• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

deallus

Northern Star
40 Badges
May 7, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
Skandinavia Ultimatis is the name of my complete map remake based on the current Scandinavian national provinces.

COMPLETE:
Greenland
Iceland
Faroe Islands
Norway
Sweden
Finland
Denmark
Estonia
Latvia
Lithuania
Temp. Russia
Temp. Belarus
Temp. Poland
British Isles (incl. Shetland, Orkneys)
Coastal Canada

CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION:

PLANNED:

NEED SOURCE IMAGES FOR:

NEED ASSISTANCE WITH:
Merging provinces due to clickability issues
Splitting large non-scandinavian provinces
province.csv
scenario files

Last edited:
And the award for the most unpronouncable province names in the history of EU2 goes to...!

DEALLUS!!! Congratulations! here have a golden exclamation mark ! :D

Nice maps. I am going to be really stupid and inquire that these maps will not include ROTW? Just those you state as going to be done?

About the Iceland map, there are some weird PTI (e.g. the circle in Snaffles Bar :D )

yours
Ayeshteni.

P.S. Look forward to the rest of the maps (and the inevitable scenario it is for)

A.

Ayeshteni said:
And the award for the most unpronouncable province names in the history of EU2 goes to...!
With some knowledge of scandinavian languages they are very easy to pronounciate.

Ayeshteni said:
DEALLUS!!! Congratulations! here have a golden exclamation mark ! :D
Thanks.. :)

Ayeshteni said:
Nice maps. I am going to be really stupid and inquire that these maps will not include ROTW? Just those you state as going to be done?
Nope, Scandinavia is the entire world in this remake.

Ayeshteni said:
About the Iceland map, there are some weird PTI (e.g. the circle in Snaffles Bar :D )
It's Snæfellsbær. The PTI circle is the glacier around Snæfell mountain. All glaciers in Iceland is PTI, since it is a large part of Iceland, and virtually impassable.

deallus said:
Skandinavia Ultimatis is the name of my complete map remake based on the current Scandinavian national provinces.

COMPLETE:
Greenland
Iceland
Faroe Islands
Norway
Sweden

Finland

PLANNED:
Denmark
Shetland
Orkneys
Estonia
Latvia
Lithuania
Coastal Canada
Coastal Russia
Coastal Schleswig-Holstein
Coastal Scotland
Ahem, why not to include Polotsk region too? I believe it traditionally was a part of Scandinavian influences. :)

Herr Doctor said:
Ahem, why not to include Polotsk region too? I believe it traditionally was a part of Scandinavian influences. :)
1. This is not a historical map remake, it is a current map remake.
2. Shetland, Orkneys, all baltic countries, Schleswig-Holstein, coastal Scotland and coastal Russia is prioritized waaay before this. The longer away from the coast you get, the less probably is it to be in this map remake. Polotsk isn't in any way close enough to the coast.

deallus said:
1. This is not a historical map remake, it is a current map remake.
2. Shetland, Orkneys, all baltic countries, Schleswig-Holstein, coastal Scotland and coastal Russia is prioritized waaay before this. The longer away from the coast you get, the less probably is it to be in this map remake. Polotsk isn't in any way close enough to the coast.
Is this going to be a viking scenario/map/mod?

Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, the Baltics, North-Western Russia, Northern Belarus, Northern Poland, Northern Schleswig-Holstein:

!! Warning - large image (13,0 MB) !!

Last edited:
Well, it hardly helps knowing any Scandinavian language as long as the names on Greenland are Inuit and not Norwegian/Danish ...

THIS IS JUST GREAT! I am really looking forward to playing it! :) :) :) :)

In the name of all that is Holy!!! :eek:

I think the computer will spit out the HD if anyone tries to play on that!
A trully impressive map, however there are some reeeeeeeeeeeeeally small provinces in there (around Stockholm and Finnish SW Coast) that are hard to see never mind read their names. I am guessing the tax and manpower values will really have to be cut. Hundreds of Thousands of troops marauding across the map.

I am really interested to see where this is all going mind.

yours
Ayeshteni

Ayeshteni said:
I think the computer will spit out the HD if anyone tries to play on that!
A trully impressive map, however there are some reeeeeeeeeeeeeally small provinces in there (around Stockholm and Finnish SW Coast) that are hard to see never mind read their names. I am guessing the tax and manpower values will really have to be cut. Hundreds of Thousands of troops marauding across the map.
I know about this, and I will eventually remove all non-clickable provinces. Not sure how large they need to be though.

deallus said:

COMPLETE:
Greenland
Iceland
Faroe Islands
Norway
Sweden
Finland

PLANNED:
Denmark
Shetland
Orkneys
Estonia
Latvia
Lithuania
Coastal Canada
Coastal Russia
Coastal Scotland

NEED SOURCE IMAGES FOR:
Shetland
Orkneys
Latvia
Coastal Canada
Coastal Russia
Coastal Scotland

Fy faen :rolleyes: utrolig flott gjort :)

But how can I use these maps in game? Or are they just to look at? ;)
(If to use, explain my how - in detail Im a stupid newbie)

Im an geographer and Im impressed

Hilsen fra Baden :)

Loeffle said:
Fy faen :rolleyes: utrolig flott gjort :)

But how can I use these maps in game? Or are they just to look at? ;)
(If to use, explain my how - in detail Im a stupid newbie)

Im an geographer and Im impressed

Hilsen fra Baden :)
Eventually, the .eu2map file will be released, when that is done, everyone is free to import the map into the game, using Inferis map tools.

This would be lovely to make a viking scenario with, or perhaps a remake of the old Svea Rike/Crown of the North.

EDIT: Also, the province Ekerö has the text Ekerö written on the wrong island (the island is really called Färingsö, I know, cause I live there) but I am guessing you are using the muncipalities (kommuner) for the province names?

HoChiMinh said:
This would be lovely to make a viking scenario with, or perhaps a remake of the old Svea Rike/Crown of the North.

EDIT: Also, the province Ekerö has the text Ekerö written on the wrong island (the island is really called Färingsö, I know, cause I live there) but I am guessing you are using the muncipalities (kommuner) for the province names?
Yes, I use the municipality names for the provinces. If I didn't, this remake would be taking much much longer time.

That is the logical choice I suppose.

I am guessing though that either you will be making the map larger or you will scrap most of the tiny provinces to make it playable, so Ekerö will prolly go anyway.