• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

WorldWarIV

Second Lieutenant
36 Badges
Jan 28, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
I think it would have been the best course of action for Hardsuit Labs and Paradox. You remaster a beloved classic without touching the story, you touch-up some stuff, you make the fan base happy, you get new fans, everybody wins. Best of all, Hardsuit Labs could have gained the experience necessary to make the sequel, and maybe we wouldn't be in this boat. What do you guys think?

• 4Like
Reactions:
Not sure if i say it right, concidering my english ...
But "shoud have" is right choice of words ... that train is looooong gone by now. -_-

Dunno ... call me sceptic if you wish, but speaking for myself i would probably not buy Bloodlines remaster, if that means only new textures and models ...

If we were talking about at least one another part of the city (after all, Brian was included at first) and some clan, maybe including some alternative stories that is curently "unofficial patches" (like playing as Sabbat) ... well, that is completely different situation, in that case i would throw my money on monitor imediatly.
But to me, graphic of Bloodlines is no obstacle, i love that game as it is, and i still play it even today from time to time, even if i allready know all its secrets, computer passwords, quests, etc. etc.

Reactions:
I would be all for restoring content, I agree. But I love remasters not only for better graphics, but also better UI and controls. They could refine the combat for example, as long as they don't touch the story and voice acting I'm happy.

But I would mainly have wanted a remaster so Hardsuit Labs would have had a bit of experience before tackling a sequel. I think it would have helped them tremendously.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would also re-play it gladly if:
1) I knew where the HD backups of fifteen years ago went and
2) I wasn't trapped in ck3's Maelstrom

Also important note ...
Bloodlines 2 was produced by Activision ... so maybe im wrong, but i presume they would need their agreement to do that.

Reactions:
Also important note ...
Bloodlines 2 was produced by Activision ... so maybe im wrong, but i presume they would need their agreement to do that.

Pretty much this - Activision owns BL1, and they'd likely not part with it without a huge amount of money.

A remaster would be nice, but I don't know if Hardsuit has the artistic skill to properly improve the environments and character models, unfortunately.

Reactions:
That should not be the only measure ...
I just dot fee like this game "need" remaster ... yes, it would be great, but there is so many "if" and "but" so im not really sure if that is good idea. :-/

That should not be the only measure ...
I just dot fee like this game "need" remaster ... yes, it would be great, but there is so many "if" and "but" so im not really sure if that is good idea. :-/

It wasn't really the point anyway. I still believe that remastering the first game would have been a good experience for the team as their work would have been cut out for them and maybe we wouldn't be in this mess right now.

Reactions:
Yeah, I think they should have gone that route. It would be a win-win for all sides... they get new fans and increased awareness of the franchise leading right into a sequel some time after that. I never played the previous game since I just didn't care about pc gaming (the only exception for me was Doom way back in the mid/late 90s, and to some extent, Postal...since you couldn't get Postal on consoles, at least at the time.)...and I kept hoping for years that it might show up on a console one day until eventually just settling on the few other options out there as my "vampire games" to scratch that itch (Blood Omen, then Skyrim much later in 2011; ha, the memories---first thing I did in Skyrim was to go off in search of vampires so I could get turned asap.)

...but yeah, if a remastered edition Bloodlines were released with updated graphics and whatever fixes are needed (I've heard it was quite buggy), it would've been a guaranteed purchase for me without question.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would also re-play it gladly if:
1) I knew where the HD backups of fifteen years ago went and
2) I wasn't trapped in ck3's Maelstrom

I guess I must be one of those <insert choice of mental disorders> but I still have backups of the cd's and official and unofficial patches. They're stashed in a 'safe' location and I can get to them still. I also have the game installed and wander in for play time occasionally.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I guess I must be one of those <insert choice of mental disorders> but I still have backups of the cd's and official and unofficial patches. They're stashed in a 'safe' location and I can get to them still. I also have the game installed and wander in for play time occasionally.

yesterday I started rummaging through the old CDs and I found it! I just have to hope the cd player works, I haven't used it in a lifetime

The original Bloodlines game is owned by Activision. They own the entirety of the game, including its code. There is no relationship between Activision and Hardsuit Labs (the developer of Bloodlines 2). It was never a possibility.

Reactions:
I think it would have been the best course of action for Hardsuit Labs and Paradox. You remaster a beloved classic without touching the story, you touch-up some stuff, you make the fan base happy, you get new fans, everybody wins. Best of all, Hardsuit Labs could have gained the experience necessary to make the sequel, and maybe we wouldn't be in this boat. What do you guys think?

Isn't there an issue with who controls the IP for that game? As I understand it, it is currently held by Activision.....so good luck trying to pry it from their fingers.

Reactions: