• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(23556)

Captain
Dec 16, 2003
i cant seem to make the mexicans and central american into slaves(im playing as the mayas)
is it becourse im pagan or becourse you dont support slavery?
i have got a party that wants minoritys to be slaves

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but as far as I know you can't turn POPs into slaves without an event. Just by having a party in power that supports slavery won't get you any slaves. And you certainly can't have any slaves if slavery is illegal in your country (You can check your savegame to find that out.)

If you really want to enslave some or all of the Mexicans and Central Americans, you'd need to make an event that converted some or all of them into slave POPs, and even then it would only affect the pops you currently had. Therefore if you conquered some more territory, those POPS wouldn't automatically become slaves.

Find your country in the savegame file and see if there's a slaves = yes line. It should be right below the primitive = yes/no line. If there's nothing about slaves at all there, that means slavery is not allowed. Just add a slaves = yes line in there, then.

And although I believe you could go through all of the POPs in the savegame file and change their classification to slaves.. it would be a huge pain to do so. Really I think it would be easier to just make a recurring event with the event maker that's posted in this forum.

Or at least it would be easier for me - those savegame files are so big that wading through them in Wordpad takes forever. :p

a nother question relating to slaves.

can a liberal goverment change my goverment to make slavery illegal?
or what are the requirements for that to happen

edit.
can slaves move from one province to another?

You can't change your country's stand on slavery without events.

Slaves can't migrate.