• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Specimen-46

Recruit
Nov 10, 2019
Hello everyone! For some time I tried to follow Stellaris (with the exception of the last few months), at least in my free time and with ASpec’s videos (heh).

And not so long ago, the idea of whether stories about small fluffy things people and events can somehow enrich the world of the game began to torment me. Make it more lively. After all, powerful empires, ancient civilizations and legendary space battles consist of small events. Each ship relies on its crew, each government is made up of individuals (well, with some exceptions), and sometimes even the most ordinary person can launch a chain of events that will change the world.

The very idea is to bring into the game an archive of records and/or game events that tell the stories of specific people and how their action or inaction affected others. Stories of flight, love, battles and adventures. Stories of changes in minds and society due to technological progress or regression. Etc.

What do you think of it? I apologize in advance if someone has suggested this recently. Below I will attach a fragment of such a story. I hope that you will not be confused by my translation and you will like this excerpt.

Archive No. 00000023-8590

Analysis - Not completed

Condition – Not completed

Translation - Not completed

Author - Unknown

Date of creation - Unknown

Location of the original - Data is corrupted.

The volume of the original - Data is corrupted.

Code Name – Elianor

Request to download archive

Request confirmed

Loading the surviving fragments in the intended order

1st record.

My love, now 93 turns, as you are not with me. And every night for me is torment. For every night I remember how I lost you. Our world was once alone, but flourished. We did not know the need, for it was said in the prophecy that this world was prepared for us. And that we will be happy in this world to the end of all things.

We were children, my love, when the Gods came to us in their heavenly chariots. They promised they would help us. They talked about many worlds like ours. They said they want to keep us and our home safe.

We met with you just then, my love. If you were with me now, you would tell about how a girl came on the main square of the capital, where the Gods showed themselves. And I could tell how as a boy I saw a frightened girl and, running up, took her hand and said that there was nothing to be afraid of. What pain it inflicts on me that you are not here now.

How many miracles they showed to our people. They spoke about the tragedies of their homeland, about the mistakes made by their distant ancestors. Their warnings and instructions spread throughout our land with scientists who spoke with the Gods and seemed to understand them better than others.

On the Day of Sorrow, everything changed - heaven was lit up by flashes of fire and the chariots of the Gods and Demons fell to our land. Demons ... They took many, so many. And you, my love. And I could not stop them. The Gods left us, and our people have known suffering. Everyone of us.

Every day... Every day I think about you. Every day I am afraid for you. And I'm ready for anything to bring you back. Be it Gods or Demons, but I have to get on one of their heavenly chariots. After all, there, somewhere among the stars, you are waiting for me, my love.

Upvote 0
I do not think stellaris has a set in stone lore so I do not think it needs world building like this, after all most of the times I like to set up my own stories. Like one game I played I envisioned a universe spanning empire had filled a galaxy with robots (pre made custom robot nations) and had them fight it as a galactic gladiator game, sort of like robot wars. Of course they then rebelled and tried to kill their makers. In that galaxy your story would not make much sense

Last edited:
I do not think stellaris has a set in stone lore so I do not think it needs world building like this, after all most of the times I like to set up my own stories. Like one game I played I envisioned a universe spanning empire had filled a galaxy with robots (pre made custom robot nations) and had them fight it as a galactic gladiator game, sort of like robot wars. Of course they then rebelled and tried to kill their markers. In that galaxy your story would not make much sense
Of course, the player’s stories are one of the most important aspects of the game. But I suggest not creating a certain lore, just to add information about the "micro level" Something that will not conflict with the player himself or the history of his game, but will allow a slightly different look at the "macro level" of the game. For example, this could be the story of a crew member of a ship that went through a war. It is one thing to look at the grand battles from the position of a player and another to go through the experiences of a living creature who saw the death of comrades and burning worlds. And such story can describe ancient events.

Last edited:
I mean, it could be good, I am just not convinced I want it as an in-game thing. It is a bit more of a extra side piece of reading. Everyone can have a different take on what is going on in Stellaris and I know that their is one event chain I cannot stand because it ruins my immersion and I just don't like that experience

I did finish this little story, mainly because it had to be finished. The results were a little strange - someone was for this idea (on reddit), someone was against it, but judging by the number of views, almost everyone reacted neutrally. Maybe I’ll try to do something similar again, but in a new way. For now I’ll leave a full copy of the story here just in case.

Attachments

• Elianor.pdf
    62,4 KB · Views: 9