• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nah its not screen size - I think it is just too "frilly" and thin, red against white. I am not sure if larger text (as opposed to magnified text) would make it easier to see.
Yeah you might just want to make your text a bit bigger, most of the time you have the space for it.

For those of you complaining about fonts, I want to ask you a question for future reference.

Here I have three pangrams from different languages, each written in a script font I will be using (I will assume that any serif/sans serif/monospace fonts are legible). At which point would you consider each of these to be "legible"?

French Script MT (France)
7bP6axC.png

Informal Roman (Italian states)
lPBfnsf.png

Old English Text MT (German states & Austria)
2PI2NUX.png

Largest in all three, without exception for me.

The second largest and largest are good for me. Thanks for taking the effort to make this and ask if it's readable or not.

Largest in all three, without exception for me.

The second largest and largest are good for me. Thanks for taking the effort to make this and ask if it's readable or not.

Thank you for your feedback. This will be considered when making future chapters.

I agree that the for the last two, the largest fonts are legible.The French Script seems hard to read regardless though. For me anyway.

As for that mystery button, it's bankruptcy. And it is awful.
I could argue against that, ever since I saw mostly from atwix what you can do with it if you use it to invest a heck of a lot into your economy, let yourself go bankrupt for 5 years and suddenly you have doubled your income (if you're big and do it right)!

I could argue against that, ever since I saw mostly from atwix what you can do with it if you use it to invest a heck of a lot into your economy, let yourself go bankrupt for 5 years and suddenly you have doubled your income (if you're big and do it right)!

Perhaps 'awful' isn't the correct term by itself but if you're unprepared or bankruptcy is forced on you by mass loan defaulting, it's rough.

Though I did spot this on the wiki:

Bankruptcy strategy
Deliberately going bankrupt, though dangerous, can be a powerful tool for restoring the economy if managed carefully. Try to have truces lasting at least 5 years with as many dangerous neighbors as possible, so they can't attack during bankruptcy. Before declaring bankruptcy, spend all monarch points on developing provinces or boosting stability, as they will all be lost otherwise. Ensure that no provinces are in the process of being cored. Colonies should be abandoned unless very close to completion.

Rebels are more difficult to fight while bankrupt due to the penalties to army morale, but can be beaten with enough numbers. Since manpower gain is almost zero during bankruptcy, it may be necessary to re-hire mercenaries to fight them. Get stability back up as soon as possible and also consider spending military points to raise legitimacy (requires Rights of Man DLC).

Adding to the abandon colonies thing: if you put your investment slider in the middle, it gives you 0 extra colonists instead of -200! It's a calculation bug in the game, and apparently a very old one - saw it for the first time (due to going bankrupt for the first time ever) in my Dithmarschen exodus run. And of course, going bankrupt unprepared is very bad, but if you're prepared, it can be a golden opportunity - also to speed up becoming revolutionary.

Adding to the abandon colonies thing: if you put your investment slider in the middle, it gives you 0 extra colonists instead of -200! It's a calculation bug in the game, and apparently a very old one - saw it for the first time (due to going bankrupt for the first time ever) in my Dithmarschen exodus run. And of course, going bankrupt unprepared is very bad, but if you're prepared, it can be a golden opportunity - also to speed up becoming revolutionary.

Well I'll know now to seriously consider bankruptcy in certain situations!

03 - Furor Teutonicus
For those of you who were talking about font size, your requests have been heard. Characters using script fonts (also known as "almost every character") now get larger text. At least in the foreground, anyways.

KYfxHx2.png

KtbsOrx.png

Il7o7Aq.png

AOViVDB.png

ZoJpiR0.png

k0FK5DW.png

iqRqtlf.png

ZFJrANm.png

fXq3VVb.png

awhu1S9.png

c0GwQc1.png

NMH7YhE.png

Nzvx4nX.png

lkEYHQ3.png

054AwYj.png

h9jm3Af.png

C19j9MB.png

2Y3ohU5.png

bt7d5WJ.png

oR5fvEY.png

QDh4wMW.png

Not many references this time around, but OK then.
- The building in Tuchel (OTL Tuchola) is the Church of Corpus Christi.
- For Berlin, I went with the Stadtschloss (unfortunately destroyed by East Germany...)
- I have honestly no idea what quirk of the AI decided to make the Teuton Army go after a Poland sieging Osterode over my (comparatively weaker) army sieging Tuchel. Because as far as I know, the AI is always biased against the player. :p
- The rest of this war was so boring I decided to summarize it on a map. I honestly cannot believe the Teutons would decide to make incursions into Poland before coming back to defend their own territory.
- Hungary claiming Austria's throne. That's not something you see every day.
- Yes, I let the Teutonic Order keep ALL of the coast just so I could claim it later. Don't want those Poles anywhere near Prussia, do I? :p
- Even though the Teutonic order got reduced in size it still scared Poland into annulling its alliance with Lithuania. Can you believe that?
- Berliner Unwille being Berliner Unwille.

And with that, you have officially caught up to what I have played so far. Feel free to comment or suggest something.

This looks like it'll be a fun trip!

I also agree that the two largest fonts in each category are the most readable.

As for that mystery button, it's bankruptcy. And it is awful.

https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Economy#Bankruptcy

Perhaps 'awful' isn't the correct term by itself but if you're unprepared or bankruptcy is forced on you by mass loan defaulting, it's rough.

Though I did spot this on the wiki:

Well I'll know now to seriously consider bankruptcy in certain situations!
All this talk about bankruptcy makes me shudder. And yes, I know not to press it unless I'm really, really desperate (which will never happen).

Well the font change was easily a success. Glad you did it.

Your jokes are very funny, especially the ones you may not see immediately (Get some colonial nations lol). Keep it up!

EDIT: I also just noticed the bird on Brandenburg's flag's helmet falling off when TO bumped into Brandenburg, among other things (like holding the white flag). This is the kind of attention to detail I love to see in comics like these.

Last edited:
04 - Advances... Finally
I'm fine! Just in case you think I'm not. :p

Here's the next chapter.
RRdzWXD.png

XMh8eUJ.png

Y2ueQ6P.png

P74IkTG.png

5V0nIPS.png

80SvByJ.png

fe5HzOA.png

X34BU6o.png

OExInVx.png

AVRcdd0.png

sGTE5I7.png

eSSeDz1.png

ppPv88v.png

igRQIRr.png

Vj4I2CR.png

cOXChk8.png

LlvgmlK.png

JHf512S.png

pSibtfk.png

SQbtMW0.png

HDcwKjM.png

huo6wnB.png

vlcVffC.png

M25Idd4.png

xzo5XRV.png

qu9Lc4E.png

QDh4wMW.png
----
- Combine?
- I got one of those 'epic of $KING$' events.
- France became pope. You know, like ya do.
- I had to put out *two* rebellions in Brunswick. How their own army got wrecked is something I don't know.
- Pomerania annexing in progress as of 1460. Diplo advisor will continue to generate Dip Rep until his end, because that's important in diplomacy.
- Swiss clock joke.
- Savoy at game start owns a piece of present-day Switzerland.
- The flag that Würzburg is waving is the literal flag on its coat of arms.
- Cologne was annexed by Cleves, Mainz by Nassau. Their elector positions were taken up by Augsburg and Würzburg, not necessarily in that order. Austria cared, of course, and had them released, but the damage was done.
- At the same time, Bohemia is annexing Silesia...
- Poland claimed Neumark (Lubusz Land being the area that was derived from Neumark).
- Poland is now our rival after we dropped Anhalt by eclipsing.
- For the first time, a technological advance!
Cliffhanger. Dun dun dun...

Last edited: