• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cosmosis

Cultural bon-vivant.
104 Badges
Mar 12, 2007
www.cosmocomics.net
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Galactic Assault
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Deus Vult
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Ancient Space
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
So I am a long-time Paradox gamer, and have bought pre-orders of many recent games (EUIV, Stellaris, etc.), and I love them all. In particular, I really enjoy Stellaris: it has a fantastic tutorial, compelling gameplay, and a design that just makes me want to kick back and play around in this game world. And it's that "kick back" experience that I find most interesting here, and after trying unsuccessfully numerous times to get Stellaris working on my Steam Link, I was delighted to see the imminent XBOX release.

Yet...should I really buy the game AGAIN? I am curious what many of you plan to do. If you own the game on PC, is it worth it to get it on console as well? I mean, dang, I would love it if Paradox threw those of us who pre-ordered a coupon or something to also get it on console, but I know that is asking too much.

Beyond the "support the console release for future releases" argument (which is valid), are many of you planning on ponying up between $30-$60 to buy the game again?

I had the same issues with Steamlink. Tried it with the Steam controller and Corsair lapdog. Never got it to work right. I bought it on GOG and that's now my DLC and up to date version, with Steam remaining my 1.9 release.

I'll definitely grab it on console since one of the reasons I love Stellaris is I can play it with a mouse only while my 25kg Labrador lapdog sleeps on me. Being able to use a controller from the couch makes that easier than on a computer desk.

So I’ve already preordered the $60 version for Xbox. Like you I can’t wait to dive deeper into this game on console. I just hope it continues to get the support the pc version has. I just rather be playing on my Xbox.

Odd I didn't have much issue getting Stellaris workig on my steam link on my samsung tv (which is probably the worst combo)

Its 'fussy' with regards to using a controller but it still worked ok

I don't know what I am going to do yet. It all depends on how much spare funds I have. I don't pre order games anymore. Except for not having the wife spend the money on me, I hate supporting companies these days. They don't deserve it anymore.

I would love to get it on Xbox, but it's a bit pricey. So since funds are much tighter for me, I have to really think about it. I would love to have more games like this on Xbox. On the other hand, IN MY OPINION, Stellaris is a not a great game without mods. At least the developers and publishers let us mod the game and when modded I really like Stellaris. Thing is, can I play a game unmodded? I don't know, $60 seems quite pricey. I am shocked that we have to buy the DLC day one, or is the DLC even ready for Day One? Another reason not to pre order.

Who will be upset that you paid extra but only have the base game on release? I thought for sure Utopia would not have to be an extra buy. So I don't really want to support Paradox now because of their DLC policy way of getting sales.

So now, I might not even bother with the game now. One thing I don't like about Paradox publishing. Too many DLC for the sake of selling DLC. You would think that Paradox would throw some of their fans a bone and include everything, but NOPE, it's separate.

So since I already play Stellaris on my Samsung TV, is their really a point except to support more games on consoles? Sadly I see not. Not going to support this type of greed.

SBeyond the "support the console release for future releases" argument (which is valid), are many of you planning on ponying up between $30-$60 to buy the game again?

I'm going to buy it on release day or shortly after, mostly for the reason you have outlined. Definitely no pre-order though, I'm not a fan :)

Preorder done!

As someone who has put plenty of time playing Stellaris on my computer I can't imagine going out of my way to buy a console version, especially since mouse and keyboard is better for strategy games. Also my most powerful console is a Gamecube and I don't think Paradox is developing for that.

Well I bought the £50 version on my PS4, so very looking forward to it. Planning on booking some time off work to play it.

I plan to. I love the game and played it frequently, but my laptop can't handle it anymore, so I'm glad it's coming to console.

I'm likely going to preorder (so I can get the PS4 theme), as well as get the Deluxe Edition.

I plan to. I love the game and played it frequently, but my laptop can't handle it anymore, so I'm glad it's coming to console.

I'm likely going to preorder (so I can get the PS4 theme), as well as get the Deluxe Edition.
I think the deluxe edition is well worth it. You get Plantoids, Leviathans and Utopia for an additional ten pounds.

I'm strongly considering getting it for my PS4. Sitting back on my couch while I play stellaris on the big screen just sounds very appealing.
I do that now, I just have to get a desk out to do it, and it’s not very comfortable over prolonged periods of time. But the idea of just sitting back with a controller is too good to pass up.

On another note, can’t wait for the other DLC to land for it either. That’s going to be great. Especially listening to console players reactions to the sheer amount of dlc...

I'm strongly considering getting it for my PS4. Sitting back on my couch while I play stellaris on the big screen just sounds very appealing.

I do that now as well. :)

Guys I play mostly HOI4, nearly 300 hours and nearly hundred hours in Stellaris PC. I now have Xbox version of Stellaris and I can say with 100% certainty that I prefer this game on the console over PC. Here's why.

