• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Krantz said:
Älvsborgs Län
shieldlvsborgse2.png

smallshieldlvsborgqi1.png

Göteborgs Län
shieldgteborgov7.png

smallshieldgteborgiv6.png

Kristianstads Län
shieldkristianstadqu3.png

smallshieldkristianstadpo7.png

Skaraborgs Län
shieldskarakv0.png

smallshieldskaraborgtg4.png

Bohus Län
shieldbohuslnpd4.png

smallshieldbohuslnwx1.png
I'm sorry to say this Krantz, but I would prefer to do the shields myself, to use the same colour scheme and make the shields work with each other.. I'm sorry I didn't say this before.

edit: Those I have done before btw.

Krantz said:
Well the cultures we have added for the mod are also not really homogeneous. They are not so simple as the Landsdel Norrland, Götaland, Svealand, if you go after some factory!

Dialect splits Halland in Götaland and Skåneland
Dialect splits Blekinge in Götaland and Skåneland
Even southern Småland have dialects more friendly to Skåne.
Denmark also owned some parts of Småland if you look on this site to the right on the picture over Denmark; http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikingatiden
Halland and Blekinge are much closer to Scania than to Götaland culturally. Fittign name for it would either be Scanian or Eastern Danish. Dalecarlian (inkl. Elfdalian), Jamtsk and Gutnish should IMHO be included.
Krantz said:
But why bouther about that! Now when we have decided to use the Landsdel!

Götaland are from the Götar that united whit the Svear to create Sweden.
Svealand are a name after a reform in 15 century, before that the area was called nordanskog/northenforest. Sounds like there where no civilization above Götaland :p
Of course, everything above Uppsala has always been uninhabited until the glorious kings of Sweden decided to settle the land :rolleyes:
Actually Norwegians made it all the way to Hälsingland which is shown clearly in the Dalsbo area.
Krantz said:
The timeframe;
1634 are a good start if we want to have a easy hunt after Länsmän in Finland and Sweden. And 1998 as an end after the reform in Sweden.

English
Län have existed before 1634, but what happened in 1634, changed all things, every Län was given an Länsstyrelse and Landshövding.
Even if the titel have existed before from 1580. The reform where made to make all Län to become as big as the Swedish Landskap. In the practic there should take even until 1719 before that was changed!
Before that there existed many other sorts of provinces, hundreds, Dukeprovinces, fogderi, county and more.

Swedish
Län hade funnits redan innan. Det som skedde 1634 var en reform av länsförvaltningen då varje län fick en länsstyrelse och en landshövding i ledningen. Dock hade titeln landshövding varit i bruk i en del län sedan 1580-talet. Avsikten med 1634 års regeringsform var att införa en enhetlig länsförvaltning med län som var landskapsstora. I praktiken skulle det dock dröja tills 1719 innan denna princip genomfördes. Dessförinnan fanns det flera olika förvaltningsområden såsom hertigdömen, generalguverment och mindre slottslän som ingick i änkedrottningarnas livgeding.
Landshövdingar/länstyrelse was appointed by the king and usually lacked any ties to the area he was given to govern.
This wont be a historical scenario since then there wouldn't be any läns at all ;)
Jamtland for example got it's first landshövding in 1810 (25 years after the first Swedish town was established).

SunZyl said:
Scanian, IMO as Skåne became swedish in 1658 and during the 17th and 18th century was very swedified. :p
Yeah, the traitor scums who terrorized the local population got to taste Swedish justice.
Sweden actually liberated the land
jajjebus.gif

deallus said:
Like you "liberated" Båhuslen and Jemtland/Herjedalen?
Dude, sarcasm ;) SunZyl has obvious problems (just like most Scanians today) acknowledging any ties to Denmark.
Sweden didn't liberate anything actually.

Sleepyhead said:
Dude, sarcasm ;) SunZyl has obvious problems (just like most Scanians today) acknowledging any ties to Denmark.
Ah, ok..

Let's just agree that Denmark has screwed us all and be done with it :D

Krantz said:
sorry! I have asked you many times to make these Län from 1998, so I started to make them my self in the stile you have used. :(

I think they are in the same color, or? :confused:
I've done them before, and I thought I'd sent them to you. Thought I'd sent the flags as well, but I can't find neither. I will finish the graphics when I get my computer or get a new one. We're not in that much of a hurry, are we?

Sleepyhead said:

I have no problems at all acknowledging ties to Denmark. I just think that due to this so called 'liberation' (and I do agree with 'liberation', rather than liberation), scanian is a better choice. :) In fact, being danes would be better than swedes. ;) Although a free Skåne is best.

@Krantz
I don't really understands from your posts if you already knows this, but Skåneland is in fact a samlingsnamn for Skåne, Halland and Blekinge. Thus Halland is just as much 'Skåneland' as Skåne... ;)

Krantz said:
1.Halland and Blekinge where close to Skåne but also close to Götaland.
We don't know that.
Halland and Blekinge could also have been Swedish before they become Danish 9 century. If you read some history in the futher!
And you don't even now what Finnveden or Värend are as all other Swedes.
Finnveden and Värend also had strong relations to Denmark.
Viking crusades in England and family marriage on both side the border and much more. Northern Halland where part of Västergötland in the middle age, they also talk göta mål. Finnveden and Värend are inhabited whit people that talk a close dialect to Skåneland.
Sweden didn't exist in the 9th century and there were no lingustic differances since everybody spoke Old Norse. But why is that of any relevance?
Krantz said:
2. No you are wrong in this text also, The area had so many inhabitans that they needed to move from the area, One Landskap in Norway are still telling us about them.
:confused:
Krantz said:
3.No you are wrong, we can go even longer back in time whit Län.
Västernorrland where created 1762 and owned also Jämtland Län until 1810.
But before 1762 I don't know yet, I will come back to this question later on!
So you're saying it's a good idea to create a huge Västernorrlands län country in the middle of Scandinavia?

AFAIK this is suposed to be a fantasy mod starting in the 17th century where one gets to play small Scandinavian nations. Why do you insist on using a system created by the Swedish state as a base for nations? It makes no sense at all to me. None of these places had monarchs so why not create fantasy ones? Landshövdingar were rarely popular and one still have to create stats and make everything as balanced as possible either case.
That's why I offered to help with the middle area, plus to give the provinces better names than simply east/west/north/south.

That's not what I meant, I'm just asking why. The only thing one can make (somewhat) historical is the culture stetup. Big nations in EU2 always win because of more goods production and more provinces to raise troops for, having gigantic nations in the north will give them a better position than those in the south.

One should IMO make the provinces and assign cultures first. Then decide what nations deserves to be in.

Sleepyhead said:
That's not what I meant, I'm just asking why. The only thing one can make (somewhat) historical is the culture stetup. Big nations in EU2 always win because of more goods production and more provinces to raise troops for, having gigantic nations in the north will give them a better position than those in the south.

One should IMO make the provinces and assign cultures first. Then decide what nations deserves to be in.

Erm... Have you actually LOOKED at the map ingame? The countries in the north are larger, and have larger provinces. The on most to the north have like four provs.

@Krantz
I actually agree, you are being a bit childish...