• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Only 525 brigades. :p

Wait, am I reading Rebels without a Pause?:rofl:

It does seem that way. :)

loki100: This is less than 1/3rds of the total # of A-L rebel brigades currently possible, so I'm sure it'll happen again.

Meh ;)

Field exercises.

Last edited:
April 6: Music to my ears...now I just need Mannheim to get some Steamrollers.
o25nitro.jpg

<Drumroll>

Nice one. And way to go on following it up with a mid-size AL rebellion. That should provide quite a bit of additional entertainment. :)

<Drumroll>

Nice one. And way to go on following it up with a mid-size AL rebellion. That should provide quite a bit of additional entertainment. :)

I was wondering if anyone would pick up on that. ;)

Chapter 26: The Sack of Rome

A look at the map shows that, unsurprisingly, the revolt is mainly whiny Germans and Italians. It's almost like they've never met the Turkish armies.

o26aluprisingeurope.jpg

The middle east isn't so bad. There are also a smidgen of rebels in Africa - right next to my armies.

o26aluprisingmideast.jpg

March 7, 1885: The Danes sue for peace, giving me my first foothold in the Americas. This leaves the Danes with only their home region.

o26danishpeace.jpg

October: The locals send out a welcoming party to their Ottoman overlords. There's also one in Greenland and one in Iceland.

o26faroe.jpg

December 31: We figure out how to create streamers. There was some confusion with the illiterate dockworkers - the first attempt had them using clothes irons on the hull. Apparently, some ex-Sergeant was explaining "steamers" to them. With that sorted out, we start on iron steamers, with explicit instructions that no clothes irons are to be involved.

March 23, 1886: The truce with the Pope ends, and peace is completely unnatural. As is required in all AARs of an Islamic country....

o26dowpope.jpg

April 1: Here's a look at my budget. I have no idea why I took this screenshot, but it must be important. As you can see, Trinket Pensions are a large amount of my budget. God help me if they get more.

o26budget.jpg

April 21: Typical liberals. No sense of timing whatsoever. This is barely a speedbump. In one particularly amusing case, 3000 Jacobins rise up in the same province as 36000 guards.

o26jacobins.jpg

June: Portugal annexes Liberia. In response...

o26dowsokoto.jpg

They need to be "protected".

September 1: We don't have enough armies around for an overwhelming attack, but I was rather hoping to have some sort of advantage here...

o26bofsokoto.jpg

I'd accuse the Austrians of helping them, but they were actually competent.

More partying!

o26wurznationalists.jpg

October 7: Rome is ours! Celebration is in order:

o26annexpope.jpg

o26dowkokand.jpg

This will result in their annexation...

October 25: Transylvanian Nationalists revolt. Our armies grab some stakes and resolve the problem.

March 19. 1887: Nothing important happens.

o26warwithfrance.jpg

Here's an updated world map:

o26worldmap.jpg

good to see Rome being converted to the faith ... I remember the old SPI game Empires of the Middle Ages when converting Rome was indeed the only sensible goal of any self-respecting player of an Islamic country

hadn't realised how much of Africa you'd managed to snaffle along the way & it is nice to see an Ottoman Greenland (esp given your map colour)

War with France should prove an interesting prospect, although you've got plenty of space to retreat into so I've a feeling the French will find themselves on the wrong end of a pasting given sufficient time.

Rebellions are rather annoying as they never really constitute a threat to an alert player (caveat included for Rensslaer's sake), but do frequently cause trouble for the AI.

I would prefer a system of fewer but much more dangerous rebellions, which would require army loyalty to become a much more precious and hard-won commodity than it currently is. Under the present system, >90% of the army remains loyal and they absolutely slaughter any rebels. In late game, 10 brigades of regulars can handle 30 brigades of revolutionaries.

War with France, that should be interesting. I reckon you'll do okay against them, though, and I predict them white peacing out in time.

A worthy foe at last? More rebels? Russian intervention? Chinese intervention?

Yeah, that's a sizeable rebellion! Might take a little while to clean up.

Rebellions are rather annoying as they never really constitute a threat to an alert player (caveat included for Rensslaer's sake), but do frequently cause trouble for the AI.

:D

good to see Rome being converted to the faith ... I remember the old SPI game Empires of the Middle Ages when converting Rome was indeed the only sensible goal of any self-respecting player of an Islamic country

I spent many hours playing SPI's glorious games!

Naggy, it seems to me like you could probably take on both France and Russia at the same time. You're pretty strong by now, provided you don't have more trouble at home and can reasonably expect UK/USA to stay otherwise occupied. You could even do a Schliefen Plan, holding off Russia while you eat France. Like Kaiser Wilhelm II said, "Paris for lunch, St. Petersburg for dinner!" :D

Then again... Let me re-think that. France has lots and lots of troops. Not all of them are at home, which is why you might be able to take them. But the rest are in Africa... Where the rest of your country is. I don't know. Might still be worth a try.

So Persia persists, huh? Funny.

More great work!

Rensslaer

loki100: The AI never puts all its NFs to colonization.

Dewirix: Yes, it does seem to be a matter of waiting for the French to be stupid. As for rebels, you are right, although occasionally brigades will revolt and be quickly crushed by their comrades.

Enewald: Yes. I can't get her out of my SoI.

Melrick: There will be no white peace unless I'm in deep trouble.

AllmyJames: China is in UK's SoI, so I doubt she'll declare war. Besides, doing so means marching across the Gobi, so I'm not terribly scared.

Naggy, it seems to me like you could probably take on both France and Russia at the same time. You're pretty strong by now, provided you don't have more trouble at home and can reasonably expect UK/USA to stay otherwise occupied. You could even do a Schliefen Plan, holding off Russia while you eat France. Like Kaiser Wilhelm II said, "Paris for lunch, St. Petersburg for dinner!" :D

Then again... Let me re-think that. France has lots and lots of troops. Not all of them are at home, which is why you might be able to take them. But the rest are in Africa... Where the rest of your country is. I don't know. Might still be worth a try.

It's the lack of room for error. France, once she mobilizes (187 brigades), will have about 330 brigades (about 70-100 in Africa) to my 200. I can mobilize...26. Russia, with mobilization, probably would have 200-250 brigades. Also, France has machine guns (evidenced by her colonizing in Africa), so I can't just storm my way through them. Even if I built every brigade I could (which I might end up doing), I'd still be outnumbered 2 to 1 with eastern fronts from the Baltic to Central Asia.

Thus, much easier to hit one, then the other, then back. :)

So Persia persists, huh? Funny.

Yeah, no one will take her from my SOI. It's REALLY annoying. At one point, Russia and US blew about 200 total influence discrediting and banning each other.

And now, it's question time!

I have two possible courses of action should I win this war (which I haven't started fighting yet):
1.) Chew my way through Mainland France to get a direct border with Spain (5 regions, probably 2 wars).
2.) Start taking French colonies (Egypt, Algeria, Tunisia, Guyana, West Indies, Pondicherry).

#1 lets me go after Spain faster, but #2 eases the pressure on my defenseless African holdings. Post your opinions!

#2 - from a historic point of view France is sitting on (admittedly semi-detached) parts of the Empire in North Africa. Furthermore, you'd be liberating good Muslims rather than bringing more truculent Christians into the fold.

From a gameplay view I'd go with #1 as it will weaken France more while gaining you industrialised provinces and highly-literate POPs, but where's the fun in that?