• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah, northern Japan looks so nice now with Dewa annexed :)

And other than Infamy, everything is certainly looking good. Your economy must be up after those cores, and there are all kinds of options on the mainland. Maybe go for some crossroads provinces between several rival powers, that way you could end up in the challenging situations you seek?

Slower going, yes, but still a funny update!

Indeed Oogi d... what? oh... Indded Oogi does think its er necessary to recruit some fishermen into a professional fleet: Japan will be a great naval power! The construction of a few ships begins.

All great navies begin with the recruitment of some fishermen. Nice update.

Great update.
How far has your tech progressed? Far enough to take on Korea? :D

1450 Overview

Technology - abysmal... trade naval and production are all within a year of 4. We will probably be investing heavily in trade for a while.

106.jpg

The richest nations in the known world:

107.jpg

Largest forces in the world (at full capacity we aould be just above Persia), and are currently at around 20k (25k maybe I dont remember)

108.jpg

Largest navies... within a few years of this we are in 4th/5th (3rd by bigships).

109.jpg

Rulers to date:

110.jpg

Pie:
The 35 year-to-core has ensured a good proportion.

111.jpg

Various depresing stats:

112.jpg

Known CoTs:
Having two coastal ones is a big bonus to colonists.

113.jpg

World map:
(sorry about the size... that's my image host :( )

114.jpg

1451 - Honey & Opportunism

Oogi has caused a political crisis; tensions between angry fathers and the ruler have led to a destabilised state. However Oogi chooses to simply admit his fault and embrace his reputation...

115.jpg

News reaches us that Ma'i have declared independence from their oppressors... we send them a note of congratulations. They are a little confused as to why it takes three thousand men to bear a single note... but it turns out they just want a taste of that famous Mindoro honey (soon-to-be-product of Japan).

116.jpg

Our genius economist has died aged eighty-something, however Oogi's patronage of all things cultural has ensured there are plenty of educated men at court to fill his shoes. [whilst inflation is at 0 we mint a lot]

117.jpg

A new general is hired to lead our not so glorious armies. [Ping pong is so broken in this mod... if the enemy have no moral they fight for a few rounds with no damage being done, then retreat instead of being annihilated. thankfully this only applies to rebels] We hope Oogi will last a long time so it is best he does not engage in the hard life of a military commander... besides it is so difficult to take a large and comfortable bed on campaign.

118.jpg

Honey is shipped back to Japan... Oogi is fascinated by its many uses. A hermit is quickly dispatched to bring good Japanese civilisation to the province. Exactly why a hermit is the epitome of Japanese civilization is a mystery, but nonetheless they have proved successful in the past.

119.jpg

Maeda proves his worth, obliterating a rebel army in a single encounter.

120.jpg

Oogi decides to encourage free thought in an attempt to find a new version of the novelty sushi chef who still lives in the minds of many Japanese.
And indeed new thinkers arise! A one star philosopher comes to our court... hmm... perhaps they didn't mean "new thinkers"... more "new to thinking"

121.jpg

Tragedy strikes! Kokaku was playing one of his many practical jokes, which was admittedly most amusing... however whilst laughing he started to choke on his food. Despite attempts to revive him he died.
We are shocked that there is no heir to replace him! surely Oogi has another child somewhere?

122.jpg

Our worries are allayed... we were simply waiting for Oogi's latest wife to give birth before proclaiming one of his many other offspring heir. Two months after Kokaku's death, baby Meisho is born. Oogi celebrates by creating a few more spares.

123.jpg

Well... that's one way of putting it I guess...

124.jpg

He is encouraged to "remove" himself... being an honourable man he does so, however being merciful we don't demand the same of his family.

125.jpg

Oogi's great charm and persuasiveness have finally resulted in the incorporation of Kii into our realm. Their under-age ruler will of course be granted great respect, along with his mother who was acting as regent (ah so that's why Oogi had such success...).

126.jpg

A skilled assassin and spy is discovered... we could potentially make great use of him... it would be expensive, but still. hmm (a plot begins to form in Oogi's mind, however it will have to wait for a little later; serving girls can be very distracting).

127.jpg

Ah the hermit in Taipei has accomplished his mission...

128.jpg

Ah... finally something most excellent. We should have an acceptable reputation in the next five years... unless something happens of course.

129.jpg

We grant more freedoms in an attempt to encourage free thought, however the idea of thinking of themselves scares people and they run away.

130.jpg

I think this may be taken advantage of...

131.jpg

Last edited:
Our worries are allayed... we were simply waiting for Oogi's latest wife to give birth before proclaiming one of his many other offspring heir. Two months after Kokaku's death, baby Meisho is born. Oogi celebrates by creating a few more spares.

The best way to celebrate. Wait...more members of the Oogi household being unleashed on an unsuspecting world?!

Oogi...well lets move onto something else like the Japanese invading Burma...like that worked out well in this timeline but that's why its alternate history.

Hey! :mad: Korea first! :D
Great update. Oogi is an. . . interesting ruler.

Nice, some good opportunities presenting themselves.

So, I believe that unification can be completed real soon? Or am I missing a minor?

@ morningSIDEr - well I like my legitimacy... I don't want some non-Takeda coming to the throne!

@ blsteen - Invasions are scheduled shortly... :D not of Burma though...

@ JDMS - The last Korean cultured nation was just annexed by Manchuria... I do intend to provoke a Manchurian war shortly :)

@ Malurous - Indeed. Inaba is remaining stubbornly independent, but they don't hold any provinces I need to form Japan, so i am simply waiting on cores.

Update shortly. (judging by my previous record that means sometime in the next 24h :p )

1467 - Hmm... this looks tasty. My land!

I have a cunning plan my Shogun... If we can encourage primatives to take over the filipines (why they are named after a monarch in an alternate reality who has yet to be born anyway noone knows...) anyway... I'm sure you get the gist of the plan...

132.jpg

Agents are dispatched to Tondo with gifts and words of encouragement... The natives enthusiasticly catch on and raise an army without help from Japanese cash.

133.jpg

The Shamanist Rebels take control of the isles, whilst the Japanese watch from their honey isle.

134.jpg

Whilst waiting for our pagan friends... we turn our attention to Bengal. The region is not an easy one to fight in, and a local base of operations would be useful as a staging point. However the legacy of Kosho is still strong and despite Oogi's best efforts we are unable to persuade anyone to trust us with access to their country.

135.jpg

Ah... perfect... The pagans must be destroyed! We must ensure these lands recieve enlightenment from our hermits! yes... definitely

136.jpg

We decide not to take their capital - Prestige is nice, and this way we can demand they revoke their claims on Awa land... thus showing their subjects just how badly they failed them...

137.jpg

And bank managers have been giving themselves large bonuses... lending to people who don't pay back etc... We bail them out for 200 ducats. Joy.

138.jpg

We decide to Provoke Manchuria by shipping a colony of criminals to their northern border... hopefully they will use the legacy of Kosho to declare on us...

We also advance in trade tech... it is estimated that we should start exploring inside twenty five years.

139.jpg

Kwangtong have been expanding into Indochina... taking land from our brothers of the faith! This is unacceptable, we must stand up against such scum!

140.jpg

erm... oops.

141.jpg

The Awa court. Meisho has come of age, and is very like his grandfather, Yukihito. He does have a slightly softer attitude towards merchants, but his admin score is still sadly sub-par. It is unlikely he possess the imagination to organise any major reforms.
Naturally Oogi throws a large party to celebrate his coming of age...

142.jpg

Which embarrasses the court...

143.jpg

However the invasion of Kwangtong goes ahead as planned, with full use of Japanese naval superiority. Chu have stolen a march on us and are already at war with them... hopefully they can do most of the heavy work for us.

144.jpg

General Maeda lands on Hainan with ten thousand men, whilst the navy seals off the crossing to the mainland.

145.jpg

Manchuria finally takes us up on our offer to be a target... and quickly take control and ownership of our colony. However we are unable to shift forces up into Manchuria for fear of letting the Kwangtong Navy loose

146.jpg

OPM Tondo declares on us... They can be dealt with by our rebel bashing force in the area...

147.jpg

To free up the Japanese Navy Maeda quick marches his force to Hong Kong, annihilating several Kwangtongese forces along the way. Capturing the city he forces the navy there to abandon port, whereupon it is taken apart by the waiting Japanese ships.

148.jpg

The armies of Tondo are captured and killed, their city besieged.

149.jpg

The Japanese fleet moves north, and surprises the sorry excuse for a Manchurian Navy, obliterating it. The Korean Campaign can begin...

Cool, action! :cool: So, the Manchurian cowards waited until you were otherwise occupied. They will pay for such an unsportsmanlike DoW.

And bank managers have been giving themselves large bonuses... lending to people who don't pay back etc... We bail them out for 200 ducats. Joy.

Hehe, great real life reference :D

However the legacy of Kosho is still strong and despite Oogi's best efforts we are unable to persuade anyone to trust us with access to their country.

Nations failing to give a highly aggressive militaristic state such as Awa military access? I am shocked. Nice update!

Great update! :)
How big is Manchuria's army?