• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fasquardon

Colonel
70 Badges
Sep 27, 2002
Visit site
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
So, "Children of the Fatherland" is full to the brim, and there is some interest by people in starting a second game. As yet, there is not sufficient interest to justify a second game, with only 3 people expressing a concrete interest, rising to 4 people after August. There needs to be another 3 players able to commit to make for a viable game really. I thought I'd create this signup thread so people visiting the forums could see there was a possible game open and to provide a place to "rally the troops" so to speak, rather than a second game only being something mentioned from time to time in the COTF discussions, and getting lost in the noise.

My general thoughts are these (I provide these thoughts only as a framework for discussion, and they should not be read as orders from on high):

* "Children of the Motherland" would have the same rules and basic setup as "Children of the Fatherland", as it avoids duplication of effort, and allows for cooperation on such things as converter writing and testing, rule discussions and the like.

* "Same basic setup" does not mean players would have to choose the same countries and dynasties players have chosen in "Children of the Fatherland". Players can choose what they like subject to the next point.

* If "Children of the Motherland" has less players than "Children of the Fatherland" (which is likely) then the players would choose a region for players to all start in. Eg. to all start in western europe, central europe or the near east. This would be so players all start close enough to interact after the initial expansion phase, rather than the first century of the game being basically SP with more crashes.

If you are interested in joining, post what countries/dynasties you would be interested in and what days and times you would like to play.

fasquardon

So, while I already have a possible place in COTF, I'd be interested in join COTM instead if at least 6 other players could commit, as less people means less crashing.

My preferred days/times are:

*Saturday during the current NSRAN timeslot.

*Very early GMT on the week would suit me well, like say, Wednesday morning (like 2 or 4 am GMT)

Preferred countries:

Egypt or Flanders

fasquardon

One of the reasons I expressed interest was the time slot. Preferred region: western Europe; no specific preferences as to which entity - except perhaps my homeland, Holland.
Also, to me it seems reasonable that everyone start with comparable starting entities. It seems unfair that one is King of England while another is Count of Ostfriesland.

i may be intrested to play saterday but what time is the current nsran timeslot ?

flandren prefert

1500-1900 hours GMT

fasquardon

im intrested then, i might have to work occasionally for part of that timeperiod but atm i dont expect much till september

Assuming this is going down, I would be interested to!

Prefered states:
Apulia;
Croatia;
Lombardy;
Croatia.

im intrested then, i might have to work occasionally for part of that timeperiod but atm i dont expect much till september

You bastard, you got no time for EU2 but you got for CK? :D

i always wanted to try this thing in multiplayer, how good is it? :d

edit: on the other hand, ive been told this community is filled with fuinhas so, nevermind ^^

Last edited:
A big portion of those players with questionable reputation do not seem to be playing anymore around these forums and have moved to other forums instead, so playing CK wouldnt be that bad as long as a game posesses a good rule list and a proper gamemaster (a rare creature these days) to ensure things are going smoothly.

And by "proper" gamemaster i do not mean a player ready to kick others simply because they are dominating the game or a player who abuse their power like a tyrant, but a gamemaster who will act accordingly to rules.

Speaking of a new game, is someone interested on a CK-FTG-Victoria-HOI2 convertion game? I was thinking of starting one these days with most of the old crew of TWBW, but if there are too few players i will skip the CK part and go straight to FTG. CK afterall gets a bit boring after the initial decades.

You bastard, you got no time for EU2 but you got for CK? :D

saterdays is pretty much the best day for me so make a ftg game from 20gmt+ and ill join :)

Children of the Fatherland is looking for more players and subs, so if you're wanting to play a CK game on Saturday 1500-1900 GMT, it's probably better to join the already existing game. The game forum is at ederon.net.

fasquardon

you could always restart to :)