Looks great.
Runs near perfect.
Faster load times.
I can perform APM faster on console due to the great button mapping.
New community.
Optimization for console.
Very relaxing.
Intuitive controls make game easier to control...... yes I'm not kidding.

It's a great game. I prefer it on Xbox. It just seems more fun. Turn it in, press go, crush my opponents. Once multiplayer comes out it will be fantastic.

Guys I play mostly HOI4, nearly 300 hours and nearly hundred hours in Stellaris PC. I now have Xbox version of Stellaris and I can say with 100% certainty that I prefer this game on the console over PC. Here's why.

Looks great.
Runs near perfect.
Faster load times.
I can perform APM faster on console due to the great button mapping.
New community.
Optimization for console.
Very relaxing.
Intuitive controls make game easier to control...... yes I'm not kidding.

It's a great game. I prefer it on Xbox. It just seems more fun. Turn it in, press go, crush my opponents. Once multiplayer comes out it will be fantastic.

First off what is APM? Second, I agree. I hated vanilla Stellaris in PC but for some reason, it's AWESOME on console or in my case the Xbox One X. Some small changes, but I am loving vanilla Stellaris Console edition.

I really like when looking at the tech tree, EVERYTHING it offers is explained. If you research XXX and it offers A and B, you get a description what XXX gives you and then it explains what A and B is and does. I was missing this on the PC version because for what ever reason it gets cut out, modded or not.

I love to spin the main galaxy map and it not to spin back to "default" position.

I love combat now. Before on the PC version at least for me, I couldn't zoom in all the way and see the ships. On console, I can zoom up really close now. Maybe the ships are not spaced out so much but combat for me for the first time is enjoyable now.

I also love when in planet mode, I can cycle to the next planet without closing screens and getting to the next planet. I was worried this would be the case, but Tantalus knocked it out of the park with the controller lay out.

First off what is APM? Second, I agree. I hated vanilla Stellaris in PC but for some reason, it's AWESOME on console or in my case the Xbox One X. Some small changes, but I am loving vanilla Stellaris Console edition.

I really like when looking at the tech tree, EVERYTHING it offers is explained. If you research XXX and it offers A and B, you get a description what XXX gives you and then it explains what A and B is and does. I was missing this on the PC version because for what ever reason it gets cut out, modded or not.

I love to spin the main galaxy map and it not to spin back to "default" position.

I love combat now. Before on the PC version at least for me, I couldn't zoom in all the way and see the ships. On console, I can zoom up really close now. Maybe the ships are not spaced out so much but combat for me for the first time is enjoyable now.

I also love when in planet mode, I can cycle to the next planet without closing screens and getting to the next planet. I was worried this would be the case, but Tantalus knocked it out of the park with the controller lay out.

APM is actions per minute. You have just solidified my argument as to why it's more enjoyable on the console. Camera control and APM due to accessible interface through well thought out button mapping. Very cool!

So I am a long-time Paradox gamer, and have bought pre-orders of many recent games (EUIV, Stellaris, etc.), and I love them all. In particular, I really enjoy Stellaris: it has a fantastic tutorial, compelling gameplay, and a design that just makes me want to kick back and play around in this game world. And it's that "kick back" experience that I find most interesting here, and after trying unsuccessfully numerous times to get Stellaris working on my Steam Link, I was delighted to see the imminent XBOX release.

Yet...should I really buy the game AGAIN? I am curious what many of you plan to do. If you own the game on PC, is it worth it to get it on console as well? I mean, dang, I would love it if Paradox threw those of us who pre-ordered a coupon or something to also get it on console, but I know that is asking too much.

Beyond the "support the console release for future releases" argument (which is valid), are many of you planning on ponying up between $30-$60 to buy the game again?

As a long time Paradox PC user (Hundreds of hours of EU3, Thousands of hours of CK2 and 1k+ hours in Stellaris), I am completely enjoying my experience on Console. The hardest part is trying to remember what the strategy was back in 1.7 But I am Enjoying the 'Couch Stellaris' aspect of, playing with a controller is actually pretty great once you figure out what is what.

Also, I feel like you open up Grand Strat games to a whole new audience, you have a huge segment of people that don't game on Desktop PCs, who can now enjoy this (IE My son).

Plus I want to reward developers that makes games on systems that are not typical. I want paradox to continue to make games for console, so I am supporting it.

I will also triple dip if they port this to the Switch.

So, I am the original poster of this thread, and just want to thank all of you for your feedback. I bought the Console Edition this weekend, and like most of you, absolutely love it. Tantalus really did a fantastic job of porting this over for controller use! Here is hoping we might also at some point be able to lean back and play EU IV or CK2 on consoles, too!