• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SkyLiner

Recruit
9 Badges
Mar 13, 2015
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
One photo, many a derp

So, I have this public transport terminal in the part of city unconnected by road with other parts. This is why I built the metro station:
2015-04-14_00002.jpg

Then, I added a piece of one-way road (to the right) and what happened next? The game created a silly "bus stop" (on the left side of a one-way road!) that sort of acts like a metro stop.
Now I see cims walk all around that bunch of trees to reach this phantom stop where they just seem to be waiting for the bus that never comes. However, when a metro train comes to the stop and leaves, cims miraculously teleport onto the train and appear to be riding on it normally.
The metro stop officially serves 0 passengers, even though each train regularly carries hundreds. o_O

Another glitch here is with the buses. Although blue and orange lines follow a very similar route along a densely populated area, my silly cims only seem to like the blue line. Orange never carries more than 3 people, blue is always full to the max.
I thought my cims are too shy to use the humble pedestrian crossing, so I made them this elevated path, expecting this would relax them and make them go orange, but no! Not a single person has ever crossed it (that I know of) and the poor orange line is still sadly unpopular.

Finally, because they end up waiting for the bus for too long, many cims even resort to walking like, one kilometer to the center.
I guess some people just prefer physical to mental workout. :cool:

Update:

I extended the subway line (this stop used to be terminal), and then the mysterious "bus stop" disappeared!? Which is fine. And the subway station now actually serves some people. Cool!

However, my one-way road which leads from cargo train station to cargo harbor now gets jammed from time to time:

Capturee.JPG

...and for no freaking reason!

Take this truck for example: he is on his way to his beloved cargo harbor (marked with a yellow arrow). So he is totally like, 200 meters of perfectly clear road away from home. And yet, he just grinded to a halt, creating a nice mess behind him. Why has he stopped in his tracks? I have no idea. But I do know that cims aren't intelligent enough to switch lanes and go around him.
After some time, the truck just vanished. And this keeps happening every now and then, at this spot only, and with random cargo vehicles.
I say this spot is haunted. o_O

In other news, after the subway extension, my cims are using the blue bus line way less than before. The orange line is still being hated. Maybe I should change its color. :D

Last edited:
Still in the same category: here's the very first airplane landing at my very first airport ever.
Isn't he just lovely? :)

11.jpg
12.jpg

It's all great, I have a nice bus line serving the airport and an even nicer metro line stretching across the city with a stop here.

Planes are bringing me tourists and I love it.

But, when my beloved airplanes go for a takeoff, they do it like this:

t9db74v.gif

Ouch. :confused: :D