• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So Hannibal crossed the Alps again and the Republic wasn't ready? Those Spaniards gave you a good ride for the money :D

Never mind botanical expedition wars, we want Siberian expedition wars... you know Russia is there for the taking :)

So Hannibal crossed the Alps again and the Republic wasn't ready? Those Spaniards gave you a good ride for the money :D

Never mind botanical expedition wars, we want Siberian expedition wars... you know Russia is there for the taking :)

In V2, there are three usually boring wars: vs. USA, UK, or Russia. If you're playing MP as Russia, just build forts in every province, and your opponents will die of boredom before you lose.

A French Egypt is disturbing. Someone should be fired for that (a minor functionary from either the Middle Eastern or African division -- whichever is less useful).

20,000 dead Austrians! Wow.

Did you ask for Singapore from the Dutch, or did they offer it? Odd thing to ask for, but if they're offering...

Remarkable progress!

Rensslaer

Chapter 24: Fall of a Great Power

October 22, 1882: Here's Austria's last large army. It won't be alive for long now that I know where it is. :)

o24hamburg.jpg

A week later, Spain lands 4 brigades in Oldenburg, which just means that I can kill two birds with one stone.

November 14: I deny all accusations of overkill.

o24bofzalacgerszeg.jpg

December 10: Having lost most of their armies and gained absolutely nothing, Spain finally sues for white peace. I don't want to ask for a small war goal only to find out they won't accept.

Two days later, our sphereling Hedjaz falls to a revolution of anarcho-liberals. This makes me imagine Ann Coulter haranguing "Islamo-Anarcho-Liberals".

o24hedjazrevolution.jpg

Now that Hedjaz is no longer an ally or in our sphere...

o24dowhedjaz.jpg

The poor armies on the Armenian front - first they had to run to Istanbul to stop the Spanish, now they have to run south to Mecca.

March 20, 1883: The truce runs out, and...

o24dowholstein.jpg

May 6: Congo Orientale is colonized. Since Britain said "Screw the Congo", we'll take it. In response...

FIRE GODS WANT MORE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

o24krakatoa.jpg

June 1: Italy forces Austria to hand over Emilia. Yes, folks, Italy actually won a war.

July 31: Gabon is colonized. Ghana follows 4 days later.

September 6: Here's a look at the GPs. I have no idea why I took this screenshot.

o24gps.jpg

Oh, now I remember. A pre-peace snapshot.

o24austrianpeace.jpg

Here's the post-peace snapshot.

o24gps2.jpg

September 8: The fire gods demand, and we answer. Though Switzerland is nowhere near Krakatoa, there are mountains. Close enough. France, unsurprisingly, chickens out.

o24dowswiss.jpg

September 18: Guinea is colonized. A look at West Africa. The next day, Holstein is annexed. These have nothing to do with each other, except that Ottoman green is expanding everywhere.

o24wafrica.jpg

In a completely unrelated note, maybe I should mod the color for the Ottomans to match the green of the paint thinner from Epic Mickey... :)

September 19: The fire gods are not satisfied yet. Two weeks later, about forty brigades of Jacobins rise, only to die within a month.

o24dowbavaria.jpg

October: Sena region is colonized.

January 3, 1884: Woohoo!

o24spaingp.jpg

A French Egypt is disturbing. Someone should be fired for that (a minor functionary from either the Middle Eastern or African division -- whichever is less useful).

Nah. Not their fault truces work like that. Besides, it gives me something to take from France later. :)

20,000 dead Austrians! Wow.

Yeah, and this is without me getting to play with machine guns.

Did you ask for Singapore from the Dutch, or did they offer it? Odd thing to ask for, but if they're offering...

Asked. I was trying to pick off cheap colonies to maximize the use of my war score from occupying their home.

Remarkable progress!

Thank you!

November 14: I deny all accusations of overkill.

o24bofzalacgerszeg.jpg

Since the Austrians didn't die en masse, you clearly didn't bring enough soldiers to the party. :p Or maybe there were so many Turks, that they were unable to find French targets and ended up shooting their comrades in the back. Regardless, overkill did not occur.

Since the Austrians didn't die en masse, you clearly didn't bring enough soldiers to the party. :p Or maybe there were so many Turks, that they were unable to find French targets and ended up shooting their comrades in the back. Regardless, overkill did not occur.

That would explain how I lost that artillery.

Artillery Sergeant: "Fire at will!"
Artillery Private: "What if I can't see any enemy targets?"
Sergeant: "Shut the hell up and shoot at something."
Private: "Um...ok..." BOOOM!!
Sergeant: "NOT AT ME!!!!!"

Is there any hope for Ottoman literacy besides conquering Germans?

Bearing in mind the boring war list, I take it that there are intended to be 4 great powers left at the end of the game. Will their spherelings survive?

UK will probably keep their sphere. I want to knock Russia out of GP status, though.

Poor Italy, now that they were starting to win you'll put and end to that... imagine the tragic operas being composed.

If only they weren't allied to Britain.

The spreading green is like a... disease or something, enveloping everything across the map. It's wondrous to watch! :D

Last edited:
Chapter 25: Just a few rebels

January 12, 1884: The Russians, sensing weakness, declare war on Austria. I forgot to wipe the Russian Austrian border last war. They're going after East Galicia.

February 16: We get a Place in the Sun CB against France, and still no way to separate them from Russia. Argh. Meanwhile, French armies are using their military access to wander around in the Sahara.

March 17: We discover interchangeable parts, and start on Clipper Design. It's time to get a Navy that only half sucks, and pave the way to canals.

April 6: Music to my ears...now I just need Mannheim to get some Steamrollers.
o25nitro.jpg

April 19: Istanbul's golden age begins...
o25istanbul.jpg

2 brigades of Moldavian nationalists manage somehow to defeat over 40,000 Russians. They don't survive the next battle, sadly.

The French really want to hold on to Egypt.
o25frenchegyot.jpg

July 11: Bavaria is annexed, leaving Austria as the final German nation left.

August 9: Switzerland is annexed. This does lengthen our border with France, but I'm not terribly worried. All this peace requires some balance, though...
o25dowdenmark.jpg

October 7: Hedjaz is annexed, and the Ottoman Empire reclaims Mecca.

October 24: Clipper design is complete, so we move on to Steamers.

November 2: A lot of stuff is invented today..
o25inventions.jpg

November 9: France spheres the Netherlands. For now.

February 26, 1885: A Tribal Succession Crisis An Anarcho-Liberal uprising occurs. Very small and unremarkable. Only 525 brigades.
o25aluprising.jpg

Last edited: