Ventura or I'm isolated case?

I can post a long crash log, but I believe it's caused by the game update, not my system itself.

I would like to know if anyone else with a Mac M1 has encountered the same problem on M1 macs. If so, I would appreciate any information or advice on how to resolve the issue.
I am having the same problem. I am running a Mac Studio M1 MAX with 64gb ram. I have also been playing the game with no trouble. I recently updated to Ventura 13.2.1 and was still able to play the game for a short while. I downloaded a DLC then went to get back into the game and was unable to. I am unsure of the problem is with the new Ventura update or if it was the DLC because they were both downloaded within the same hour.

Also I am running a MacBook Pro on Ventura 13.1 and the game runs but will not sync with Steam.

Works here, I can't install it via GOG cllient, but have to download offline backup (installation files), and after installation,
I just click on app file and game launches and works. (M1 Macbook Air 2020 model)

Works here, I can't install it via GOG cllient, but have to download offline backup (installation files), and after installation,
I just click on app file and game launches and works. (M1 Macbook Air 2020 model)
what's gog client?

i'm using the same laptop and app crashes the instant i open it (tried clearing cache and uninstall, reinstall multiple times)

Ohhh ok

At least we now know that issue with steam then
Screenshot 2023-02-25 at 18.17.51.png
Screenshot 2023-02-25 at 18.19.25.png

Unfortunately, the only way to play the game may be to request a refund from Steam and purchase it from a different vendor like GOG. It's disappointing that Paradox isn't doing more to maintain the game. They have a responsibility to their customers to ensure that the game is playable, and if there are technical issues preventing that, they should be actively working to resolve them with platforms like Steam or Apple. Gamers deserve to be able to enjoy the game they paid for.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 09.59.39.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-27 at 09.59.39.png
    200,3 KB · Views: 0
Unfortunately, the only way to play the game may be to request a refund from Steam and purchase it from a different vendor like GOG. It's disappointing that Paradox isn't doing more to maintain the game. They have a responsibility to their customers to ensure that the game is playable, and if there are technical issues preventing that, they should be actively working to resolve them with platforms like Steam or Apple. Gamers deserve to be able to enjoy the game they paid for.
Try from command line in MacOS folder, seems that after several launches in script one time it succeeds. On Gog it just needs one click on app.