• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

forfor

Major
54 Badges
Dec 6, 2016
  • Divine Wind
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I just got offered some decisions to convert my state religion. On the one hand, I recognize that fetishist is not great in terms of the bonuses given, but on the other hand, converting 550 dev worth of provinces is going to be an absolutely massive, very expensive undertaking. (also losing half my budget surplus according to my save-scum tests) I'm curious whether people think it's worth doing in terms of the bonuses I can get from other religions. (I currently have access to islam, buddhism, and indic faith decisions. I only have 1 missionary, no religious idea group, and I'm playing madagascar)

I consider fetishist with Buddhadharma cult upgraded buddhism, especially when you expand a lot and from buddhism you would get only +2.5% discipline because of low karma. You get access to all buddhist monuments, +2 tollerance of heathens and 10% dev cost. As expansionist buddist nation you would get 2.5% discipline from low karma, some tollerance of heretics and one of three -10% advisor cost, -5% idea cost, +5% morale

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I consider fetishist with Buddhadharma cult upgraded buddhism, especially when you expand a lot and from buddhism you would get only +2.5% discipline because of low karma. You get access to all buddhist monuments, +2 tollerance of heathens and 10% dev cost. As expansionist buddist nation you would get 2.5% discipline from low karma, some tollerance of heretics and one of three -10% advisor cost, -5% idea cost, +5% morale
This.

Fetishist with Buddhadharma cult gives you access to all of the Buddhist monuments, and there are a LOT of them, with some VERY nice bonuses.

Then, since you've already decided to be perma-Buddhadharma (for the monuments), it's very worthwhile to take the "Embrace Singular Cult" clergy estate privilege. (This doubles the benefit of the cult, from -10% dev cost to -20% dev cost, and removes stab loss on monarch death. Downside: You can't change the cult easily. But you don't want to change it, so it's not actually a problem.)

Remaining pagan means you can become Emperor of China if you want. It also means you retain access to the pagan-only monuments (notably the Great Pyramid, Walls of Benin & Stonehenge).

Overall, Fetishist with perma-Buddhadharma is IMO one of the strongest religions in the game. (Synergistic idea groups: Religious, Economic.) However, IMO, Fetishist with any other strategy is distinctly mediocre.

Last edited:
Reactions: