• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(736035)

Recruit
1 Badges
May 9, 2013
  • Leviathan: Warships
I was trying to beat the campaign before delving into multiplayer, but I'm stuck on mission 9. How do I defeat the construct in the boss battle in mission 9? I've tried a variety of tactics and fleet configurations and nothing seems to work.

Here's how I did it:

3 interceptors

2 armed with Pegasus autocannons on ONE side(port) and rocket batteries on the starboard side with shields.
1 armed with Barbosa autocannons on ONE side, nothing on the other, shields.

Sail the Barbosa-armed one up to visual range with the Construct and have it aim its cannons broadside.

Meanwhile, move the other two near the bottom of the map at a comfortable Pegasus range with their autocannon sides facing the Construct.

When that little green dot on its head is visible, it's vulnerable. Autocannons will fire at will and the rocket batteries need to be manually targeted to bombard it from above. Use the shields liberally, as the Construct's beam weapon is a beast with infinite range. From there, it should work itself out.