• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
cool-toxic said:
I call it a color error.

As long as it is fixed does it matter? :D

Look forward to developments.
Ayeshteni

I could need some advice on which provinces should be merged due to clickability issues. If you guys want to help, there's a whole list of stuff in the first post I could need assistance with, the list will be updated as the project continues.

Last edited:
A few suggestions for merging in Sweden... (and Åland)
All provinces in Åland proper merged into one (Mariehamn perhaps)
Knivsta + Sigtuna + Upplandsbro + Håbo -> Sigtuna
Upplands Väsby + Sollentuna + Järfälla + Solna +Täby + Danderyd + Waxholm + Lidingö + Nacka + Stockholm + Ekerö + Österåker -> Stockholm (phew! That was a lot of provinces)
Huddinge + Haninge + Botkyrka + Salem -> Huddinge
Tyresö + Haninge -> Haninge
Södertälje + Nykvarn -> Södertälje

I live in Stockholm and I think this is a great way to divide it all, mainly because it merges all the miniprovinces and muncipalities in greater stockholm into one area. As for Österåker, it was the only place I thought suitable, plus it'll make Stockholm look better as a province. As for the provinces south of town... I took some artistic liberty. As for Värmdö, I opted to perhaps iunclude it into Stockholm, but that would be wrong as the peninsula isn't actually part of the town in any way, and the only other province I could think of putting it in would be the new Nynäshamn... but that would be wrong geographically.

As for Åland... well, if Gotland is one province, Åland should be as well! (perhaps Öland should be merged also?)

HoChiMinh said:
A few suggestions for merging in Sweden... (and Åland)
All provinces in Åland proper merged into one (Mariehamn perhaps)
Upplands Väsby + Sollentuna + Järfälla + Solna +Täby + Danderyd + Waxholm + Lidingö + Nacka + Stockholm + Ekerö + Österåker -> Stockholm (phew! That was a lot of provinces)
Södertälje + Nykvarn -> Södertälje

I live in Stockholm and I think this is a great way to divide it all, mainly because it merges all the miniprovinces and muncipalities in greater stockholm into one area. As for Österåker, it was the only place I thought suitable, plus it'll make Stockholm look better as a province. As for the provinces south of town... I took some artistic liberty. As for Värmdö, I opted to perhaps iunclude it into Stockholm, but that would be wrong as the peninsula isn't actually part of the town in any way, and the only other province I could think of putting it in would be the new Nynäshamn... but that would be wrong geographically.

As for Åland... well, if Gotland is one province, Åland should be as well! (perhaps Öland should be merged also?)
This map is based on the current municipality borders, that's why Åland has many more provinces than Gotland. Gotlands län only made up of Gotlands kommun, Åland is made up of 16 kommuns. The difference in province numbers will be remedied in the province.csv-editing, giving all läns about the same in basic tax value and such. I will probably split Gotland into more provinces, otherwise it would be a one-province-nation.

All suggestions are noted :)

HoChiMinh said:
Well, where do you want Haninge? :D

HoChiMinh said:
Is this for clickability issues, or just for good looks? :p

Last edited:
This map is based on the current municipality borders, that's why Åland has many more provinces than Gotland. Gotlands län only made up of Gotlands kommun, Åland is made up of 16 kommuns. The difference in province numbers will be remedied in the province.csv-editing, giving all läns about the same in basic tax value and such. I will probably split Gotland into more provinces, otherwise it would be a one-province-nation.

All suggestions are noted :)
Aware of that, and thank you.. and also, I wrote taht Värmdö was a peninsula... it is supposed to say that the commune is a part of the achipelago of Stockholm (or rather, it has parts of the archipelago in it).

Well, where do you want Haninge? :D
Uh... oops. I want haninge in the second proposal.

Is this for clickability issues, or just for good looks? :p
Balance. If you make stockholm one as I said, then having it possible to enter three provinces to the north (or rather four) wouldn't be very well, would it?

HoChiMinh said:
Balance. If you make stockholm one as I said, then having it possible to enter three provinces to the north (or rather four) wouldn't be very well, would it?
You've got a good point there, but wouldn't it be possible to change this by dividing the suggested Stockholm province in two provinces? A western and an eastern one? Västra/Östra Stockholm?

Obviously, I know very little about Stockholm, so I really appreciate any local knowledge! :)

deallus said:
You've got a good point there, but wouldn't it be possible to change this by dividing the suggested Stockholm province in two provinces? A western and an eastern one? Västra/Östra Stockholm?

Obviously, I know very little about Stockholm, so I really appreciate any local knowledge! :)

Well, you could divide it if you wanted to, however the division in eastern /western stockholm is a bit too artificial for my tastes. The best I can think of would be to make Sollentuna, Solna, Järfälla, Täby, Danderyd and Upplands Väsby into one province (Dunno about the name... Upplands väsby comes close to hand, but the all the kommuns there are about the same size (people-wise) and equally significant)., and making Ekerö one as well (Ekerö should also only be accessable from the east (Stockhoml province) as all the bridges go that way.

HoChiMinh said:
Well, you could divide it if you wanted to, however the division in eastern /western stockholm is a bit too artificial for my tastes. The best I can think of would be to make Sollentuna, Solna, Järfälla, Täby, Danderyd and Upplands Väsby into one province (Dunno about the name... Upplands väsby comes close to hand, but the all the kommuns there are about the same size (people-wise) and equally significant)., and making Ekerö one as well (Ekerö should also only be accessable from the east (Stockhoml province) as all the bridges go that way.
OK, now I've done some changes to Stockholm in my map:

- Sollentuna + Solna + Järfälla + Täby + Danderyd + Upplands Väsby -> Upplands Väsby
- Salem + Botkyrka + Huddinge -> Huddinge
- Södertälje + Nykvarn -> Södertälje
- Haninge + Tyresö -> Haninge
- Stockholm + Nacka + Vaxholm + Lidingö -> Stockholm

The remade Stockholm area:
stockholm.gif

Looks much better, though if it aisn't too much trouble, could you draw a small line on your screenshot to show how the islands are divided, so we know you haven't made some odd divison there? ^^

HoChiMinh said:
Looks much better, though if it aisn't too much trouble, could you draw a small line on your screenshot to show how the islands are divided, so we know you haven't made some odd divison there? ^^
Here you go.. :)
stockholm-2.gif

Other changes made to scandinavia:

Norway:
- Rælingen + Lørenskog -> Nedre Romerike
- Skedsmo + Gjerdrum -> Øvre Romerike
- Oppegård + Ås + Frogn + Nesodden + Ski -> Follo

Finland:
- Viiala + Toijala + Kylmäkoski -> Kylmäkoski
- Mietoinen + Askainen -> Mietoinen
- Raisio + Rusko + Vahto -> Vahto
- Kodosjoki has been split between Rauma (FIN) and Laitilia
- Tuusula + Järvenpää + Kerava -> Tuusula
- Kuusankoski + Kouvola -> Kouvola

All the unclickables I could see last night.. Not updated on the posted map, only on mine.

in addition, I have made the PTI of Iceland and Greenland a darker shade than the rest, so it shows.

Last edited:
:D

Looking better every day.

(dreamily contemplates these changes for CK)
Ayeshteni

For denmark, you might want to have the copenhagen CoA, I did it myself from a stained glass window:
EDIT: If you want the source image, I can provide that as well.

King of Minors said:
For denmark, you might want to have the copenhagen CoA, I did it myself from a stained glass window:
EDIT: If you want the source image, I can provide that as well.
Well, I thought I'd have the new 5 regions as danish nations, I think I will create arms for them based on the old regions they are made up of. I appreciate the COA, but I don't think it will be used.. The Copenhagen part of the Hovedstaden region will be based on this:

kobenhav.jpg

deallus said:
Well, I thought I'd have the new 5 regions as danish nations, I think I will create arms for them based on the old regions they are made up of. I appreciate the COA, but I don't think it will be used.. The Copenhagen part of the Hovedstaden region will be based on this:

kobenhav.jpg
OK. You do know that Copenhagen kommune isn't actually (AFAIK) a part of the new hovedstads region?

King of Minors said:
OK. You do know that Copenhagen kommune isn't actually (AFAIK) a part of the new hovedstads region?
According to a map of the new region borders made by the danish government, that is not true.. It would also be strange to call a region hovedstaden (the capitol) without having the capitol of Denmark.. ;)

graphics-danmark.gif

From left to right: Hovedstaden, Sjælland, Syddanmark, Midtjylland, Nordjylland