• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here's a map (in Swedish, but I think you'll get by :rolleyes: ) which might clear up the situation in Estonia/Livonia a little:
livland8xu.jpg

The Scandinavian map looks amazing, it's so amazing that my computer here at work crashes as soon as I try to show it.... :D
I guess I'll have to wait until I get home...

I had a look at the Scandinavia-map yesterday, truly a beautiful map!

I have a few questions though.
Some muncipalities didn't exist in the EU2-timeframe e.g. Tidaholm and Kiruna, this might not be an issue though.
Turku meets borders to five(!) provinces in one point, which isn't very good. The map will be less confusing if provinces don't meet more than three at a time.
Another issue-which-might-not-be-an-issue is that the uneven distribution of provinces between e.g. western and eastern Finland will make moving between the north and south go A LOT faster in eastern Finland than in western Finland. This might give birth to some unexpected results.

Btw, how long will moving from Nordkapp to Skåne take?

You better hurry up with Denmark, otherwise the number of provinces will be cut from 200 to 80 IIRC, as the kommunes will be redrawn.
(and we can't have a Denmark with only 80 provinces, now can we?) :p

Hallsten said:
I had a look at the Scandinavia-map yesterday, truly a beautiful map!

Hallsten said:
I have a few questions though.
Some muncipalities didn't exist in the EU2-timeframe e.g. Tidaholm and Kiruna, this might not be an issue though.
Turku meets borders to five(!) provinces in one point, which isn't very good. The map will be less confusing if provinces don't meet more than three at a time.
The EU2 timeframe is completely irrelevant. The province-border-point-thingie is on my to-do-list as of now :)

Hallsten said:
Another issue-which-might-not-be-an-issue is that the uneven distribution of provinces between e.g. western and eastern Finland will make moving between the north and south go A LOT faster in eastern Finland than in western Finland. This might give birth to some unexpected results.
Since this map is based completely of modern municipalities, this will have to be remedied with creative .csv-file-editing, adding more eastern finnish provinces is not an option.

Hallsten said:
Btw, how long will moving from Nordkapp to Skåne take?
As the map is now, it will take very short time at sea, but insanely much time inland. Could be fun to add some movement-bonus for certain provinces, like highways and such (if possible) :D

King of Minors said:
You better hurry up with Denmark, otherwise the number of provinces will be cut from 200 to 80 IIRC, as the kommunes will be redrawn.
(and we can't have a Denmark with only 80 provinces, now can we?) :p
A Denmark with 80 provinces would solve a lot of problems concerning clickability.. :) Do you have maps or such of the new kommune borders?

deallus said:
A Denmark with 80 provinces would solve a lot of problems concerning clickability.. :) Do you have maps or such of the new kommune borders?
I was wondering what are you going to do with Copenhagen?
I think there would be a clickability problem.
We will see when you are done:D

cool-toxic said:
I was wondering what are you going to do with Copenhagen?
I think there would be a clickability problem.
We will see when you are done:D
I don't know yet, but it is obvious that I cannot have all the kommunes I want.

deallus said:
Since this map is based completely of modern municipalities, this will have to be remedied with creative .csv-file-editing, adding more eastern finnish provinces is not an option.

As the map is now, it will take very short time at sea, but insanely much time inland. Could be fun to add some movement-bonus for certain provinces, like highways and such (if possible) :D

Regarding movement there's no movement bunus, but there's a movement penalty-column in provinces.csv. Adding lots of movement-time to the big inland provinces is a no-brainer, but it might be hard to make the change significant enough to matter.

Regardless though, nice map and I'm looking forward to seeing it in action... :)

cool-toxic said:
Hey Deallus your link is dead i can´t see your maps can you fix the links?

thanks!

I HATE my web space provider! They have set a 30 MB limit on my space without letting me know (on anything else than the account e-mail, which I haven't checked ever), and have started randomly deleting files to get down to 30 MB.. :(

Anyone know about a good, free web space provider/web storage thingie?

deallus said:
but imageshack haven't got FTP, have they?

UNfortunatley, no. But, you don't really need FTP to upload pictures, do you? You could just as easily upload it using the web interface. Unless off course you want to upload a lot of pictures at the same time...

HoChiMinh said:
UNfortunatley, no. But, you don't really need FTP to upload pictures, do you? You could just as easily upload it using the web interface. Unless off course you want to upload a lot of pictures at the same time...
That's exactly my point, I need to be able to upload lots of pictures at once.