• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(52751)

Captain
Jan 11, 2006
bunkerarchaeology.net
Hi,

I read somewhere that Core offered "Single Ships" as a feature. Does that mean that the destroyer or sub flotillas are divided into individual units, as in TRP?

I really hope not, as it was so tedious in TRP to manage hundreds of the smaller vessels and I found myself just not bothering to build them... I liked the idea in vanilaa HoI or AoD of representing a squadron of subs, as I would imagine 1 - 3 would be on station, 2 voyaging out or back to base, and 1 or 2 on R&R, so a stack of 6 subs would actually only represent 6 - 18 active subs, which is actually on the small side for some of the more concentrated Atlantic convoy battles (~40 subs in some cases, IIRC?). Compare that to managing a mega-stack of 40 subs, which though would not be unrealistic I guess, just unwieldly for the player.

cheers,

kilolima

Well, it is just that... Albeit one of the less fortunate design choices, in hindsight. Not so much out of a micromanagement perspective, but we had to massively tweak things to get it to work on a realistic level. Though I definitely wouldn't recommend putting them into super stacks of 40...