Skirmishes against the IMRO not going away?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TalyonUngol

General
12 Badges
Jul 7, 2019
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
So... was doing the Condemn IMRO path for Bulgaria and got up to the last bit where you have to put divisions on these territories. I did that, and now I have a permament IMRO stability debuff and the Skirmishes against the IMRO debuff... whats going on?

Reactions:
It's a bug. Not sure if/when it will get fixed.

If you don't take the final IMRO decision, you're stuck with the final IMRO de-buff, but at least you don't get the terrible attrition from the "Skirmishes with the IMRO" in multiple of your core states.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Put least 3 divisions in Sofia bordering Macedonia, at least 5 in Plovdiv bordering Central Macedonia, at least 4 in Plovdiv bordering Thrace.
The number of divisions needed for it to trigger and for it to not cancel are different, I think they messed up the cancel triggers, as the tooltops text for them has the provinces wrong.
It will cancel if you have less than 3 in Sofia bordering Macedonia,, less than 5 in in Plovdiv bordering Central Macedonia, less than 2 in Plovdiv bordering Thrace.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Put least 3 divisions in Sofia bordering Macedonia, at least 5 in Plovdiv bordering Central Macedonia, at least 4 in Plovdiv bordering Thrace.
The number of divisions needed for it to trigger and for it to not cancel are different, I think they messed up the cancel triggers, as the tooltips text for them has the provinces wrong.
It will cancel if you have less than 3 in Sofia bordering Macedonia,, less than 5 in in Plovdiv bordering Central Macedonia, less than 2 in Plovdiv bordering Thrace.

Here's an image after the final decision is taken, and I see a green check mark next to the requirements, which I interpret as meaning that it won't cancel. But the decision always cancels soon after I select it, sticking me with the state modifier and the IMRO national spirit, worse off than before.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the green check mark? It is actually telling me that I don't meet the requirements, and that the decision is about to be canceled?

bulgaria imro units crop.jpg

UPDATE - it looks like I misinterpreted the green check mark. Below is the decision code, showing cancellation compared to activation requirements. Unless you looked at the cancellation code before taking the decision, I wouldn't have time to get units in the correct place to not have the decision instantly cancelled after I select it. Not sure why someone would have designed the code in such a way.

If I'm reading the below correctly, it looks like the following units would let you both select the decision AND remove the IMRO state modifiers and national spirit (if you keep your units in place for 60 days):

• 3 units in Sofia along the border with Macedonia
  • 5 units in Plovdiv along the border with Central Macedonia
  • 4 units in Plovdiv along the border with Thrace

@Keishou can you confirm if you've been able to successfully remove the "Skirmishing against the IMRO" state modifier and the IMRO national spirit with this decision?

Code:
    BUL_repress_imro_destroy_organization  = {

available = {
            divisions_in_border_state = { #SOFIA - Macedonia
                size > 1
                state = 48
                border_state = 106
            }
            divisions_in_border_state = { #PLOVDIV - Central Macedonia
                size > 3
                state = 212
                border_state = 731
            }
            divisions_in_border_state = { #PLOVDIV - Thrace
                size > 3
                state = 212
                border_state = 184
            }      
        }

cancel_trigger = {
            OR = {             
             custom_trigger_tooltip = {
                    tooltip = BUL_destroy_imro_divisions_thrace_tt
                    divisions_in_border_state = {
                        type = infantry
                        size < 3
                        state = 48
                        border_state = 106
                    }
                }
                    tooltip = BUL_destroy_imro_divisions_macedonia_tt
                        type = infantry
                        size < 5
                        state = 212
                        border_state = 731
                    }
                }
                    tooltip = BUL_destroy_imro_divisions_central_macedonia_tt
                        type = infantry
                        size < 2
                        state = 212
                        border_state = 184
                    }
                }
           }
        }

• 2Like
Reactions:
1606510067519.png

1606510103126.png

Yes, it gets removed, and the timed event does show the requirements for it to not cancel. I still feel it's a bug that the trigger and cancel triggers aren't in line with eachother.
Edit: There is one province bordering both Central Macedona and Thrace, put 5 armies there to lessen the losses, as shown on the screenshot.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just confirmed this works. Like it was mentioned above, you only need 8 units, positioned in the provinces shown below (the red colored army), and it will satisfy the requirements to launch the decision and keep it from canceling.

This would be so much more intuitive if the requirements to keep the mission from getting canceled were the same as those to start the mission.

After letting the decision complete, it removed the national spirit and the state level "Skirmishes against the IMRO" modifiers. There is no manpower requirement, as I used 8 divs with a single infantry battalion to make the attrition less painful.

I think you might be permanently hosed if the "Destroy IMRO Remnants" cancels due to troops not being in the correct provinces, since I don't see a way to trigger that IMRO mission again. You probably need to start a new save, and follow the advice in this thread to fix the issue.

imro_removal_1.jpg
imro_removal_2.jpg
imro_removal_3.jpg
imro_removal_4.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
wow, experienced this as well. put my troops to start the focus, left them there until they were almost down to 1% strenght. any notice on the focus was nowhere to be seen so i withdrew my troops to recover. read the comments about different roop requirments, replaced my troops, watching them suffer again for months now with no changes. this bug is game breaking

Has this still not been fixed?

dont believe so i haven't seen any info stating that its been patched, but i haven't played Bulgaria for this exact reason in a long while, so I could be wrong.

Nope. Maybe in the next patch.

Just wanted to leave a friendly reminder for those who posted recently. The issue with the IMRO spirit not going away is a UI bug more than anything else. What gets most people confused (and what got me at the start of this thread) is that requirements to activate the decision are different from the requirements to prevent it from canceling.

If you place 8 units in the exact location shown in my post from Nov 28th, and keep them there until the decision completes, you will be able to remove the IMRO modifier as intended.

The tooltip for this decision needs to look like the below in order for the decision to activate and complete successfully. The red X at the bottom of the tooltip is trying to tell you that "the decision won't instantly cancel".

imro_cropped.jpg

If you see a green checkmark at the bottom paragrah, that means "Yes, this decision will instantly cancel". This will stick you with the IMRO modifiers forever, since you won't be able to take this decision again on that particular save. So don't click the decision if the tooltip for the "Instantly cancelled if:" looks like the below!

imro about to cancel.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: